The Marvel Cinematic Multiverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
    Michael Keaton is coming back as Batman!!
    In a movie I'll never see. We need a proper Batman Beyond movie. Have they announced that yet?

Comment

Nope, and I'm kind of surprised they haven't. The jumping point is right there but instead we're getting this separate trilogy so seems they won't do it as a standalone thing

Comment

Twitter is now full of articles saying that Netflix's Daredevil is also in Spider-Man 3 although I'm struggling to find the source of that info. Good luck making a coherent film out of this one.

I already feel like I did about Civil War - the attempt to make it also an Avengers film meant we never really got a sequel to Winter Soldier and instead got a mix of everything, whether they fit or not. I really liked Homecoming because it was smaller, local, had young characters having fun (and obviously Keaton was superb). Okay, so it also had Iron Man but that was just to get us into it, right? We could then let Spider-Man 2 be its own movie... but we didn't get that. Instead we got more Iron Man and a larger, more typical Marvel film. Which isn't bad but it didn't deliver on what made Homecoming different. I would have liked a Homecoming sequel.

Comment

Famous last words but I will be literally amazed if the Daredevil rumour is true. There seems to be next to nothing to back it up and it would require Disney to authorise the use of the character whilst also further committing to a defunct de-canonised version of the character who's existing content remains and will forever remain hardlocked under Netflix. This bearing in mind following Disney decanonising every Marvel TV show bar Agent Carter. It wouldn't even benefit Sony who has zero stake in the character either. It's a bit like chatter about how Sony might use the film as a launch pad to make a Raimi Spider-Man 4, I think it's just fans going too far down the rabbit hole

Comment

Yep, you could well be right. It doesn’t make a huge amount of sense.

Comment

Comment

Disney is set to majorly ramp up its output in regard to its “Marvel” and “Star Wars” properties for the Disney+ streaming service. Appearing as part of Disney’s four-hour investor day, Walt Disney Company’s Media and Entertainment Distribution Chairman Kareem Daniel says the company will ‘roughly’ launch approximately ten Marvel series, ten Star Wars series […]

As with Star Wars, Disney is working on an additional 10 Marvel series for Disney+

Trailers have been released for Loki:

WandaVision:

Marvel What If?

Ms. Marvel

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
                :

It was Marvel Studios’ turn at the Disney investor conference today and boy did they have a whole bunch of annoucements to make on top of the trailers for the upcoming shows already released. On the film front “Spider-Man: Homecoming” director Jon Watts will helm a new attempt at “Fantastic Four,” this one being a […]

Disney have also announced several movies within the MCU formally. These include:

-The Fantastic Four
                -Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania
                -Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness - 25 March 2022
                -Captain Marvel 2 - 11 November 2022
                -Black Panther II - 08 July 2022

Disney have confirmed that they will not recast the role T'Challa in Black Panther II. Even beyond all of the above announcements there are also another bunch of new MCU based series for Disney+ announced including the Nick Fury leading Secret Invasion series and the War Machine leading Armor Wars. Another is Ironheart, following a new hero who rises with the most advances suit since Iron Man appeared.

Two on-offs are also on the way including I Am Groot which is a series of shorts with Baby Groot and The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special releasing late 2022.

Casting wise Christian Bale is confirmed as Gorr the God Butcher in Thor: Love and Thunder whilst Tim Roth is reprising his The Incredible Hulk role of Abomination in She-Hulk.

Last edited by Neon Ignition; 11-12-2020, 10:04.

Comment

I feel like series and movies should be separated in these, as well as animated offerings. It is hard to work out what is the MCU and what is a crappy animated D+ show.

Comment

I actively dislike the trailers for WandaVision. Loki and Ms Marvel could be fun but I must admit I'm struggling to get excited by any of them.

Comment

I'm going to hate watching a Marvel film and realising I needed to see Ms Marvel episode 4 and Loki Episode 7&8 for it to make sense.

Comment

I agree. Disney have announced so much Marvel and Star Wars stuff at once that it lessens how special they are meant to be. I'm sure people with an abundance of free time are celebrating, though!

Comment

I echo the sentiments here. Watched the trailers for Falcon & the Winter Soldier and Loki and just not feeling them. I'm not a huge TV person and would have preferred films (straight to Disney+) instead of TV shows to support the big releases.

Comment

Here's the rub though, Disney has already said that the series won't be required in order to keep pace with the series. The issue there is it easily makes the series redundant if they're not careful either. Likewise, we're going to see characters like She-Hulk and Ms. Marvel appear in the films without much time spent on context because that's what the series are for. I even found Homecoming's dismissal of Parkers origins annoying and still do even though I've seen two other incarnations origin stories. It does feel like they're making a hard job a thousand times harder but at this point it's mostly plain trust in them.

The two projects I'm perhaps the least enthused by at first glance are:

The Fantastic Four - I'm just going to say it, F4 are rubbish. They're products of their time and I feel zero need at all for anything relating to them especially after the prior two attempts. They're basically Stretch Armstrong, a worse Hulk, pyro from X-Men and invisibility that never really seems to come into much use. On top of this there are two Incredibles films from the same company that pretty much covered the base already and even those I don't consider to be required watching. Due to the need to make it clear this isn't related to Fox's efforts this will presumably also end up stacked with crossover characters as well. Just... nah, pretty much every other Fox reacquired Marvel property is more interesting.

Ms Marvel - Child leads, ugh. I've limited know-how of the character but what little I know is she seems to largely regurgitate Reed Richards powers and is obsessed with superhero's particularly Captain Marvel who (based on current MCU timeline) there's no real reason she would know even exists unless the series is set in the late 2020's. Feels too early to be doing this one and generally just not interesting enough to warrant the focus.

But to be honest, given the scale of projects on the go being indifferent to so few isn't too bad.

Comment

It continues:

Speculation that Willem Dafoe is returning as Green Goblin and Thomas Hayden Church is returning as Sandman in Spider-Man 3. May not be accurate till more sources back it up but if you were Sony...

Comment

That new Spider-Man movie needs to include Italian Spider-Man as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X