• Show
Clear All

Marvel's Feige On Those "Avengers" Rumors - Dark Horizons
    Feige says the recent 'news' about discussions for the MCU are false

"Venom 3" Gets Delayed Four Months - Dark Horizons
    Venom 3 has been delayed till 08 November 2023

Comment

Marvel Delays Multiple Films Into 2025 - Dark Horizons
      Multiple release date changes for the MCU clear the tables to create a quiet 2024

26 Jul 2024 - Deadpool 3 (Filming to resume shortly, delayed to adjust for the strikes)
      14 Feb 2025 - Captain America: Brave New World (delayed for extensive reshoots due to bad test screening responses)
      25 Jul 2025 - Thunderbolts (delayed due to strikes)
      07 Nov 2025 - Blade (delayed due to strikes and troubled pre-production)

The MCU will be represented throughout 2024 as Sony still has its three entries scheduled however from Marvel itself Deadpool 3 is now the sole film they will release during the year.

Further updates are expected as these delays will affect other projects such as the two Avengers installments and Fantastic Four. It also largely wipes out Phase Six meaning a remapping is likely.
      Last edited by Neon Ignition; 10-11-2023, 06:37.

Comment

Watched The Marvels yesterday

I've read that it feels like a season finale to a series that never happened. Not really true. It feels like a season finale to the ones we did - WandaVision, Secret Invasion and Ms Marvel. Kamala is good in this, to be honest it's probably the best Carol has been too. Nick Fury is fun as well and the film in general is short, light and an easy watch. The reviews are right that Marvel is still atrocious as making villains and the film itself overall feels very 'there' rather than an even as it should do. There are one or two more full on comedic sequences that land poorly and it also can't land the dramatic moments either - doubling up how mid-tier the whole thing is.

It's essentially a proof of thought - The Disney+ series do not help the MCU at all and also, because it can't resist doing it, the Multiverse is also not helping either. It makes no sense that the Multiverse would show up this frequently and when it does here it's mostly in service of a post-credits sequence that, personally, is a case of doing something the wrong way at the wrong time and so fails to land a moment that should probably have been a big one.

A very 3/5 entry and if they make a third then it really needs to be huge event movie, as it is it feels like Carol's on course to get lost in the MCU noise

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
          "Venom 3" Gets Delayed Four Months - Dark Horizons
          Venom 3 has been delayed till 08 November 2023
          That was Wednesday

Comment

A bit gutted, to be honest. I had made plans to see that last Tuesday.

Comment

Does The Marvels require me to have watched the related series?

Comment

So - You could watch it without doing so. There's no real connection to the storylines of the series, you just have to go along with the new characters suddenly being a thing and the film spending little to no time explaining their backstories beyond a few lines explaining where their powers emerged from.

Comment

Box Office: The Marvels $47M Lowest for MCU – What Went Wrong – Deadline
                  Superhero Fatigue gets dismissed as a reason for the poor performance of The Marvels here with a focus instead going on the notion that a low effort push was one key element to blame, likely because Disney knew it had a misfire on its hands. Also cited is the growth of MCU Disney+ content, over saturating a brand that arguably should have remained cinema only and a misfire that has likely permanently burned the Captain Marvel franchise outside of supporting cameo's.

Comment

"Daredevil" Series On 'Day 0' Says Directors - Dark Horizons
                    The new helmers of Daredevil: Born Again suggest that they're going to need to spend weeks just formulating a plan on how to salvage the production meaning any real progress on resuming filming is a long way away

Comment

Taika Waititi Won't Be Involved In "Thor 5" - Dark Horizons

Sony/Marvel's "Madame Web" Trailer Soon - Dark Horizons
                      Should land by next Friday at the latest

Comment

Comment

For the best, honestly. He's done two. One of them is in my top 3, while the other might be my bottom 1.

Comment

It's still interesting as to how wildly opinion on Ragnarok and Love & Thunder varies. Ragnarok is the better film but both films share similar flaws and senses of humour not being so different from one another. It's quite a small tip over the edge to see the quality drop off but the divide is so wide between the two films.

Comment

Comment

Wow it feels like Ive just seen the entire film in that trailer, and i don't want to see it again in slow motion cheers Sony

This has massive flop written all over it who gave the green light to this. it made me go google Madame web who canonically is a blind cripple who has to stay attached to spider-web-like life-support chair, i wonder why they didn't make a film about that

Comment

Working...
                                X