No announcement yet.

Bordersdown Vinyl/Record Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw the film (****) but don't recall the soundtrack.

Comment

What is the best way to sell my vinyls? Is it discogs or eBay? And where do I get those cardboard sleeves for packaging? Can anyone advise? I had a lot of vinyl but only got a small amount left mostly in mint condition 90s hip hop. Thanks. Btw I'd prefer to sell in one bunch if possible.

Comment

I always have a handful of surplus records listed on Discogs. They can take a while to sell but it's all been easy peasy. I ship in Musicmax mailers. I always put the record in a generic inner sleeve outside of the original sleeve to avoid seam splits. If you wan't to sell in one bundle though then ebay it is.

Comment

Thanks for replying. How do I get the musicmax mailers ill Google them later. I've bought tons of stuff online but never sold. I don't even know how to calculate weight and shipping costs. I also have dvds and comics to sell so may ask for advice on the forum. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
            What is the best way to sell my vinyls? Is it discogs or eBay? And where do I get those cardboard sleeves for packaging? Can anyone advise? I had a lot of vinyl but only got a small amount left mostly in mint condition 90s hip hop. Thanks. Btw I'd prefer to sell in one bunch if possible.
            90s hiphop is starting to sell for big money. Don't let it go cheap.

Got any Beastie Boys?

Comment

Sorry no Beastie Boys. Stuff like Real Live, Mobb Deep including a white label if I still have it, Hard 2 Obtain etc etc. I threw away a lot of stuff for reasons I won't go into...

Comment

Sorry no Beastie Boys. Stuff like Real Live, Mobb Deep including a white label if I still have it, Hard 2 Obtain etc etc. I threw away a lot of stuff for reasons I won't go into...
                Still kept mine Hard 2 Obtain was awesome, pretty sure their 'Ism and Blues' LP was on Elektra right? As one of KMD was on one track...actually or was it Tame One or El from the Artifacts!? Damn memory! Got all the original Fondle 'Em releases still and a complete set of original KMD records etc. All of the old Brand Nubian and Diamond D 12"'s. Old Main Source stuff too. Even got an original mono Rolling Stones Sticky Fingers in my collection. Despite how many videogames I've sold over the years couldn't part with my records.
                Last edited by Escape-To-88; 19-04-2018, 16:18.
                3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

This thread got me all nostalgic, and didn't even realised it existed! Grabbed a handful of records from a shelf and forgot I even had half this stuff!

Just one grab at a few of these revealed a few early 90s hip-hop gems including an almost complete early Gravediggaz set including the rare UK LP 'Niggamortis' with the extra UK demo track and a white label direct from their recording studio! Also an old Wu-Tang promo with 'Shame on a Nuh', the radio edit on - which was never commercially released, also found the El-P and Big Juss 'Funcrusher' coloured vinyl EP! The latter surely should be worth a pretty penny now with the success of Run the Jewels?

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
                    This thread got me all nostalgic, and didn't even realised it existed! Grabbed a handful of records from a shelf and forgot I even had half this stuff!

Just one grab at a few of these revealed a few early 90s hip-hop gems including an almost complete early Gravediggaz set including the rare UK LP 'Niggamortis' with the extra UK demo track and a white label direct from their recording studio! Also an old Wu-Tang promo with 'Shame on a Nuh', the radio edit on - which was never commercially released, also found the El-P and Big Juss 'Funcrusher' coloured vinyl EP! The latter surely should be worth a pretty penny now with the success of Run the Jewels?

I'd suggest checking them in discogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                      Visited the local record store yesterday. Picked up a few 7" singles and 12" singles.
                      Nice, I have '19' two versions on 12" upstairs in the loft from first time around.

Comment

Originally posted by Anpanman View Post
                        Nice, I have '19' two versions on 12" upstairs in the loft from first time around.
                        Nice. Listening to 19 after so many years is surprisingly still fresh.

Comment

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post

I bet some of that hip hop stuff would fetch a nice price these days. Nothing bank breaking but a nice amount.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                            I bet some of that hip hop stuff would fetch a nice price these days. Nothing bank breaking but a nice amount.
                            The Gravediggaz album appears to be about £70 on Discogs, I looked up a couple of other bits I had, one called the Visuals is about £60, so yeah they must be worth a decent amount. I got rid of all the dross a few year ago and have about 200-300 choice pieces including some sealed stuff. I won't be selling though Edit: Oh and I have this, seems to be about $200! https://www.discogs.com/sell/list?master_id=75758&ev=mb
                            Last edited by Escape-To-88; 20-04-2018, 11:32.

Comment

Anyone have any idea why this promo is banned from discogs? Look at the bottom text. It has a classic Melle Mell track on it which was redone for the lp release after replaying the sample and removing the second verse.

Edit. Escape you have a very nice collection. Yeah I was a Hard 2 Obtain fan I still have a couple of the singles including the Heels Without Souls remix and Ghetto Diamond and the cd reissue of the lp. Was a big Diamond D fan too.

Comment

https://www.discogs.com/Various-Chec...elease/1387232

Anyone have any idea why this promo is banned from discogs? Look at the bottom text. It has a classic Melle Mell track on it which was redone for the lp release after replaying the sample and removing the second verse.

Edit. Escape you have a very nice collection. Yeah I was a Hard 2 Obtain fan I still have a couple of the singles including the Heels Without Souls remix and Ghetto Diamond and the cd reissue of the lp. Was a big Diamond D fan too.
                                Yeah, still find it odd Stunts, Blunts and hip-hop never had a proper original release outside of the promo LP! Was only actually 'properly' released as a kind of picture cover repress.

I wonder if it's because that promo has been bootlegged and scammers had try to cash in on it as original? I only say that because I noticed one of the 12"s in my collection (could be a Wu Tang one!?) Has the same issue, oddly. Still got about another 200 odd records to go through, but seems I have all the old UMC stuff, Krown Rulers etc. I did have a sealed Unique 'Pure Dynamite' 12" from the 80s but must have sold it!

Comment

Working...
                                X