Cloverfield 2: 10 Cloverfield Lane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cloverfield 2: 10 Cloverfield Lane

The long rumored follow-up to the J.J. Abrams-produced 2008 monster movie “Cloverfield” appears to not only be on the way – its actually already completed. Two years ago Dan Trachtenberg, the filmmaker behind the acclaimed video game inspired short fan film “Portal: No Escape,” was hired to helm a post-apocalyptic thriller dubbed “Valencia” (aka. “The […]

Taking place in secret, filming has been completed on a sequel/spin-off to the 2008 monster movie Cloverfield. The new film stars John Goodman who has locked Mary Elizabeth Winstead in his basement. The film follows a mind game between them as he claims the outside world lies in ruins. The film is said to not be directly related to events in the first but potentially takes place within the same universe.

Calm it down, everyone!
    Here's the trailer you're clamouring to see...

Comment

From the director of pretty much nothing.

Comment

He directed the short film Portal: No Escape, which you can watch right now in Chimp-o-Vision:
        [hide][/hide]

It could be alright. I don't know why it has to be related to Cloverfield, but the cat and mouse aspect could be good.
        I don't mean like Tom and Jerry, I was thinking of Ex Machina, which just got an Oscar ? nomination for its screenplay.

It's funny because John Goodman locking Mary Elizabeth Winstead results in the premise for a nail-biting thriller.
        When I tell her I want to lock her up in my basement, I get blocked on Twitter and reported to the authorities.
        Last edited by QualityChimp; 15-01-2016, 10:01.

Comment

Was I the only one who couldn't understand the hype about Cloverfield? I've only bothered watching it once and didn't care for it.
          As much as we would all like to lock MEW in our basements, I'll wait for it to arrive on Netflix in 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
            Was I the only one who couldn't understand the hype about Cloverfield? I've only bothered watching it once and didn't care for it.
            It kinda came out of nowhere, and it tried something different - i.e. blending the hand-camera "gonzo" style of Blair Witch with a realistic take on a Godzilla movie.

I think Cloverfield's success was less about being good and more about being a fresh take on something.

Plus it came out at just the right time, what with all the handy-cam footage coming back from warzones via Wikileaks.

Comment

For me the idea of Cloverfield was awesome just the execution was a little bit off

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                i.e. blending the hand-camera "gonzo" style of Blair Witch with a realistic take on a Godzilla movie.

I think Cloverfield's success was less about being good and more about being a fresh take on something.
                I didn't think I'd like Cloverfield because it was a camcorder sort of movie, but I really enjoyed it. It's the best thing I've seen in that genre and I was glued to the screen.

This new film sounds promising, so I hope it lives up to the potential.

Comment

That was an odd trailer. Hope it turns out alright. I thought the first film was pretty OK.
                  Last edited by usman; 16-01-2016, 07:35. Reason: oops

Comment

Superbowl trailer

Comment

Set for release in two weeks, Paramount Pictures’ “10 Cloverfield Lane” takes us back to the universe of the 2008 monster movie “Cloverfield”, albeit in a story that’s quite different. Originally self-contained, the Dan Trachtenberg-directed film seems to have been retrofitted to now serve as a “loose side-quel” to the first film. Speaking with J.J. […]

JJ Abrams has said that there is an idea for a third film but they're not counting their chickens quite yet

Comment

Working...
                      X