Not Another Christmas Movie Thread '15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not Another Christmas Movie Thread '15

So I've got Die Hard 1+2 ready to go on the computer, Ice Age Mammoth Christmas, Arthur Christmas on 3d bluray and this years addition is Polar Express 3D.
    Scrooged has already been watched once, and I think Christmas Eve it'll be watched again. I still wish "The Night The Reindeer Died" had been made into a real movie...

What are we all watching?

Jingle All The Way.
    Scrooged.
    Muppet Christmas Carol

Comment

Elf
      The hudsucker proxy
      Muppet Christmas carol

Comment

Watched Elf the other day, Muppet Christmas Carol is a certainty this week!
        I didn't overly enjoy Four Christmases, Fred Claus was fun though.
        Jingle All the Way 2 is on Netflix...Larry the Cable Guy in the main role. Hm.

Comment

Skipping Xmas movies this year unless we watched The Muppets Christmas Carol Uncut (no, not THAT kind of uncut)

BTW, this is the 30th anniversary year of Santa Clause the Movie

Comment

The regular ones i have watched every year are:

Home Alone
            The Snowman
            Scrooged
            A Wonderful Life.

Watched two of them already

Comment

Weirdly, I think it's been a fair few years since the last genuinely brilliant Christmas film. I struggle to recall a recent film I've liked.

Comment

Elf, Charlie Brown Christmas, The Snowman... that might be it for me. I love Christmas but don't have many Christmas films I really enjoy. Loved Muppets Christmas Carol but have seen it too many times now. I need a break from it.

Comment

Die Hard is my only guaranteed watch.

Thinking to maybe watch Gremlins and Batman Returns also.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                    Weirdly, I think it's been a fair few years since the last genuinely brilliant Christmas film. I struggle to recall a recent film I've liked.
                    Dude, we just watched Star Trek Generations, that had a Christmas scene in it...not a full Christmas film I know but I know you like that film as you insisted we watched it ( I like it too, shame it was cut on TV though.)

Anywho, Christmas movies

Christmassy films I intend to watch this year

Little Women - I remember my mum taking my sister and I to the cinema just before Christmas to see it. Only time I remember going to the cinema close to Christmas as a kid. Haven't seen it in ages and I fancy watching it
                    Tokyo Godfathers - Asura hasn't seen it, bit dark but different
                    Santa Claus: The Movie - Firm Favorite since childhood. I still imagine Santa and his home like hit's depicted in that movie
                    Miracle on 34th Street - A film I have grown to love over the years, never bothered as a kid to watch. Great story

Might watch

Elf - I love it, Asura hates it
                    It's a Wonderful Life - STILL NEVER SEEN IT!

Comment

I highly recommend Arthur Christmas if you've not seen it before. Hugh Laurie, James McAvoy, Bill Nighy and Jim Broadbent voicing the men of the Christmas family.

Love this:

Comment

I'll be watching:
                        Scrooge
                        National Lampoons Christmas
                        Home Alone
                        Arthur Christmas
                        Santa Claus

I'll also be watching:
                        Die Hard 1 and 2
                        Gremlins
                        Mickey's Christmas Carol
                        All manner of Christmas specials from TV comedies, like Blackadder.

The missus has been recording straight to video/made for TV TAT since late October, and she's watched some of those while I'm gaming in the same room. They're mostly bloody awful and follow the same format:
                        Single mother in small town meets hotshot exec who's a Thatcherite arsehead. He's had to go out to the sticks on some tawdry business venture. The kid wins him over as said scumbag gradually learns the true meaning of Christmas, but not before a crisis where he's caused some local business to close or shagged another tart. Eventually the heart-of-gold single mother falls for this guy who's now been converted like Saul, and they get together on Christmas Eve.

There's the odd decent/different one that's been more entertaining. I saw Doogie MD in one that was ok. Another one has some kids putting a rabbit in a pram and sending it flying down a ski ramp in the garden. And The Night They Saved Christmas is a favourite of wor lass, which features an elf with mutton chops and green eyeshadow.

Comment

Forgot I watched Holiday Inn already this week, but it was on Youtube with an odd light in the middle and the framerate was odd. No 60fps? No deal.

Comment

I have already watched The Night Before in the cinema (Rogan/Levitt goodness) and for the first time Eight Crazy Nights, an Adam Sandler Christmas animation. It is funny in places (very childish comedy) and seems to be the origin of his other classic, Jack and Jill.

Comment

I'm currently watching Love Actually to placate the missus, but it's alright really.

I'll try to watch Die Hard 1 or 2 in my new jumper.

Ultimately, I just wish I could watch a full-length version of The Night The Reindeer Died.

Comment

Working...
                              X