No announcement yet.

The Star Wars Cinematic Universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a running theme of Disney Star Wars, they like to dissect characters and show us how they are made...but in order to dissect something you have to kill it first.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
      since being brought back they've gone out of their way to rip out the mystique from the character which for me kills him in the same way that Vader is less impressive the more we know and is shown behind the helmet.
      Yep. He keeps taking his helmet off in the show too and that seems odd because, even when hanging around Jabba's Palace in RotJ, he never took his helmet off. So there is a bit of a Stallone Judge Dredd thing going on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
        I watched the first episode of Boba Fett last night and I must admit it didn't grab me.
        Episode 3 was dreadful, like a parody of Star Wars and possibly the lamest "car" chase I've seen in film and television in the last three decades.

Should have called the series "The Shell of the former Boba Fett."

Comment

A different Boba crawled out of that pit, just for starters i would not expect him to try help the other prisoner, save his slavers (against a pokemon), then stay around to train in using a wooden stick in sci-fi with laser guns, and to not even bother thinking of revenge on Luke or Han etc,etc. All 3 episodes are terrible, i expected PG violence with this being Disney but not this lame, this poorly directed and written. Seems every episode has a 2 mandated terrible action scenes in it to placate the ADHD generation and the crap story just there to get characters in to position regardless of how stupid is to get them there, while inbetween 'REMEMBER THIS' happens on hanging shots of something or some old character from something else.

This is how i felt about Mando S2 and Disney seem set repeat this formula for drivelling idiots, as it makes them money and setting everything on Tatooine (everything seems to happen on this out of the way dirt hole) must be cheap a chips as you only need to film tents in a desert and they already have the VR sets made.

Comment

Must be watching a different series to me, not as good as Mandalorian but its 10 times better than that dumpster fire of epp 7-9.

Comment

Star Wars at its finest

Or dodgy wheeless Vespa scooters - you decide.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Brilliant 😁

Comment

Mary Elizabeth Winstead has joined the cast of the “Star Wars” live-action series “Ahsoka” Lucasfilm and the Disney+ service. Specifics of her role are under wraps. Rosario Dawson will reprise her role of Jedi Knight survivor and fan-favorite character Ahsoka Tano who made her live-action debut in the second season of “The Mandalorian”. Hayden Christensen […]

Mary Elizabeth Winstead has joined Star Wars: Ahsoka

Comment

It'd be nice if Hayden Christensen gets to show off some acting props in Ahsoka.

I confess, I genuinely hate his performance in the prequels. I find watching his scenes grating, which is a problem as he's onscreen for much of them. However, even at the time, he was apparently cast because he's an exceptionally good stage actor, and it's been suggested over the years (by people who have since seen him in other productions) that he was poorly directed.

Comment

Lucas? Badly directed?

<insert I'm shocked gif>

I don't know if he's in Ahsoka but given he's filmed for another of the shows I imagine Disney would be able to get him easily enough

Comment

The acting from most actors was poor in the prequels and there are a whole bunch of great actors across the movies so, yeah, I'd be very willing to believe that Christensen can do much better than those movies would have us believe. But I feel like, in spite of that, his version of the character was poisoned by those movies. I honestly don't want to see any more of him as Anakin or Vader because it just solidifies his prequel version as that character.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                              The acting from most actors was poor in the prequels and there are a whole bunch of great actors across the movies so, yeah, I'd be very willing to believe that Christensen can do much better than those movies would have us believe. But I feel like, in spite of that, his version of the character was poisoned by those movies. I honestly don't want to see any more of him as Anakin or Vader because it just solidifies his prequel version as that character.
                              Yeah, I mean even Christopher Lee's performance was kinda flat.

The scene where Anakin kills the sand-people could've been a really amazing cinematic moment. Like if they'd done a better job of making him seem naive, incorruptible and generally "good" with just a glimpse of darkness here-and-there, and then when the sand-people thing happens, he just flips and goes on an absolute murder-spree, it could've been an amazing face-heel turn.

But it would've needed a really good, well-directed actor with a very nuanced script, so you could go on that emotional journey with them.

Comment

Nice BD-1 cameo in the latest episode of Boba Fett.

Comment

Working...
                                X