• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marvel's "I Am Groot" Set For August 10th - Dark Horizons
    Meanwhile I Am Groot will launch on 10 August 2022

Comment

"Borat" Star Has Key "Guardians" Role - Dark Horizons
      Maria Bakalova, from Borat II, has been cast in an unrevealed key role in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.3

Comment

Schreier To Direct Marvel's "Thunderbolts" - Dark Horizons
        Jake Schrier, director of Dave and Robot & Frank, has been set to helm Thunderbolts, one of the upcoming Marvel movies. The film centres on a group of supervillains who go on missions for the Government.

Presumably they're high risk missions too dangerous to risk heroes... kind of like a squad... on suicide missions...

Comment

Suicide squad would be a good title.

Comment

Julee Cruise Julee Cruise, a singer best known for her 1989 hit “Falling” whose instrumental version became the theme for David Lynch’s iconic series “Twin Peaks,” has died at 65. No cause of death has been indicated, but she had been battling systemic lupus which left her in chronic pain. Cruise also collaborated with Lynch […]

Blade will start filming next month

Sony Pictures has announced plans for a theatrical release of an extended version of “Spider-Man: No Way Home” for the Labor Day Weekend holiday. Titled “Spider-Man: No Way Home – The More Fun Stuff Version,” the new cut will incorporate added and extended scenes to a film that has become the third biggest box office […]

On 02 September in the US/Canada and other countries that are yet to be confirmed, Sony will release Spider-Man: No Way Home - The More Fun Stuff Version, with added scenes and extended scenes

Comment

Tom Hardy confirms writing is underway on Venom 3

Comment

Marvel Develops "Wonder Man" Series - Dark Horizons
                The Director of Shang-Chi has started work on a Disney+ series for the character of Wonder Man

Comment

Normally I’d say hell no to a new Blade but I really like Mahershala Ali as an actor and think he could be really good in the role, needs to beef up somewhat as he’s normally very slim.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                    Normally I’d say hell no to a new Blade but I really like Mahershala Ali as an actor and think he could be really good in the role, needs to beef up somewhat as he’s normally very slim.
                    I'm willing to admit I may be wrong here, but I think that the Blade character might be different to the older movies.

I think the movie Blade character is a fusion of both Morbius and Blade, who in the comics were usually working together. Morbius's thing was that he was "the living vampire", i.e. a special vampire, and Blade was just a hard-ass human guy who wanted to wipe out vampires.

I guess it remains to be seen if they want to make something closer to the older Blade movies or not. Personally I still love Blade 1, though the other two have aged particularly badly.

EDIT: Looked it up and I was half-right/wrong. So he was born while his mother was killed by a vampire like in the movie, but in the comics his only "super" power is that he's immune to being turned into a vampire.
                    Last edited by Asura; 17-06-2022, 12:00.

Comment

Why does he need to beef up? The character is a vampire and gets super strength etc as a result. No gym time and PEDs required.

Comment

"Ms. Marvel" Has Lowest MCU Disney+ Debut - Dark Horizons
                        Ms Marvel has emerged as the least successful MCU Disney+ series. It pulled in half the audience of Hawkeye, the previous lowest draw.

To me it's really simple here as to the main reason why. It's a new character with zero film connections or appearances under her belt, zero currently aired connections to upcoming films (she will be in The Marvels but that's too far out for general audiences to be aware of) and has no notable named cast members either. It's a bit of a lesson on how the series are extensions of the films, on their own legs there's not much to drive viewers toward them... especially when you also launch them close to Obi-Wan.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                          To me it's really simple here as to the main reason why. It's a new character with zero film connections or appearances under her belt, zero currently aired connections to upcoming films (she will be in The Marvels but that's too far out for general audiences to be aware of) and has no notable named cast members either
                          Admittedly, I haven't watched it because I've heard that it has the vibe of a bigger-budget version of the sorts of movies and limited series that the Disney Channel used to make for tween girls. So I'm happy it exists for them (as it's supposed to be decent) but I had no interest in watching it, any more than the My Little Pony Movie.

Comment

It was definitely pitched at being a lighter fare. Part of the issue as well is there's so much non-MCU superhero content now as well it's too much to expect audiences to keep track if someone like Iron Man doesn't pop up in the trailer

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                              Admittedly, I haven't watched it because I've heard that it has the vibe of a bigger-budget version of the sorts of movies and limited series that the Disney Channel used to make for tween girls. So I'm happy it exists for them (as it's supposed to be decent) but I had no interest in watching it, any more than the My Little Pony Movie.
                              The original 80s Pony movie was really good, don't get hung up on preconceived ideas of how things are. For reference, so was the Care Bears one.
                              Ms Marvel has barely gotten started, with ep3 on Wednesday. I've enjoyed it so far, and some of what it shows has me wondering about things

(like if teenage girls really use instagram in the mosque, and if they would really complain about the state of the women's side).

The principal is annoying, and I can already see a love triangle in ep2.

Comment

Marvel's Feige Teases MCU's "Next Saga" - Dark Horizons
                                With a lot of trailers and information expected shortly for the future of the MCU seeing as how everything post-next months Thor: Love and Thunder has yet to be even glimpsed, Feige has stated that these remaining Phase 4 entries will be showcased soon and the roadmap into Phase 5 as well as the arc for the second MCU Saga will become clearer.

Comment

Working...
                                X