No announcement yet.

The Marvel Cinematic Multiverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The recent announcement by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences of the inclusion from early next year of a ‘Most Popular Film’ category at the Oscars is still being widely debated. Amongst the questions raised is the obvious one of how this will influence Oscar campaigns for films, especially mainstream blockbusters, moving forward. […]

Black Panther is gunning for the new Popular Movie Oscar. No surprise but I feel this award is destined to be looked upon as a bit of a joke giveaway.

Comment

Twenty years ago, the Wesley Snipes-led “Blade” effectively kicked off the current superhero movie trend with the first and still underappreciated 1998 film from director Stephen Norrington. That was followed by Guillermo del Toro’s less lore-heavy sequel that some appreciated even more, and David Goyer’s not well received “Blade: Trinity” in 2004. Marvel Studios scored […]

Wesley Snipes says he's had two years of meetings with Marvel and still believes he'll reprise his old role for Blade IV

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
        http://www.darkhorizons.com/snipes-o...ure-at-marvel/

Wesley Snipes says he's had two years of meetings with Marvel and still believes he'll reprise his old role for Blade IV
        Honestly I would love this.

Edit,
        20 years ago Blade came out? WHAT THE ACTUAL F!!!!!! Where’s those 2 decades gone please?
        Last edited by fishbowlhead; 31-08-2018, 12:17.

Comment

... but, do we want an MCU where Blade: Trinity is canon?

Comment

... but, do we want an MCU where Blade: Trinity is canon?
            I want an MCU where only the first one is canon.

Comment

Its a shame Fox doesn't have the rights here (can't believe I just wrote that). I only say that as given that Logan turned out to be pretty good I could see another Blade film handled with that level of maturity and R-ratedness (hopefully). Otherwise I think it'd be far too toned down for the character. Additionally unless Snipes can get back into shape he might have aged out of the role. I guess it depends on how much he really wants to portray the character again on screen.

Comment

Captain Marvel revealed!

Two character call backs from Guardians right away

Comment

Looking good. Ronan was pretty bland in Guardians though. Hope they either do more with him here or he’s just a cameo. The red and blue Marvel outfit looks great. A touch of Avengers Captain America there.

Comment

Is that the girl from Humans in the first photo?

Comment

Yep. I'm hoping they really milk the 90's action movie tone they say they're aiming for

Comment

It'd be good to see wouldn't it? I know I said I'd take a break from superhero films after the next Avengers film but this is out before then so I guess I can allow myself to watch it (Brie Larson's a good actress so I'm sure she'll do fine in the role).

Comment

As part of EW’s cover story regarding the upcoming “Captain Marvel” film this week, Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige spoke with the outlet and confirmed the company is currently developing more female-led Marvel movies and plans to announce their release in the near future. Currently “Ant-Man and the Wasp” is the first film which includes […]

Surprising no-one given the flack they got for ten years and it being the one thing DC beat them to doing, Marvel's Feige has said that the company is planning to go heavy on female led MCU movies in future

Comment

Little is known about the fourth phase of Marvel’s Cinematic Universe, especially in the wake of production on the third “Guardians of the Galaxy” being put on indefinite hold. Once both reshoots on the fourth “Avengers” and main filming on “Spider-Man: Far from Home” wraps later this year, Marvel Studios will have to move forward […]

Very much rumour and one I'm doubting right now but it's been reported that Marvel is moving to start work quickly on a Captain Britain movie

Comment

http://www.darkhorizons.com/ritchie-...-britain-film/

Very much rumour and one I'm doubting right now but it's been reported that Marvel is moving to start work quickly on a Captain Britain movie
                              [MENTION=9465]Brad[/MENTION], that's YOU!

I thought Simon Pegg wanted to play Captain Britain, but it was just an offhand comment taken too far:
                              "I think somebody asked me recently at an interview that had nothing to do with superheroes. What superhero would I'd like to play. And I just sort of said Captain Britain, because I used to get the Hulk Weekly when I was a kid. And Captain Britain debuted in that. And he's a British superhero. I used to read the Knights of Pendragon. And I figured that was a good answer. Suddenly, all these rumors popped up. Oh, Simon Pegg wants to play Captain Britain. I don't really. But you know, I mean, I try to take every job as it comes. I don't have any ambition really to be in anything else, other than what I'm in now. If something comes up and it looks good, of course it'll be fun. I love watching the Marvel films. They're always so well executed. They've done a fantastic job with that sort of extended universe of movies. But I'm happy to be an audience member."

There are rumours of another British actor filling the role...

I really liked the CB comic as a kid, but was probably a smidge to young for it. Some dark scenes and themes in both the main story and the other tales like Abslom Daak: Dalek Killer, The Night Raven and The Free-Fall Warriors.

I finally got to finish reading the story that was in the comic only a couple of years ago and it was a bit bonkers, but I loved the bit where it explained that the suit is more than just a bunch of cloth, it boosts the wearer's ability, but it also has a mental link with Brian Braddock.

Comment

Could get a bit confusing with Captain Britain, Captain America and Captain Marvel.

Comment

Working...
                                X