Star Wars Anthology III: Boba Fett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Wars Anthology III: Boba Fett

“Chronicle” and “Fantastic Four” director Josh Trank will no longer direct the proposed second in the “Star Wars Anthology” series, a second spin-off that was to debut between “Star Wars: Episode VIII” and “Star Wars: Episode IX”. Trank’s departure was first suspected when he suddenly cancelled a planned appearance two weeks ago at the Star […]

Josh Trank has dropped out of directing the second Anthology side-film which is due sometime in 2018. No word has been given on why he has exited, what Trank offers is simply a fairly generic 'pursue my some original creative opportunities' response.

Can't say I'm bothered, for Chronicle was hugely overrated and F4 isn't looking great so far.

As for a replacement, nothing as yet. Though I'm waiting for the inevitable Joss Whedon speculation.
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 11-10-2015, 11:46.

The departure of filmmaker Josh Trank on Friday from the upcoming second Star Wars standalone film has led to many questioning what exactly happened behind-the-scenes that caused him to have to pull out of such a high profile gig. While the filmmaker himself said the departure was because he “made a personal decision” to leave, […]

It's looking like Trank is out because he's proven himself too difficult to work with

Comment

The guy was a dick when I hired him to paint my fence.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
        The guy was a dick when I hired him to paint my fence.
        [hide][/hide]

Comment

Yeah, that's Trank all over.

Comment

Though previously rumored, there now appears to be added weight to reports that the upcoming second of the “Star Wars: Anthology” spin-off films will put the focus on the original trilogy’s iconic bounty hunter character Boba Fett. The report comes from The Wrap which says the film is still targeting a 2018 release despite the […]

Speculation is that this entry will indeed be focused on Boba Fett

Comment

A while back “Breaking Bad” director Michelle MacLaren signed on to direct Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment’s adaptation of the “Wonder Woman” comics. It’s a gig MacLaren ultimately left following creative differences, with ultimately Patty Jenkins taking on the helm. Today on the newest Meet the Movie Press podcast, it was indicated by The Wrap’s […]

Rumour is building that Breaking Bad director Michelle MacLaren is in talks to helm the second spin-off

Comment

It’s official, “21 Jump Street” and “The LEGO Movie” writer/directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller are set to make a “Star Wars Anthology” film their next directing project. The pair will helm a movie that will focus on a young Han Solo, whilst Lawrence Kasdan and Jon Kasdan will pen the script. The project is […]

This entry into the franchise has officially been delayed and will now arrive later on, presumably 2019/2020, to make room for the just announced Han film making it the third Anthology entry now

Comment

Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy admits to EW that the other “Star Wars” anthology movie they had been developing, the one with a script by Simon Kinberg and which Josh Trank was slated to direct, is still very much active. The film was originally slated to open in 2018 between “Star Wars: Episode VIII” and “Star […]

Apparently this entry is still in active development but with two extra years to work on it they're taking their time. A Rogue One proof of concept was going to be released this year but was cancelled after the delay. A new director will likely be next after Disney fired Trank

Comment

Though filmmaker Josh Trank dropped out of the second “Star Wars” spin-off film which was rumored to focus on bounty hunter Boba Fett, a new report is now linking his “Chronicle” and “Fantastic Four” star Michael B. Jordan to the project. The Wrap reporter Jeff Sneider appeared on the Meet the Movie Press podcast (via […]

A rumour has sprung up of Michael B Jordan playing Fett. You can never be 100% but my gut says this is false.

Comment

That article doesn't say he would be playing Fett. Does the podcast they reference say that? This is how misinformation spreads!

Edit: Yep, it appears it does say that in the podcast they reference.

Comment

To be honest I preferred him in Space Jam.

Comment

Working...
                        X