The Marvel Cinematic Multiverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marvel Plans "Silver Surfer" Special? - Dark Horizons
    Disney+ possibly getting a Silver Surfer special before Fantastic Four releases

Comment

Comment

Okay, so (best only to read this if you're caught up with the MCU and have watched that trailer)

It now seems as though Marvel have started to weave in elements that run between the movies and shows in a "you have to have seen both" way, seeing as though a character from Loki showed up there, plus there were elements of She-Hulk.

Comment

Didn't spot the She-Hulk element?

For Kang, apparently this version of the character is the one who will go on to become the MCU's next Thanos replacement. Though Loki set the concept and actor up it's almost certain that the film won't reference Loki or the prior multiverse version of the character. Though, it does somewhat remind me that several shows in I'm still not entirely sold that the Disney+ shows should be part of the MCU - or at least the universe the films take place in

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post

Didn't spot the She-Hulk element?

For Kang, apparently this version of the character is the one who will go on to become the MCU's next Thanos replacement. Though Loki set the concept and actor up it's almost certain that the film won't reference Loki or the prior multiverse version of the character. Though, it does somewhat remind me that several shows in I'm still not entirely sold that the Disney+ shows should be part of the MCU - or at least the universe the films take place in
            I figured She-Hulk involved some characters who are going to become part of the wider franchise, particuarly in the back-half of the series and the end.

Plus, I think for this character in Quantumania,

the Multiverse thing is a big part of who he is. I don't know much about the less central parts of the comics, but from what I understand, the point of this guy is that he was the first person to find a way out of his universe and to meet another version of himself.

Comment

Ah, for me, She-Hulk had the vibe that it mostly aiming the opposite in terms of its characters. That maybe Jen would appear but broadly everyone else was a cameo or likely going to remain tied to the show given the lack of stakes building involvement in the MCU arc the show has.

Yep, I feel like - but might be wrong - that he's also a villain who exists in a terrible form many times over within the multiverse so is a threat that is harder to defeat than Thanos.

I might be mis-remembering but wouldn't this version of him be different than the one in charge of the time agency at the end of Loki season 1 when the 'nice' one is killed and Loki re-emerges to discover time has changed?

Comment

Ah, for me, She-Hulk had the vibe that it mostly aiming the opposite in terms of its characters. That maybe Jen would appear but broadly everyone else was a cameo or likely going to remain tied to the show given the lack of stakes building involvement in the MCU arc the show has.

Yep, I feel like - but might be wrong - that he's also a villain who exists in a terrible form many times over within the multiverse so is a threat that is harder to defeat than Thanos.

I might be mis-remembering but wouldn't this version of him be different than the one in charge of the time agency at the end of Loki season 1 when the 'nice' one is killed and Loki re-emerges to discover time has changed?
                I guess part of the problem now is we're into multiple timelines and universes. He could literally be a war criminal in one timeline and a lauded primary school teacher in another.

Comment

It'll be interesting to see how they build this up compared to Thanos. That paid off for them in spades but Thanos was actually barely in Phase 1-3 overall so this time out it's going to be a very different approach to get to that pay off

Comment

Comment

I know it’s just supposed to be fun but I am not sure about that at all.

Comment

Youtube version

Comment

Youtube version
                          OK, if they get the tone right (and the trailer suggests they have) this could be absolutely fantastic.

Comment

Jackman Talks His "Deadpool 3" Return - Dark Horizons
                            High Jackman has talked about agreeing to return as Wolverine following saying goodbye to the character with Logan. He says that it was early during viewing the first Deadpool when he felt the regret at bowing out and had been torn ever since with Reynolds constantly pushing him on it across the years. It was this August when he finally decided he was back in when Reynolds was backing off the idea, this coming together just in time for the meeting with Feige when the plan for Deadpool 3 was to be set in stone.

Comment

Marvel "VisionQuest" Series, Dr. Doom Rumors - Dark Horizons
                              Marvel is said to be readying work on Vision Quest, the next chapter in the characters arc for Disney+

Writer Kelly Marcel Directing "Venom 3" - Dark Horizons
                              And Kelly Marcel, writer on the first two films, will direct Venom 3

Comment

Jackman Can't Wait For "Deadpool 3" - Dark Horizons
                                Jackman says in Deadpool 3 Wolverine will be angry and take it out physically a lot on Deadpool in the r-rated film

Comment

Working...
                                X