X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
    Gunn Confirms New DC Is A Full Reset - Dark Horizons
    they say Blue Beetle will be part of the new DCU
    I suspect they are saying this only so it doesn’t seem redundant even before it’s out. My guess is we’ll never see this Blue Beetle again.

Comment

Which must be gutting for Xolo. Gets this off the back of Cobra Kai, then the news it's getting promoted from streaming debut to full cinema release, then being burned off to kill the existing DCU. The DCU is close to being able to do a cinematic universe of cinematic universes though... though I guess the MCU already did that too in a way with the Sony films

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
        Which must be gutting for Xolo.
        Yes, but I see him eventually getting added to the cast of Fast and Furious 13 or 14. He’ll do okay.

Comment

Vin Diesel: "I like this guy, I like how his new film is all about... family"

Comment

"Aquaman 2" Gets Reshoots, Loses Cameo - Dark Horizons
            Batman has now been cut entirely from Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom.

Comment

Read the link to find out which one and it turns out it’s all of them.

Comment

That film is going to flop hard.

Comment

They've lost so much money this year that it makes it farcical Batgirl was axed to save money. Even making as little as the lowest grossing DCU movie it would have earned profit given the low budget

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                    Yes, but I see him eventually getting added to the cast of Fast and Furious 13 or 14. He’ll do okay.
                    Heh, funnily enough I've always throught the same thing.

Comment

They're never making Fast and Furious 13

He might make the cut for Fast X: Part Nine - Chapter Three: The Furious Riddick

Comment

Comment

It's interesting what's happening with the DCU because films like The Batman, Joker etc do well but the well certainly seems poisoned when it comes to the marketability of the DCU. It suggests that DC itself isn't the issue but anything connected the DCU now turns people away. This despite the (ignoring Marvel fanboys) improved quality of the films.

The trouble with resetting the DCU is that it's going to be incredibly difficult to re-engage with audiences and get them onboard, particularly as soon as any elements appear to be familiar. I know some cast are being reused in new roles but it increasingly feels like the first thing they need to do is to abolish all risk of audience confusion.

That means wiping the slate clean. Axe Waller and Peacemaker, drop every single actor from every single role even including Momoa etc. Have Superman: Legacy be visually and tonally completely different and very clearly nothing to do with the existing content.

Planning a consistent universe feels increasingly like a mistake also. As audiences seem to be receptive to DC stand alone films it might have proven better to make Superman: Legacy tie to nothing. Same for every planned film. Anything that fails can safely be discarded, anything that succeeds can safely have sequels and spin-offs. Then, when you have a handful of successes on your hands do a Crisis on Infinite Earths event to bring them together for the first time, the event meaning you don't need to worry at all about inconsistencies between brands and can cherry pick what to use also.

Comment

Gadot, Gunn Developing "Wonder Woman 3" - Dark Horizons
                            I'm getting to the point where I'm expecting Gadot will never play the role again and once Superman: Legacy comes around we'll be looking instead at a cold relaunch of the DCU 100% divorced from the existing one.

Comment

DC Artist On Famuyiwa's "Flashpoint" Plans - Dark Horizons
                              An artist who worked on an earlier version of the plan has said that the original DCU plan was that Zack Synder would create several films that would culminate in the Darkseid storyline. Presumably this refers to Man of Steel, Batman v Superman, Justice League and Justice League Part II. Sitting beside these would be Suicide Squad. We would then have a series of trilogies focusing on the members of the Justice League, so a third Wonder Woman, a third Aquaman, Batman trilogy etc and amongst those would be a trilogy of The Flash movies. Zoom would appear to be involved in events across all these films leading up to the later stages of The Flash trilogy where he would emerge as the primary DCU villain, the third Flash movie resulting in the Flashpoint event and in turn rebooting the DCU.

With so many changes of plan, re-edits and false starts it seems that the whole plan was ringfenced and isolated to take place within a single Flash movie instead and we're still waiting to see whether or not that holds or the 2025 onward DCU line up completely disowns the existing films.

Comment

"Wonder Woman 3" Is NOT In The Works - Dark Horizons
                                Contrary to prior reports it now seems that Wonder Woman 3 is not happening at all which makes Gadot's continuation in the role seem unlikely

Comment

Working...
                                X