X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love penguins

Seen it plenty of times with the kids and still makes me laugh

Comment

I love the movie, especially little skipper at the beginning.

Comment

Ramirez..........Dave

When my daughter sees an octopus she shouts Dave lol

Class film and so much better than I ever expected

Comment

Well I defy nature! *gasp*

Comment

It took a few attempts, but I got through Django Unchained.

Did anyone else notice they use the "n" word a lot in this? :/

I'm joking, it's crazy how much they use it. It's only a word, but every time they use it, it's like somebody poking you in the ribs.

Film itself is great with some excellent performances. I especially liked the character of Dr. King Schultz and I'll look out for Christopher Waltz in other films.

The film rattles along at a fair old pace until we meet Leonardo DiCaprio's Calvin J. Candie, when the plot slows right down as the film explores his relationship with his slaves.

The action sequences are great and highly stylised, so I'm guessing this is part of Tarantino's "movie in a movie" universe. It looks like the six-shooters are firing explosive rounds judging by the gore in the shootouts!

I do enjoy Tarantino's films and some of the unusual techniques he employs. Some really nice shots like looking through Jamie Foxx's legs at Samuel L. Jackson, the sun setting on a funeral scene and the crisp white snow of the snowman scene. He uses lots of classic techniques like crash-zooms. The soundtrack is suitably eclectic with Western music sitting alongside Hip Hop.

Tarantino always builds an interesting world full of characters and you want to learn about their paths and how they cross.

I loved all the crazy cameos too.

Ultimately, it was a great watch, but the "n" word usage made it pretty tough going.

Comment

Watch inglorious besterds with christoph in it as the Jew catcher - another amazing performance

I originally watched django on watch at a Nato comms centre and my colleague in watch was a burly black American and I asked him before hand if he had any issues with it and he said only if they used that word a lot and I looked at him and said come on you realise it's going to be all over the place

But he enjoyed it anyway
              Last edited by buster_broon; 26-03-2015, 19:50.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                Film itself is great with some excellent performances. I especially liked the character of Dr. King Schultz and I'll look out for Christopher Waltz in other films.
                Try Terry Gilliam's The Zero Theorem

Comment

I looked at Wikipedia at his other films and Inglorious and Zero Theorum were the two that caught my eye.

Thanks, chaps!

Comment

Daredevil is on right now. Can't imagine I'll watch the whole thing. It's pretty horrendous so far. Awful, awful characters. And yet feels like the tone is edging closer to what Marvel got right with Iron Man. They just got it wrong here. Affleck is particularly bad in it and I know that guy can act. Hope he brings more to Batman in that versus film I might never see.

Edit: this just keeps getting worse. It's terrible. The action is hilarious. For a couple of shots it switches to really bad CG people and then cuts to actual footage and it's like switching from the actual game to the intro of RE1.
                    Last edited by Dogg Thang; 27-03-2015, 21:22.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                      Daredevil is on right now. Can't imagine I'll watch the whole thing. It's pretty horrendous so far. Awful, awful characters. And yet feels like the tone is edging closer to what Marvel got right with Iron Man. They just got it wrong here. Affleck is particularly bad in it and I know that guy can act. Hope he brings more to Batman in that versus film I might never see.

Edit: this just keeps getting worse. It's terrible. The action is hilarious. For a couple of shots it switches to really bad CG people and then cuts to actual footage and it's like switching from the actual game to the intro of RE1.
                      Are you watching the theatrical version?

Comment

I don't know but unless every scene is replaced with some of the main cast played by other actors there is no cut of this movie that would have me thinking it's good.

Comment

I used to think the same as you but the directors cut is a lot better.

Comment

I goes from a 4/10 to a 6 or 7/10.

Comment

What we do in the shadows. A fly on the wall vampire documentary.

Not laugh out loud funny but had a few chuckle worth jokes in there.

Comment

I watched Back To The Future 3 last night. This movie has two huge things that go against it: 1) it's a Western and 2) it doesn't really tie into the events of the first movie. It misses the era-specific fun that the '80s brought to the other two movies, even when set in different time periods.

BUT... I think it's a far better movie than the second one. In a similar switch to Indiana Jones where I felt Temple of Doom was weak and Last Crusade was strong when I a kid but then thought the exact opposite when I watched them again as an adult, I had found myself disappointed with how messy and aimless BttF2 felt on a rewatch, in spite of the end sequence being clever and brilliant. BttF3, on the other hand, has a very clear story, a natural progression and the pacing is great. There is a huge amount of fun but always serving that story. And the Biff we see here I think is excellent. Head and shoulders above future Biff from part 2. I guess part of what goes against it (not tying in to the first movie) allows it to work on its own strengths, whereas 2 spent a large chunk having to deal with events of the ending of the first movie.

So I really enjoyed BttF3. It just suffers I think from feeling like a western with the BttF characters rather than a BttF movie with a western bit. Had they gone back and done what they did at the end of 2 with this, tying it in to both, I think it would have been thought of as much stronger.

Overall, a great trilogy but the star is easily the original for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X