The Revenant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Revenant

Saw this afternoon in the cinema and Innaritu's latest film that centres around a tale of revenge and survival in the snowy American wilderness of the late 17th Century is a beautifully shot, gritty, well-acted film that will linger in the mind long after the first viewing.

All the main actors are solid (Dicaprio who will probably be snubbed at the awards again, Tom Hardy, Domnhall Gleeson, Will Poulter) digging deep to bring weight and substance to their roles.

Worth seeing at the cinema and perfectly matches the type of weather we're experiencing this time of year.
    Last edited by Paddy; 17-01-2016, 21:38.

Great movie, hard watch, brilliant couple of scenes.

Comment

Are people generally liking it then?

When I saw the trailer, I saw very little reason to go see it. It just seem so incredibly "GrimDark". Very artistically made, perhaps, but I need more than that.

Comment

The

bear attack

is incredible and they obviously made men harder back in those days

tom hardy gets two of his fingers tomahawk'd off and doesn't even flinch, actually tuts because he has lost two of his fingers

Comment

Yup, amazing film. Absolutely has to be seen at a decent cinema. Wouldn't surprise me if this gets 8 oscars.

Comment

Cracking film, a must see..

Comment

The visuals in this are so vibrant and exquisite. Even though snowy landscapes bring this out in film, the team behind The Revenant did an excellent job here.

Not going to spoil any of the content but I agree with the others. Definitely a film to catch in the cinema and absolutely the right time to.

Comment

Saw this Monday, going into it had no idea what it was about, would say its a very harsh and brutal film and very well shot. Well worth seeing.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                  Are people generally liking it then?

When I saw the trailer, I saw very little reason to go see it. It just seem so incredibly "GrimDark". Very artistically made, perhaps, but I need more than that.
                  I'm going to leave it alone as I don't like Dicaprio.

Comment

Originally posted by Ampanman View Post
                    I'm going to leave it alone as I don't like Dicaprio.
                    That's fair enough but he does give a great performance in this film. He has become a great actor over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                      That's fair enough but he does give a great performance in this film. He has become a great actor over the years.
                      Real shame about the Oscar for Blood Diamond. I mean, Forrest Whittaker deserved it, but it was a very unfortunate year for DiCaprio.

Comment

Saw this at the cinema last night. Amazing from start to finish. Everything looks and feels so real and intense. Already want to see it again, but it's going to lose some of that raw power on the small screen.

Comment

I was a little underwhelmed by this, if I'm honest.
                          It was very good, but I think I got swept up in the hype.
                          Pretty much everything is in the trailer, but longer and in a different order.
                          Maybe 7/10?

I loved some of the cinematography though. Some beautiful scenery and shots. I agree with Atticus that it deserves to be seen at the cinema for maximum impact.
                          The Cinematographer is Emmanuel Lubezki, best known for Gravity and Children of Men, and there's another trademark long take at the start that has a similar vibe where everything is going to hell all around.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                            Real shame about the Oscar for Blood Diamond. I mean, Forrest Whittaker deserved it, but it was a very unfortunate year for DiCaprio.
                            He should absolutely have won the oscar for his role in the aviator.

He was utterly outstanding in that film.

Comment

Originally posted by PaTaito View Post
                              He should absolutely have won the oscar for his role in the aviator.

He was utterly outstanding in that film.
                              He lost out to Jamie Foxx in Ray. Can't really comment - haven't seen it and I'm not a fan of Ray Charles either.

Comment

Working...
                              X