Need for Speed 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need for Speed 2

The Chinese backers of “Transformers: Age of Extinction” are moving forward with a sequel to last year’s film adaptation of the best-selling video game series “Need for Speed”. Electronic Arts is teaming with China Movie Channel Program Centre, Jiaflix Enterprises and 1905 Pictures for the project which plans to use Chinese actors in significant roles […]

I know the film, despite doing okay, wasn't an F&F style hit as audiences stuck very true to Vin and crew. I also know that the film wasn't massively well received.

But I did kind of enjoy it, so I'm not unhappy to see a sequel is now moving ahead. EA looks to be sidestepping Dreamworks this time and is doubling up on it's connection with the Chinese backers of the first for the sequel that looks set to increase it's inclusion of Chinese cast members and location shoots.

However, Dreamworks still owns the film rights to a sequel option. Though talks have yet to happen, presumably Dreamworks hasn't shown much interest as yet in pursuing the franchise. Negotiations are said to be taking place too and presumably EA will be pitching for DW to pitch in or distribute the film or to sell back the sequel option as parties currently involved seem dead set on moving forward.

No word at all yet on whether any cast from the first film will be involved yet.

The first was ok, certainly not terrible. I loved the scene when one of the friends quits his job. It certainly had its moments. Hopefully they'll come up with better actions scenes.

Comment

F&F7 has already earned more at the cinema in a week than NFS1 did in total.

Thought the first film was pretty ropey and only garnered most views due to having Aaron Paul in it really. Sounds like a total cast change so probably made for the Chinese market and that's about it.

Comment

Working...
      X