No announcement yet.

The Star Wars Cinematic Universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahsoka is very much a sequel to Rebels, it seems. Guessing fans of that show will love it.

Comment

Part of the trailer for Acolytes has leaked

Confirmed - Technology doesn't really progress within the Star Wars universe

Comment

Peaked at episode 5, dived off a cliff episode 6.

They are now on a self destruct mode, and are making no effort at all.

Comment

Weird comments that epp6 has ruined the whole season, it’s been fine so far, year epp6 wasn’t great, but it showed a different side to the Galaxy that not all the planets are backwaters, or war torn, plus there was pay off for Bo Katan at the end. Solid season overall so far.

Ashoka looks awesome as well, looking forward to that.

Comment

I have a growing nagging feeling that when I catch up to you guys on Mandalorian... I won't be able to tell the quality difference from past seasons

Comment

Not sure if I'm watching a different show to everyone else. The most recent ep wasn't my favourite but I didn't hate it.

Is Ashoka going to adapt a reworked plot of Heir to the Empire? Just the trailer gave that impression.

Comment

We liked the very daft episode 6 quite a bit. I have spoken.

Comment

"Return of the Jedi" Returns To Cinemas - Dark Horizons
                  At the end of April, for four days, Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi will return to cinemas

Comment

"Star Wars: New Jedi Order" Aims For 2025? - Dark Horizons
                    Though no dates were officially given the rumour mill is that the New Jedi Order movie will land in 2025 with the Filoni film that connects all the Mandalorian era series together will land in 2026. Mangold's film would then follow due to other commitments he has but with those underway this makes 2027 seem likely.

The New Jedi Order era Star Wars movie with Rey as the lead (aka Star Wars Episode X) hasn't had it determined yet as to whether Mark Hamill will be asked to return as Force Ghost Luke though Kathleen Kennedy says Luke's impact on Rey will be a feature.

Comment

Thank goodness there will be no need to suffer another episode of The Mandalorian next week. Season 3 has been truly abysmal. Apparently, in the season finale, jetpack fuel is nearly infinite allowing someone to escape a planet into orbit, as opposed to S03E04 where they can barely power through a to shriek-hawk nest.

Little wonder the viewing numbers have significantly dropped for this season. Disney is however going to milk it for another season :/

Comment

Does anyone on the face of the earth want a Rey led movie were she establishes a new jedi order? The sequels just need to be forgotten.
                        How did Star Wars (Star Wars!!) become this ****?

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                          Does anyone on the face of the earth want a Rey led movie
                          Raises hand.

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                          were she establishes a new jedi order?
                          Never mind.

Comment

Can I ask... Why are people hating Mando S3? I just watched the finale and I thought it was fine.

Genuinely asking, because maybe I lack objectivity as I just expect so little from Star Wars now.

The show's action direction has been pretty poor in places, and there have been some scripting issues, but even the lesser episodes from this season have been way better, for me, than stuff like Rise of Skywalker. I think those action direction problems arise partially from how the shows (like the Marvel shows) have nailed looking like movies, but they're not movies and lack their budget, so some stuff is a bit beyond them.

Comment

If you’ve enjoyed it, you’re better off not having people lay out why they don’t like it in case they ruin it for you. Take the win.

Comment

The scripts have been pretty awful, which has made the acting feel strained in places. The story has no consistent pacing or proper arc compared to season 1. Mando is no longer the focus of the series and has become more of a bit part as the show switched to focusing on Bo-Katan. The less said about IG-12, the better.

It feels like a lot less money has been spent on it for season 3 as the production values appear to have plummeted as well, making it seem as if it is just being churned out for memes and merchandise.

I enjoyed Season 1, Season 2 not as much - but this one limps along. If you're enjoying then great, don't let my moaning stop you
                                Last edited by MartyG; 19-04-2023, 22:14.

Comment

Working...
                                X