Musical instrument purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Musical instrument purchase

Having a little PPI money left after getting mobile again with a second-hand car before Christmas, I took the plunge and ordered a "budget" bass guitar as backup for my 6 string Yamaha TRB-6P. The new bass was just over a quarter of the price I paid for the Yamaha, which I bought second-hand about 19 years ago!

Like the Yamaha it has a through neck (part of the body). You also have the option of passing the strings through the body. A plus over the Yamaha is the 35" scale compared to 34".

Due to some packaging issues which resulted in a small amount of damage to the headstock and some discoloration of some of the strings, I have been given a 10% refund on the cost of the bass as I didn't want to go to the aggravation of returning it for a replacement! Not sure where the damage occurred as it was the inner box that was the cause. The outer box had been attacked in transit and was open on arrival, though all the contents were there.

The controls are confusing, though I think I have them figured out now! Removing the two batteries proved that pulling out the volume control switched off the active electronics.

Comment

Working...
    X