No announcement yet.

The Marvel Cinematic Multiverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I included the upcoming known films that will launch pre-Avengers 5/6 which is why some character seems very loosely connected, but with stuff still yet to release that list seems likely to grow also as each new film and series sets up more and more.

It's interesting as well as to why people latched onto Endgame being an end point they could potentially jump off from. It was a big event but ultimately it was still a one-off villain planning to end the world (arguably less so given he just aimed for 50% of it). Thanos barely exists in the MCU pre-Infinity War, we've already seen more of Kang than we did Thanos and everyone knew Thanos would be defeated like every villain so it's interesting many took it as a 'well, that's it' point when it was so clear more was coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
      I included the upcoming known films that will launch pre-Avengers 5/6 which is why some character seems very loosely connected, but with stuff still yet to release that list seems likely to grow also as each new film and series sets up more and more.

It's interesting as well as to why people latched onto Endgame being an end point they could potentially jump off from. It was a big event but ultimately it was still a one-off villain planning to end the world (arguably less so given he just aimed for 50% of it). Thanos barely exists in the MCU pre-Infinity War, we've already seen more of Kang than we did Thanos and everyone knew Thanos would be defeated like every villain so it's interesting many took it as a 'well, that's it' point when it was so clear more was coming.
      Pretty sure it wasn't so much Thanos, but rather that IF/EG witnessed the end of the story for four characters - the prime incarnation of Loki, Iron Man, Captain America and Black Widow. Also arguably Hulk, as Banner had resolved much of the tension usually present in his character. Plus Ragnarok saw Asgard fall which changed the dynamic of Thor, also.

I think there were plenty of reasons which made it feel "final".

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
        Thor 4 was, and this is a technical term I learned during my media studies course at college, woeful ****e! Christian Bale was absolutely wasted as Gorr.
        I felt this about Gorr, also. I wasn't familiar with the character before the movie, but in a universe where "gods" exist, and they are actual, factual people, real, but often corrupt and decadent - I love the idea of a "villain" who turns apostate, after seeing his people live and fight and die for "god" only to find out he's an uncaring prick, and decides to take it upon himself to rid the universe of "gods". This is a great premise for a morally ambiguous villain, because written well, you'd really struggle to criticise the guy, if what he's seen at the behest of his god is genuine, total human suffering.

I heard the premise before I went into the movie, and I just expected so much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
          Pretty sure it wasn't so much Thanos, but rather that IF/EG witnessed the end of the story for four characters - the prime incarnation of Loki, Iron Man, Captain America and Black Widow. Also arguably Hulk, as Banner had resolved much of the tension usually present in his character. Plus Ragnarok saw Asgard fall which changed the dynamic of Thor, also.

I think there were plenty of reasons which made it feel "final".

True, which probably underlines why the current phases appear ill-served by how widely they've spread the focus on characters. If 4-5 characters died or were wound up in the next Avengers event... would many care?

Comment

Sony Pushes Movie Release Dates Due to SAG-AFTRA, WGA Strikes – Deadline
            Venom 3 has been confirmed to release on 12 July 2024

Madame Web has moved up two days to 14 February 2024

Kraven the Hunter has been delayed from this October all the way back to 30 August 2024
            Last edited by Neon Ignition; 28-07-2023, 21:40.

Comment

Vanessa Kirby Is Fantastic 4's Sue Storm? - Dark Horizons
              Reportedly cast and will be the lead of the film

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                Vanessa Kirby Is Fantastic 4's Sue Storm? - Dark Horizons
                Reportedly cast and will be the lead of the film
                They needed to do something to mix up the formula as the previous 3 movies didn't work, the problem with Fantastic Four films is its a goofy as hell concept which has always struggled to shake of the 60s Campyness of the comics. Having the leader be someone who has stretchy limbs just doesn't convert well to screen, you always end up with him looking silly. Three times now the mixture of Bendy man and his invisible wife/girlfriend, Orange Crunchy Hulk and on fire guy have failed to capture audiences.

How do you even make this look right on screen when even comic book artist impressions of him looks as wrong as the below, like someone who's never seen a human, hearing second hand what they look like and trying to put down that on paper.
                Last edited by Lebowski; 22-08-2023, 11:03.

Comment

I share the opinion that The Fantastic Four is never going to work in movie form.

I just feel it's one of those things which will either be bad, or too different from the source to work.

I would love to be wrong; I mean, I was wrong about Thor. But I guess we'll see.

Comment

Well, I think the Fantastic Four are rubbish and have always been rubbish and will be rubbish again. But I still think Marvel could make a good Fantastic Four movie. They could make it a comedy, closer to Ragnarok in tone, embrace the silliness. But they might even be able to make a decent more serious movie, I don't know. They made Captain America good somehow. And yes, Thor. I don't see the challenge being much greater here, even with the stupid stretchy man.

Comment

I've enjoyed all the fantastic 4 movies I think!

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                        I've enjoyed all the fantastic 4 movies I think!
                        All three of them are utterly woeful. That guy who played The Human Torch in the first two is a terrible actor and will never have a decent career!!!

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                          All three of them are utterly woeful. That guy who played The Human Torch in the first two is a terrible actor and will never have a decent career!!!
                          Yeah, could you imagine?

A decade of "-Chris Evans. No, not that one-"

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                            Yeah, could you imagine?

A decade of "-Chris Evans. No, not that one-"
                            To think he married Billie Piper... No, wait...

Comment

Leterrier On Scrapped "Incredible Hulk 2" Plans - Dark Horizons
                              The Incredible Hulk 2 would have introduced Red Hulk as well as Grey Hulk.

Trailer for I Am Groot: Season 02

Comment

Physical media slow turns in a chair to face the cash strapped frowning face of Disney as it says 'Hello, old friend..."

Loki, Mandalorian and WandaVision finally come to UHD

Comment

Working...
                                X