Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally saw Interstellar and enjoyed it.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
      Finally saw Interstellar and enjoyed it.
      I'm disappointed you didn't say something like "It's out of this world!"

Comment

I enjoyed how well rooted in reality it was for the most part.
        But it was hardly interstellar...

Comment

I have to say I thought Interstellar was a hugely overblown and rather silly film! I was excited to see it but found it disappointing in the end - an ersatz 2001.

Comment

I watched the Before Sunrise films over the last while. Hadn't seen Before Midnight before. That one was a bit of a surprise. Not the romantic romp I was expecting but I appreciated some realism thrown into the mix.

I'm actually terrible with romantic films because they always get me reevaluating my life and playing out 'what ifs' and making me think I should just up and leave my wife and kids for an adventure and it was good that Before Midnight shows what happens next. Threw a bit of cold water on any of those ideas.

Comment

I just saw this unknown 2015 film with Travolta called 'Criminal Activities'.

The trailer made it out to be boring , identikit fare and thus good reason for its complete lack of exposure. But it was actually really good and charming, really.

Always like a film doesn't take itself seriously and goes off on unique, weird tangents here and there and dry humour is always good.

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              I'd really like to see The Hateful Eight in 70mm but nowhere near here is playing it, boo.
              Mind you, does it really need to be such a widescreen format when a large percentage is shot in a cabin and, even more cramped, in a carriage?!

I'm glad people are enjoying it though. I read this review which was unimpressed:
              http://www.manlymovie.net/2015/12/re...015-sucks.html
              I'm surprised a site billing itself as 'manly movie' didn't like it. The machismo and violent misogyny was a bit much.

It was a great film, I'll see it again.

Is Hateful Eight on limited release in UK as well? I don't understand one bit why it's not on wide release here.
              Last edited by usman; 05-01-2016, 17:40.

Comment

Tucker & Dale vs. Evil

Silly. But pretty entertaining. Worth watching if you fancy a laugh.

Comment

I loved it but the misses couldn't stand the blood.

Two hillbillies trying to fix up a cabin in the woods one of them has just bought when a group of college kids turn up and completely get the wrong idea that they're trying to kill them.

Comment

The Big Short

Rich people showing off how they made money off the big banks beforre the crash and saying 'but yeah we care about the american people too'. Didn't get the point. Didn't like at all.

Also, Marisa Tomei really aged in the past 7 years, quite a shock. That and how fat Stave Carrell and Selena Gomez have got. Fat rolls everywhere on those two.

Also saw 'Super' with Rainn Wilson, Kevin Bacon, Liv Tyler, the Juno girl.

Would've been a decent movie if nor for the weird sadist violence. Just confirmed my observation that sometimes comic book and game nerds can be the most amoral and sadist fantasists out there.
                    Last edited by usman; 07-01-2016, 02:13.

Comment

Maybe your widescreen setting is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                        I'd really like to see The Hateful Eight in 70mm but nowhere near here is playing it, boo.
                        Mind you, does it really need to be such a widescreen format when a large percentage is shot in a cabin and, even more cramped, in a carriage?!

I'm glad people are enjoying it though. I read this review which was unimpressed:
                        http://www.manlymovie.net/2015/12/re...015-sucks.html
                        I'm hopefully going to catch this next week @ the Odeon in Leicester Sq - 70mm showing with intermission! Last time I remember an intermission was when I saw Lawrence of Arabia in the cinema about 20 years ago!!

Comment

Oh and I saw Kingsman the other day - brilliant. Would've been second on my best of '15 list easily. Very enjoyable.

Comment

I managed to catch the full grind house at Southampton odeon when it was doing it's limited run and loved the intermissions and trailers

Anyway the last week I sat down with my daughter and watched raiders, temple of doom and last crusade with her and apart from yucky things like spiders and bugs she was completely fixed to the telly, complete opposite to Star Wars

This weekend it's kingdom of the crystal skull then we can watch them all again in a year or two - I was worried about a few things but she was okay like the end of raiders and I had forgotten how dark temple of doom actually is, when mola ram takes out the guys heart she asked what it was and I said a steak to which she responded I think that's his heart daddy (she's five) - and every body was drinking juice from the skull

Raiders still stands up to this day as a superb movie, temple of doom was much better than I remembered but weaker than raiders and I had completely forgot how good last crusade actually is

She definately prefers Indiana Jones to Han Solo that's for sure

Comment

Ticket booked for Hateful Eight 70mm tomorrow morning at 11. It's the first showing I think and I'm excited

No one to go with but that's no bother at all. Haven't been to the cinema by myself for years.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                                Ticket booked for Hateful Eight 70mm tomorrow morning at 11. It's the first showing I think and I'm excited

No one to go with but that's no bother at all. Haven't been to the cinema by myself for years.
                                I'm the opposite, 90% I go to cinemas myself. Feels very odd to be with someone else. I'm odd.
                                Last edited by usman; 09-01-2016, 03:03. Reason: dumb content

Comment

Working...
                                X