No announcement yet.

The Marvel Cinematic Multiverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

202 pages...Maybe time to start a new MCU thread?

Comment

In one of the threads there was a discussion about doing less thread restarts, can't remember which one, so I'm thinking of keeping this one like the MCU itself - never ending

Comment

Comment

wow wolverine looks like wolverine minus the mask,

not sure its working on film though that's a lot o yellow and a hard look to translate from comic to film.

Comment

Iger trying to hope people forget this happened under his own watch but he says Marvel diluted it's appeal with too many Disney+ series so expect those to wind down their rate

Comment

It really dose feel like Disney+ is just Marvel and Star Wars with a lot of stuff feeling really spread thin. Over the last few years we've got, Wandavision, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, Loki, She hulk, Ms Marvel, Secret wars, What if, and Moon Knight.

Out of all those shows id only really rate, Loki and Wanda vision, the rest are very disposable. They have done things like made it a prerequisite to have watched certain shows or you don't get whats going on in certain films, Secret wars feel very much like your gonna be lost with whats going on with the newer crop of mainline films if you don't watch this series.

I think this jumble of different mediums is feeding into the super hero fatigue as at present its a mess some marvel films are standalone and some are connected to TV series. You can pretty much watch the last Thor or Spiderman and not really worry to much about the wider marvel universe but Dr Strange nope its linked to Wandavision and you will miss a lot of the main villains motivation if you haven't watched it.
              Last edited by Lebowski; 14-07-2023, 08:23.

Comment

I’ve actually been watching Secret Invasion… and I might just ditch it. It’s not good at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                  I’ve actually been watching Secret Invasion… and I might just ditch it. It’s not good at all.
                  And thats a massive problem as its setting up all the upcoming mainline Marvel Films, like i said above Dr Strange Requires the viewer to have watched Wandavision my Son tried watching it this week and was super confused as to why someone in the avengers was suddenly Evil and was motivated by getting back two kids she didn't have last time he saw her.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                    In one of the threads there was a discussion about doing less thread restarts, can't remember which one, so I'm thinking of keeping this one like the MCU itself - never ending
                    Can't we have a multiverse of threads in which we discuss whatever permutation of the Marvel universe we individually wish for?

Comment

I was out once they said "Skrulls".

That's one of the ongoing elements of Marvel that I just do not give a **** about, and Marvel's never gonna convince me.

Comment

A multiverse of cinematic universe threads might just break this forum

The TV series stuff goes back to discussions we had when they first floated the idea. If you make the series relevant to the films you break the films slow of success because only a small percent of the audience will watch the series. If you keep the stories of the series isolated to protect the films then you render the series as disconnected unessential padding. We're reaching a new set of Avengers films and in the last few years we've been introduced to numerous new characters and if I'm being honest I don't really care about seeing any of them in the next entry of Avengers. Marvel has gone too heavy on new additions, when we had the early Avengers films the excitment largely revolved around crossovers of 3-5 heroes. Now they've added a load of them who will have been lucky to have a single outing (some very shallow ones as well) by the time Avengers 5 hits. Many of them audiences will have never even seen and I'm beginning to think, especially given the box office struggles of late, that The Marvels runs a real risk of falling foul of that very issue. We've actually had very little exposure and development for Carol in the 5-6 years since her single solo film and her second outing involves screen sharing with several other characters. The two newest ones being ones most will wonder who they are and why they're taking centre stage in Carol's film. There's a risk that that film suffers from relying on an audience too disengaged from caring because of how diluted the content is.

It's one of the things I find odd with DC. Their TV stuff has been superior to Marvels for a long time but now they're moving to copy just as Disney questions the approach. I'm usually all in more, more, more content but I'd actually be okay if Marvel called time on Disney+ MCU extensions. I think Disney should start questioning the heavy frequency of Star Wars series too if they want the films to be events again.

Comment

You should get yourself to LA and show those boring layabouts how it’s done.

Once the strike is over, obviously.

Comment

I’ll have a word with them when I’m there next.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                              It's one of the things I find odd with DC. Their TV stuff has been superior to Marvels for a long time but now they're moving to copy just as Disney questions the approach. I'm usually all in more, more, more content but I'd actually be okay if Marvel called time on Disney+ MCU extensions. I think Disney should start questioning the heavy frequency of Star Wars series too if they want the films to be events again.
                              True, but Marvel is questioning it after a period of making billions of dollars.

If DC can get a 5-year run with even a quarter of that, it's probably worth it, regardless of whether it burns out.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                                True, but Marvel is questioning it after a period of making billions of dollars.

If DC can get a 5-year run with even a quarter of that, it's probably worth it, regardless of whether it burns out.
                                I find myself mostly avoiding a lot of the DC shows, i know shows like Arrow, The Flash, and Lucifer have a following and have ran for years across a large number of seasons, but their very much feel like the old guard like melodramas or soaps which focus on real life issues and relationships more than actualy being a super hero. Their certainly not up to the quality of say a show like Loki, or Wand-avision, but then they don't have the budget or all-star cast attached to them. The only two DC shows i have enjoyed recerntly are peacemaker and Gotham, but then even Gotham got a bit ropey the more it went on.

Comment

Working...
                                X