The Star Wars Cinematic Universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
    Vader's costume, which looked like he'd got it from a fancy dress store.
    I love Rogue One but, yeah, this. It wasn't so bad at the end but the earlier scenes were really weird. He seemed short, the costume looked like it didn't fit and he moved so differently that it really showed me that, sometimes, you can't just shove someone else in a suit and expect the same results even when the voice is the same.

Comment

I might have been distracted by Vader's costume if Leia's Pixar face hadn't soon appeared to destroy the illusion straight after

Comment

Disney+ has renewed its animated series “Star Wars: The Bad Batch” for a second season in 2022. The sixteen-episode first season premiered in May and the renewal comes as the first part of the two-part finale of the first season premieres tonight. The series follows the elite and experimental clones of the Bad Batch as […]

Disney has greenlit Star Wars: The Bad Batch Season 02

Comment

The Mandalorian. 5 episodes in. It’s good. Very much like Lone Wolf and Cub. The Ronin with a child in tow, flitting from place to place, finding stuff to sort out, and all linked by an arc.

Comment

You lot, honestly. Rogue One was solid Star Wars, Solo was a solid prequel-prequel.

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
            https://www.darkhorizons.com/star-wa...batch-renewed/
            Disney has greenlit Star Wars: The Bad Batch Season 02
            Good, been enjoying that.

Comment

One of the most anticipated of the various new “Star Wars” TV series in the works is “Star Wars: Ahsoka,” a show that brings back the fan-favorite character Ahsoka Tano following her live-action debut in the second season of “The Mandalorian”. As part of a report on Marvel’s “What If..?” premiere, THR says that sources […]

The Star Wars: Ahsoka series is looking set to bring Sebine Wren into live action also.

Comment

The trailer has been released for Star Wars: Visions

The anthology shorts series launches on Disney+ on 22 September

Comment

Looks good.

Comment

One of the more anticipated scripted productions hitting before year’s end is “The Book of Boba Fett,” the upcoming Disney+ mini-series to be executive produced by Robert Rodriguez. Rodriguez directed the sixth episode of the second season of “The Mandalorian” which saw Temeura Morrison in the role of a post-“Return of the Jedi” Boba Fett. […]

Robert Rodriguez bigs up the upcoming Star Wars: The Book of Boba Fett

I feel like I already know I'm going to dislike this show because I don't care about the character and I already felt like Mandalorian ruined his appeal.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                      https://www.darkhorizons.com/rodrigu...over-delivers/
                      Robert Rodriguez bigs up the upcoming Star Wars: The Book of Boba Fett

I feel like I already know I'm going to dislike this show because I don't care about the character and I already felt like Mandalorian ruined his appeal.
                      I'm really concerned about how Disney seems to have exploded with Star Wars TV projects.

They probably don't see it that way, due to how Clone Wars and Rebels were already big successes, but they're marketed very strongly towards kids. I think the fact that The Mandalorian actually ended up good surprised people, myself included.

Comment

Something just hit me.

Disney have removed the term "Slave I" from all Star Wars media, presumably because of the negative connotations of the brand being associated with slavery.

However, there's a whole arc about slaves in the movies. The pod race in Episode 1 hinges on this. Isn't it a bit strange they would do that when the movies make it clear slavery is "a thing" in the Star Wars universe?

Comment

Yep. And slavery isn't vanishing from the SW universe. This is one of those things where we actually have next to no information on what actually happened here and, to my knowledge, the only notable place so far where the name has been missing is a Lego set. There could be a whole bunch of things happening here but they would be total speculation.

Comment

I suspect, with the case of Slave-1, they're currently re-imagining the whole Fett guys in the Mandalorian as honourable heroes, rather than just scurrilous bounty hunters, as part of expanding their folklore.

Absolutely ridiculous thing to get your knickers in a twist about.

They renamed an imaginary spaceship.

Comment

Yep, that. Only they haven't even renamed it. They just took its name off a new product label. They didn't replace it. I think your reading of it sounds very likely so maybe he will rename it at some point in the new show and that might be a plot point. We don't know yet.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                                Absolutely ridiculous thing to get your knickers in a twist about.
                                Yeah, admittedly I've seen some people absolutely losing their **** over it.

It seems weird, too, because if you're upset about Disney changing the context of Mandalorians, you must be a pretty angry person - the backstory of the Mandalorians has never been consistent. I seem to recall people getting pissed off over how they were represented in Star Wars Galaxies and how that contravened, I dunno, one of the card games or something.

Comment

Working...
                                X