No announcement yet.

The Marvel Cinematic Multiverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There were rumours a few months ago that BP2 would set up Shuri as his replacement which if true makes a lot of sense given Marvel likely knew his condition and the risk of being in this situation. If that's the case then presumably it'll be delayed to bring this in faster

Comment

They would have known of his condition very early on (mostly for production insurance reasons) so I would imagine he was very involved in any discussions on what would happen next. But that's not exactly important. His role in the movies feels quite complete as is and he was a huge asset to the MCU. He made a big difference to the feel of the MCU lineup.

Comment

Black panther managed to make a film with an almost completely black cast and it wasn't even a thing. When I watched it recently I honestly didn't even notice, it's just a good film. That's a big impact and a great legacy for him. It should have kicked open more doors...but Hollywood is Hollywood.

Comment

Its sad to hear the actor's gone but I respect Marvel and its actors for never saying anything about his illness (I imagine they knew but kept it under wraps so as to not cause unnecessary hassle or stress for Boseman).

The other characters from Black Panther can she will return in future Marvel films. I expect there to be a tribute for the actor in one of them soon and I'd be very surprised if they recast the character, if at all.
          Last edited by Paddy; 31-08-2020, 18:39.

Comment

Was flicking through Disney+ and my son pointed at the Black Panther logo and asked what it was.

He's only 5 so won't be watching the film but stuck the trailer on so he could have a look.

Boy was it suddenly dusty in my lounge!! Like crazy dusty. Had to excuse myself and leave the room.
            Last edited by teddymeow; 31-08-2020, 19:49.

Comment

Scream 5 “The Boys” star Jack Quaid has joined the cast of Paramount Pictures’ upcoming fifth “Scream” film which has resumed casting. He joins returnees Courteney Cox and David Arquette along with Melissa Barrera and Jenna Ortega. Matthew Bettinelli-Olpin and Tyler Gillett helm the new film which is slated to begin filming later this year […]

Peyton Reed says that Ant-Man 3 will be much bigger in scale than the first two films and also have a different visual look

Comment

Outside of family, only a small group of insiders was aware of the Marvel star’s battle with cancer, and now studio executives are grieving and figuring out a way forward.

Massively call BS on this report which makes out that Marvel and Kevin Feige only received notification of Chadwick Boseman's medical issues one hour before his death.

Comment

I guess I don't know enough about it but it feels really, really unlikely. Knowing the paperwork and disclosure hoops I've had to jump through in order to get production insurance on tiny productions, I would have thought that huge budget movies would have to know this sort of thing or end up very exposed. But like I say, I just don't know enough about it so maybe it's possible.

Comment

If it's true it would mean that Disney effectively spend millions on A tier actors who do stunt work, months of promotion, prep etc, insure them but do no due diligence on it which seems insane given most of the insurance you'd assume would relate to the impact such things can have on production. That and imagine planning up to a decades worth of films and never thinking about whether any one out of a cast of dozen A listers might get ill.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                      I guess I don't know enough about it but it feels really, really unlikely. Knowing the paperwork and disclosure hoops I've had to jump through in order to get production insurance on tiny productions, I would have thought that huge budget movies would have to know this sort of thing or end up very exposed. But like I say, I just don't know enough about it so maybe it's possible.
                      Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                      If it's true it would mean that Disney effectively spend millions on A tier actors who do stunt work, months of promotion, prep etc, insure them but do no due diligence on it which seems insane given most of the insurance you'd assume would relate to the impact such things can have on production. That and imagine planning up to a decades worth of films and never thinking about whether any one out of a cast of dozen A listers might get ill.
                      It's an odd one, right? Because Neon's totally right; Disney's underwriters will almost certainly require their actors to undertake a medical from time-to-time, seeing as they do some of their own stunts etc. I mean, I had to get a chest x-ray years ago for an overseas teaching job.

But conversely, medical trust being what it is; Disney's people may have just asked the doctor "are there any reasons that he can't do x, y and z" and the doctor may have just said "no". Like, when an actor has a medical, do you ask, for example, if the doctor's reasonably sure they have no unrelated conditions which might be a problem in 5+ years? Can you ask that? Or is that too invasive?

I ask because I genuinely don't know.

Comment

I would be surprised if he didn't tell them. Disney was his employer and he was taking up the mantle of a very important super hero. How far that news spread isn't known, but he must have told someone.

Comment

It would also mean that not once did an appointment, treatment or sick feeling day coincide with the production of any of the films he made in those years also or his promotion of them etc. The first thing they'd do too is get everyone else checked so if they don't it means they totally knew his condition.

Comment

Yeah, the whole thing sounds just really unlikely. Now maybe as Cassius_Smoke suggests, it was only known by a select few - that would make sense and is probably the case. Although from what I understand of Kevin Feige's role, it feels unlikely that he would be one of the people who didn't know. I don't know. Not my business, I guess. Just interesting because of that article.

Comment

Spider-Man spin-off character Silk could be the next Marvel character to get her own TV series. Variety broke the news, reporting that Sony, who controls the rights to the Spider-Man universe, is developing such a live-action series about the Korean-American character and Lauren Moon (“Atypical,” “Good Trouble”) is in talks to write it. In addition, […]

Sony might be looking to make a live action movie based on Silk

Comment

37-year-old Aussie actor Chris Hemsworth has finally opened up about his future at Marvel Studios. “Avengers: Endgame” marks the final appearances of Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark/Iron Man and Chris Evans as Steve Rogers/Captain America. In the latter’s case, the mantle of Captain America being passed to Anthony Mackie’s Sam Wilson/Falcon. Scarlett Johansson’s Natasha […]

Chris Hemsworth plans to stay in the role of Thor long past Thor: Love and Thunder

Comment

Working...
                                X