The Marvel Cinematic Multiverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where "Wakanda Forever" Fits In The MCU - Dark Horizons
    Had Boseman still been with us Black Panther: Wakanda Forever would have still been an entry focused on grief with the emphasis instead going on the after effects of 'the blip'.

Very understandable shift and makes sense now as to why so little focus has been placed on that in other MCU projects as Marvel originally likely intended for it to be dealt with here but instead now it seems destined to not be covered directly in the way it should have been.

Comment

Rumor: Tom Holland Multi-"Spider-Man" Deal? - Dark Horizons
      Not confirmed but early reports that Holland has now signed on for Spider-Man Homecoming 4, 5 and 6 as well as 2-3 cameo appearances in other MCU films - likely the Avenger films

Comment

"Deadpool 3" To Revisit X-Men, F4 Films - Dark Horizons
        Rumours are that Deadpool 3 will touch on Loki, the 2000's era Fantastic Four films and the X-Men universe as part of a multiverse spanning storyline that presumably ends with him in the MCU

Comment

Watched Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

I liked it, it feels like a much more confident film than the original and better made too. Whereas the originals Iron Man remake take 12 plot felt a bit of a chore at times this film has its own very explicit narrative and purpose and it does an excellent job in handling it whilst moving other characters forward. It keeps the obvious real life event as the focus without feeling like its exploiting or approaching it insensitively. Biggest issue I would hazard is that it's a fairly long film that only really has three action set pieces to it with none of them being long or memorable so young 'uns might get restless. The only other thing would be - for those willing to delve into spoilers:

The mantle of Black Panther passing to Shuri. A third film would need to address it further as it's probably the one decision that never left me sold on it.

Comment

Nick Fury's Wife Is In Marvel's "Secret Invasion"? - Dark Horizons
            Charlayne Woodard said to be cast in the role of Priscilla Fury

Comment

I saw Wakada Forever last night. I had dodged the trailers for this so went in cold. I must admit I didn’t expect loss and grief to be the main theme for the film. It was certainly well handled. The new Stark wasn’t the strongest part in the film though. The antagonist is a slightly too comic book style character that actually got laughed at in the cinema by a few punters. The new Panther suited that film but will likely have to change in the future.
              Out of the four of us that went to see it was the only one that enjoyed it. The others were expecting another CGI heavy punch fest. Seems like Marvel fans just want more of the same time and time again.

Comment

Yep, the villain was well done as a character but design wise I wasn't a fan. Just didn't make sense at all.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                  Seems like Marvel fans just want more of the same time and time again.
                  Yep. I'm sick of it though, which is why I ended up enjoying She-Hulk I think, even though it was a bit uneventful in the middle part. It was different. Same for Wandavision. I thought the first BP was total garbage so am unlikely to ever watch this one. Glad you liked it though.

Comment

Marvel & Sony's "Silk" Series Set For MGM+ - Dark Horizons
                    Sony will be making a Silk series to air on the MGM+ streaming service and via Amazon Prime. The series will be another extension of Sony's Spider-Man spin-off projects and so canon with their other work and therefore in turn the MCU. Walking Dead's Angela Kang developed the series along with Miller and Lord, the duo who made Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse.

Comment

Why Marvel's "Armor Wars" Became A Film - Dark Horizons
                      Apparently Armor Wars became a film instead of a Disney+ show because the budget for a series would have proven too limiting and as they expanded the story they also felt that its events would have a wider impact on the MCU moving forward making a film a better serving story telling method

Comment

Chris Hemsworth Ready To Finish "Thor" - Dark Horizons
                        Hemsworth says another entry for him might be his last

Comment

If the Fox merger hadn't have happened we could have very well seen another Deadpool movie released, this one a Christmas movie

Comment

Karen Page Absent From New "Daredevil"? - Dark Horizons
                            Deborah Ann Woll says as yet she's not included in MCU's Daredevil: Born Again series

"Guardians" Holiday Special Sets Up "Vol. 3" - Dark Horizons
                            Gunn says that the Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special includes plot for Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 3 to save time

Comment

Yann Demange To Direct Marvel's "Blade" - Dark Horizons
                              The films script is also going to be rewritten

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                                Karen Page Absent From New "Daredevil"? - Dark Horizons
                                Deborah Ann Woll says as yet she's not included in MCU's Daredevil: Born Again series
                                Nooooo!!!
                                Bring back Karen

Comment

Working...
                                X