No announcement yet.

The Marvel Cinematic Multiverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

holy hell that is embarrassing, so many airshots, reacting to hits before they are even made or even not made when DD falls in to the table of guns when echo actor forgot to punch, felt like minimum effort went in to practising the fight, 1 take and wrap it up. Still amazes me the fans left around gobbling this slop up.

Comment

You could argue that as a blind superhero he's gonna miss quite a bit not sure what the other persons excuse is.

Maybe this is how marvel are scaling back by taking their budgets and production values back to the 90s with a that'l do attitude.

Comment

They need to focus on one-offs, sporadically and ideally Multiverse stories. That way we can get properly written alternate stories about characters we care about. They could easily do an Iron Man series without any baggage about the canon, the films or paying Downey Jr's fee but benefit from utilising a popular character. Even during peak MCU I struggle to picture anyone caring less about Echo.
        For all the fuss that's made I'm not sold that Daredevil will be that big of a deal either rather than just seen as more of an already old show that was declining in interest even then, god knows why they greenlit so many episodes of it too.

Comment

How is Sony so bad at handling these things? Character suit art released for Madame Web

Comment

Comment

The Marvel Netflix Series Now In MCU Canon - Dark Horizons
              They were in, then they were out, then they were in, then they were out and now Disney have shaken it all about and the roster of Netflix series are once again officially part of the canon. Tears of sorrow for Agents of Shield, Inhumans etc that remain outside of the canon.

Comment

Pascal Exits "Weapons," "Fantastic 4" Delay? - Dark Horizons
                Filming of Fantastic Four has been delayed till the end of the year putting Marvels 2025 line up on the verge of being almost as thin as its 2024 one.

Comment

Probably a good thing. Feels like all the big brands need a little chill out time.

As for the Netflix shows being canon now, that could well be the case but I'd caution against reading too much into Disney+ listings because the team who curate Disney+, while communicating with Marvel Studios of course, are essentially a different company and ultimately make decisions about what to show where based on what they think will benefit their available content.

Comment

Comment

Austin Abrams Up For Marvel's "Thunderbolts"? - Dark Horizons

Comment

Oh great, another film with a D tier list of superheroes that you have to go find out about on Wikipedia.

I think they should really embrace a Z List, a team so useless that they're not really superheroes at all, a modern day Mystery Men but with actual obscure Marvel superheroes.

Comment

This came up on my Youtube front page and struck a chord with me - I enjoyed GOTG3 though it wasn't my favourite entry or a GOAT superhero film but watching the trailer it reminded me of the difference Gunn's films have over the vast majority of MCU entries.

There's an endless supply of world saving, action filled, quippy adventures but how often have they gone to the effort to actually make you care about the characters? Are there any characters in the MCU currently, out of the huge array both in it and recently introduced, that you have any emotional attachment to?
                          The MCU has now been in play for 16 years, it should be possible for it to have events and moments that can shock audiences or break their hearts just like TV shows can.
                          It's been half a decade since Endgame now, if they did a film where a villain killed 70% of the worlds heroes... would you care?

Comment

Maslany says She-Hulk: Season 2 isn't likely due to how expensive the original run was

Comment

"Daredevil" Overhaul Brings In Continuity - Dark Horizons

Comment

"Madame Web" Director: "It's Standalone" - Dark Horizons
                                Madame Web will open with the text 'Meanwhile, in another Universe" and may not take place within either of the two existing Marvel or Sony universes

Comment

Working...
                                X