No announcement yet.

The Marvel Cinematic Multiverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ryan Reynolds has finally confirmed what has been suggested but never made clear by Disney executives all year – that a third “Deadpool” is in the works and this time it’s at Marvel Studios. Appearing on a holiday edition of “Live With Kelly and Ryan,” Reynolds tells Kelly Ripa and Ryan Seacrest that his character […]

Ryan Reynolds confirms that he has started work on Deadpool 3 over at Marvel Studios

Comment

Finally got round to watching Far From Home.

Very nice. I enjoyed the revealio halfway through. The whole thing was full of nods to previous films, and Stark loomed large throughout. It was too paperthin to be a proper study of mourning, but as a handing-the-baton entry it worked just fine. Mid level entry for me.

Comment

With “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” wrapping this year after seven years, ABC will no longer have a Marvel show on air after 2020. So far the Alphabet has had limited success with their Marvel series – “Inhumans” was a disaster, “Most Wanted” never made it out of development, a series John Ridley was developing seems […]

Following the collapse of the Marvel TV era of shows ABC will no longer have a Marvel show on the air once AoS Season 07 ends and so they've confirmed that they have begun talks with Kevin Feige about getting an MCU series onto the network.

Comment

Scott Derrickson is reportedly stepping down as director of “Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness” at Marvel Studios. The studio has issued a statement, confirming his departure is due to ‘creative differences’ with Derrickson remaining onboard as an executive producer. The statement reads: “Marvel Studios and Scott Derrickson have amicably parted ways on Doctor […]

The director of Doctor Strange 2 has bowed out due to 'creative differences'

Comment

That's almost barely news these days except for the fact that he directed the first one and everyone seemed very happy with that. So you could guess that either he wanted to take the sequel in a new direction or Marvel did. And while it probably seems more likely to me that it was Derrickson just because he could feel he earned a few risks, having to establish this multiverse which presumably will be used to set up a whole slew of films could mean that Disney gave him a huge number of things to try to sandwich into this movie. Who knows.

Comment

The other week came word that the first trailer for Marvel and Sony’s “Morbius” film, starring Jared Leto as the titular vampire, had been rated. That indicates the first trailer is set to drop any day now, fitting in with the theory that it will arrive with “Bad Boys for Life” opening this coming Friday. […]

An image from Morbius leaked this weekend which showed that the character appears to fairly faithful to the comic look. A trailer for the film is expected to launch today.

Comment

The trailer for Morbius and just like that the Sony films formally become MCU canon...

Comment

Hmm...if it was anybody other than Jared Leto I'd be more excited.

I'll go see it but can imagine it being "meh" out of 10.

Comment

Trailer does nothing for me but, yeah, the most interesting thing is the very direct MCU tie, something which I have always doubted (I know others didn’t). That definitely has my attention just from the point of view of watching how these movies play out from here.

Edit: related thought is that it makes me wish all the more that Spider-Man 2 had run with more threads from the first film rather than going where it did.

More edits: The poster of Spider-Man in it... am I wrong (could well be) or is that not MCU Spider-Man? It seems to be silvery like one of the older Sony suits. I could be wrong about that.
                    Last edited by Dogg Thang; 13-01-2020, 20:32.

Comment

Second trailer for Black Widow:

Marvel Studios’ “The Falcon and the Winter Soldier” TV series is currently in production and just hit its first major problem. The series was previously scheduled to shoot two weeks in Puerto Rico from Tuesday, but that has now been suspended after the country suffered a 6.4 earthquake last week, followed by a 5.9 earthquake […]

And following the confirmation that WandaVision was complete and launching earlier than planned, speculation arose over the weekend that the Hawkeye series was to be indefinitely placed on hold. That one is still pending but word today is that production has been halted on Falcon and the Winter Soldier due to an earthquake in Puerto Rico.

Comment

A sequel to “Captain Marvel” is officially in the works. Rising screenwriter Megan McDonnell, a staff writer on the upcoming Marvel TV series “WandaVision,” is in final negotiations to pen a script for a follow-up to the 2019 film “Captain Marvel” which starred Brie Larson and Samuel L. Jackson. Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck, who […]

One of the writers of WandaVision has been hired to pen the script for Captain Marvel 2. This comes at the same time as the film loses it's directors, it had previously been lined up to helmed by the same duo as the first film but they have now stepped out and Marvel is due to begin a search for a female director asap. The film is said to targeting one of the 3 remaining 2022 release slots.

Falcon and the Winter Soldier Set photos have been released of Wyatt Russell suited up as U.S. Agent in “The Falcon and The Winter Soldier” TV series – the character seemingly sporting Captain America’s shield which is the same one Steve Rogers presented Sam Wilson with at the end of “Avengers: Endgame”. That suggest rumors […]

Whilst set pics have emerged for Falcon and the Winter Soldier suggesting the plot will also involve the US government repeating history and setting up a new Captain America rather than letting Falcon keep the shield.

Comment

How is venom part of the MCU? It is listed in post 1...

Comment

It's been a convoluted road but basically all Sony made Marvel films are part of what they're calling the Sony's Marvel Universe films. These films are interconnected with each other (and planned to get heavier on that in the future). They're also cannonically part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

So essentially Sony is launching mutliple characters who will eventually meet up and/or face up and then those characters will also interact with Tom Holland's Spider-Man (hence the Far From Home references in the Morbius trailer and Keaton rocking up) but Marvel themselves won't be spending much time syncing their films with Sony's and we're not likely to see Thor team up with Venom. Spider-Man is really the bridge between the two companies films and the window by which they connect. A bit like how Agents of Shield started with Coulson as the main link to the MCU and the show reflected the canon of the MCU but Marvel didn't factor the shows events into planning their own films.

Of course that ended up with AoS being severed from the canon and Marvel TV getting shuttered... but I'm sure the introduction of Sony's films won't end the same
                            There was speculation that now Disney own Fox and have just rebranded the studio as 20th Century Films that they will eventually create a similar set up with them whereby 20th is responsible for producing the MCU X-Men films and manages them in a similar way as Sony with their films but with greater oversight as the Mouse House owns them - keeps Marvels eye on their own stuff though.

Comment

I'd welcome that. X-Men can feel different then. I don't agree that it should be included though as it isn't a Marvel Studios film. Sony owns so many cool characters that their own Marvel Universe is very viable.

Keaton is Vulture in Morbius? Interesting and I was just reading about it. The relationship is still mysterious.
                              Last edited by cutmymilk; 24-01-2020, 08:52.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                                Keaton is Vulture in Morbius? Interesting and I was just reading about it. The relationship is still mysterious.
                                He was Vulture in Spiderman Homecoming, and the trailer looked as though he was still the same guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X