No announcement yet.

The Star Wars Cinematic Universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You don’t remember how the first two of those in particular were absolutely slated? I suspect familiarity is playing a big role here.

Comment

I like the title of Episode 1. The Phantom Menace invokes a level of mystery and intent, before everything kicks off in the galaxy. None of the titles have been particularly terrible, although this new one does seem a bit bland.

Comment

The title is just like every other Star Wars title, I don’t get the complaints. Star Wars is such a poisoned chalice creatively, no matter what you do with it, people will moan about everything

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          Unless it was called something like Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. Seriously, what were they thinking naming a movie that?
          Hell of a good movie though!!

Comment

It’s not like Star Wars has a tradition of great titles. If the movie is good, it’s not going to matter much what it’s called.

Unless it was called something like Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. Seriously, what were they thinking naming a movie that?
            I think from memory it’s a nickname for James Bond in Japan. But I might have completely made that up or dreamt it or something.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
              Hell of a good movie though!!
              I’ve never seen it. Heard nothing but really good things.

Comment

I’ve never seen it. Heard nothing but really good things.
                Watch it, watch it, watch it!!!
                Last edited by teddymeow; 13-04-2019, 15:56.

Comment

The Star Wars Anticlimactic Universe.

Comment

Do you know what would be nice? A film along the lines of Force Unleashed, no need for an ensemble... just a simple small cast with some personal stakes for the main character

Comment

I was wondering what the significance of the new film’s title is when I realised that I still don’t quite know what The Last Jedi refers to. Unless it just means the last Jedi before the next one, like as in the last train left a few minutes ago but the next one will be along in a moment. And really, it wasn’t really an Attack of the Clones until the third movie of that trilogy. And did the Sith really get revenge? On who? For what? These titles make no sense!

Edit: while I’m at it, Return of the Jedi implies the return of one particular Jedi or the Jedi as a whole. The whole lot of them didn’t return, not even close. It was just Luke and he never went away. There are fewer Jedi alive at the end of that movie than there are at the start.
                      Last edited by Dogg Thang; 13-04-2019, 19:28.

Comment

Ergo, auto-wins for Empire Strikes Back and Force Awakens as both slightly more accurate to their plot. Rise of Skywalker is an odd one too as they're effectively all dead. Rey isn't supposed to be one unless they retcon it very clumsily meaning there's only one possible Skywalker relative (and they aren't called that) it could refer to but even then this is billed as the very end of the Skywalker saga so it's not a rise and is more Fall of Skywalker.

Comment

Yeah, that’s what got me wondering about it. If they retcon Rey to turn her into a Skywalker, I think that would be pretty awful but then this is a series where one of the good movies made two of the main characters brother and sister out of nowhere so... So I wondered, what if it is Kylo Ren’s redemption because he’s of Skywalker lineage? But I don’t think he should be redeemed but then this is a series which wanted us to buy Vader’s redemption in spite of everything he had done so... But what if it’s like Rey ditches the Jedi stuff, as in the dogma and stupid prequel stuff, and effectively declares herself a follower of Skywalker. Now that might be a possible meaning. Or what if what we see at the end of The Last Jedi, a new generation being inspired by his actions, builds in this one. That could also do it. Or what if he literally comes back to life? We have Force ghosts and it seems like some other character is going to pop up somehow so maybe Luke goes a stage further and rises from his grave like Altered Beast. I wouldn’t like it but it could happen.

I joked on Twitter that really deep down we’re all Skywalker but one reply was way better: maybe the real Skywalkers are the friends we made along the way. I want that to be the last line of the movie.

Comment

Luke Skywalker: No, I'll never turn to the dark side. You've failed your Highness. I'm a Jedi, like my father before me.
                            Emperor Palpatine: How about I offer you a salary increase of an additional £2.63 per hour?

Comment

I was wondering what the significance of the new film’s title is when I realised that I still don’t quite know what The Last Jedi refers to. Unless it just means the last Jedi before the next one, like as in the last train left a few minutes ago but the next one will be along in a moment. And really, it wasn’t really an Attack of the Clones until the third movie of that trilogy. And did the Sith really get revenge? On who? For what? These titles make no sense!

Edit: while I’m at it, Return of the Jedi implies the return of one particular Jedi or the Jedi as a whole. The whole lot of them didn’t return, not even close. It was just Luke and he never went away. There are fewer Jedi alive at the end of that movie than there are at the start.
                              I think ROTJ was originally going to be Revenge of the Jedi but they then felt it implied a negative trait. So they changed it to return. I might be wrong but I do remember something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
                                I think ROTJ was originally going to be Revenge of the Jedi but they then felt it implied a negative trait. So they changed it to return. I might be wrong but I do remember something like that.
                                Yep, you’re right, it was. I had a Revenge patch from back in the day from the Star Wars club that might be worth something now if I had any idea where it was (still have the Jedi novelisation from back then though).

Comment

Working...
                                X