• Show
Clear All

Comment

Bullseye To Return In "Daredevil: Born Again" - Dark Horizons
      Episode count will be reduced also

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
        "Madame Web" Director: "It's Standalone" - Dark Horizons
        Madame Web will open with the text 'Meanwhile, in another Universe" and may not take place within either of the two existing Marvel or Sony universes
        Calling it now (though I'm not the first), it's gonna be **** and this is damage control.

Comment

The biggest red flag I can think of is how much they're not leaning into the Spider-Man links that should be the biggest draw

Comment

Marvel, Sony Differ On "Spider-Man 4" Tone? - Dark Horizons
            Marvel and Holland reportedly want Spider-Man: Home 4 to have a more grounded tone to it with rumours being that the villain may end up being Kingpin. However, this is supposed to be conflicting with Sony who want to make a large scale No Way Home successor that is a multiverse story that would see Garfield and Maguire return.

The trouble here is, the former idea seems fresher but the latter makes more sense financially. No Way Home was a mega-hit but that wasn't because of Holland, a grounded sequel is unlikely to hit NWH numbers which is what will have Sony jittered. NWH also capped the other two Spider-Man stories nicely. I would happily take more but I genuinely think if they want to do that outside of a Secret Wars Avengers film then they really should consider making a form of Amazing Spider-Man 3 and Spider-Man 4 to also create some build up storywise. Plus they'd be a damn sight more welcomed than Kraven and Morbius type films.

Comment

Sony are being short-termist. They've gotta know that by releasing dross which muddies the waters, they're figuratively pissing in the pool.

A bad movie about Madame Web isn't just a bad movie; it's drawing a big red line through the Madame Web character and all her associated stories for an entire generation. If anything, the success of No Way Home has taught them the wrong lesson (that do-overs aren't a good thing).

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                "Madame Web" Director: "It's Standalone" - Dark Horizons
                Madame Web will open with the text 'Meanwhile, in another Universe" and may not take place within either of the two existing Marvel or Sony universes
                Originally posted by Asura View Post

Calling it now (though I'm not the first), it's gonna be **** and this is damage control.
                This is hilarious, who's credited with directing this masterpiece Alan Smithee​ by any chance?

Comment

Sony Revives Marvel Film "El Muerto" - Dark Horizons
                  God knows why

Comment

Vaughn: "Deadpool 3" Will Give MCU 'A Jolt' - Dark Horizons
                    He says that from what he knows about the film it will really give the MCU a kick up the backside

Comment

Brolin: Marvel May Bring Back Thanos - Dark Horizons
                      Well, Goonies do never say die!

Comment

Bob Iger has confirmed that the Marvel Cinematic Universe release schedule is to be scaled back with a focus placed on the known stronger IP within it meaning question marks will hang now over a lot of the new characters the last five years have introduced.

Comment

I'm currently half-way through Miss Marvel, which is pretty light and enjoyable with an engaging lead.
                          I watched Thor: Love and Thunder and it was all a bit silly. Seems a waste of a major character and some amazing actors.
                          Perfectly watchable, but probably the least exciting Thor.

So we've got left:
                          She-Hulk
                          Wakanda Forev
                          Ant-Man 3
                          (We saw Guardians 3)
                          Secret Invasion
                          Loki S2
                          Marvels

I gave up on the Netflix shows. I was watching Jessica Jones S1 and it didn't really feel like much was happening, which is a shame as I hear the Daredevil and Punisher shows are great.

I've not got superhero burnout, but these are no longer "must-see" releases at the cinema as you know they'll be streaming at home in about a month.

Comment

Watched The Marvels last night (having not seen Secret Invasion or the Ms. Marvel TV show) and honestly I really liked it!

Not great or anything, but it was a fun romp. I wasn't bored at any point. I also think the way they're handling Ms. Marvel, the whole schtick with her and her hero-worship, was adorable.

Comment

I read comments saying that it should find a nice home on Disney+ and win over quite a few people who were put off by the bad theatre run. I can easily imagine that's true, it's a light and fun enough film, but it highlights the problem with the film too. It's very much got that air of something suited to the service more than the big screen. Hell, it's effectively Ms Marvels season finale
                              Last edited by Neon Ignition; 08-02-2024, 13:12.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                                I'm currently half-way through Miss Marvel, which is pretty light and enjoyable with an engaging lead.
                                I watched Thor: Love and Thunder and it was all a bit silly. Seems a waste of a major character and some amazing actors.
                                Perfectly watchable, but probably the least exciting Thor.

So we've got left:
                                She-Hulk
                                Wakanda Forev
                                Ant-Man 3
                                (We saw Guardians 3)
                                Secret Invasion
                                Loki S2
                                Marvels

I gave up on the Netflix shows. I was watching Jessica Jones S1 and it didn't really feel like much was happening, which is a shame as I hear the Daredevil and Punisher shows are great.

I've not got superhero burnout, but these are no longer "must-see" releases at the cinema as you know they'll be streaming at home in about a month.
                                Jessica Jones S1 is the best Marvel thing to ever appear on screen!

Liked She-Hulk.
                                Wakanda was gash.
                                Ant-Man was good.
                                Secret Invasion was... ok
                                Loki S2 I didn't make it past the first episode it was so awful.
                                Marvels was ok.

Comment

Working...
                                X