No announcement yet.

Bordersdown Vinyl/Record Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought a new (2nd hand) classic deck today for 60 pounds shipped. Should be here on Monday. Direct Drive Technics SL-1300 with SONY XL50 pick up. Anyone know much about this deck?

Last edited by Yakumo; 17-10-2015, 11:12.

Comment

The Technics arrived today so I wasted no time cleaning it (it was filthy) and setting it up. The main shaft needed a bit of WD40 to keep the speed solid but apart from that it was pretty straightforward. Not bad for a system labled as junk.

The sound quality as you'd expect is fantastic. No hum, background vibration or any other unwanted sounds present. I'm very happy with it.

Some quick pictures taken with the phone

Comment

Looks really nice mate!

Comment

I've never saw this thread!

I don't have much of a collection right now and just mainly picking up singles I really like.

Heres what I got this week. I know [MENTION=3144]Dogg Thang[/MENTION] will appreciate the first.

seems like a missed opportunity that Chromeo didn't release Old 45's as a physical single.

Comment

SWEET! Really nice. And you are so right about Old 45. Huge missed opportunity.

Comment

Some new buys today. Typical 80's and 90's mostly British pop.

Billy Ocean - Suddenly (Japanese release)
              Mel & Kim - F.L.M. (US release with a different cover and 1 different track to the UK release which I also have and a very odd play list order)
              Taffy - I Love My Radio 12" single (Japanese release)
              Electronic - Getting Away With It (US CD single. - I wanted the record but it cost a fortune)

Comment

While looking around the record store today this was the last thing I'd expect to find. A well and truly WTF! moment.

Mel Smith (RIP) and Kim Wilde - Rocking Around The Christmas Tree

I never would have expected to find a British 80's comedy Christmas charity record, in 12" form as well, in a Japanese record shop in 2015!

Comment

Excellent, Kim wilde was such a babe in those days.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                    Excellent, Kim wilde was such a babe in those days.
                    Too right. You'd be mad not to have fancied Kim back then. I wonder what she looks like now? Must be nearly mid 50s I'd imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                      Too right. You'd be mad not to have fancied Kim back then. I wonder what she looks like now? Must be nearly mid 50s I'd imagine.
                      Check this hilair footage that surfaced a few christmases ago!

Kim Wilde and Ricky Wilde serenade passengers on the train home after the MagicFM Christmas Party. After a truly rubbish day, I got on the train home and cou...

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                        Check this hilair footage that surfaced a few christmases ago!

Kim Wilde and Ricky Wilde serenade passengers on the train home after the MagicFM Christmas Party. After a truly rubbish day, I got on the train home and cou...

Haha, oh man, that's funny. I guess she was a bit on the drunk side. Would have liked to have been on that train though.

Comment

Original 1980 Japanese press of the Empire Strikes Back Sound Track!

Sadly the record had some mould on it but a quick wash later and look at how shiny this bad boy looks!

I'll leave it for 24 hours to make sure it's completely dry before giving it a spin. It should sound fantastic.

Comment

Probably considered "gay" by many but to be honest there are some really good songs on this. Super Max 20 is a series produced by A&M / King Records Japan. For a record from 1973 (it's older than me!) it's in fantastic condition.

The actual record in in an antistatic plastic cover that slides in to the envelope inside the hardback cover.

The record is as new! Hard to think it's 42 years old.
                            Last edited by Yakumo; 19-01-2016, 22:51.

Comment

Nowt wrong with The Carpenters.

Comment

The Carpenters were great -Even Sonic Youth loved them.

Comment

Working...
                                X