The Star Wars Cinematic Universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
    Hayden is great as Anakin and doesn’t get enough credit for the role really. He really comes into his own in Revenge of the Sith (whatever the Star Wars Uber freaks will protest).
    I believe he was/is a stage actor, and apparently is very good. Supposedly it's a combination of bad direction/writing on Attack of the Clones, mixed with how he was basically hired for Jumper (probably his most well-known other role) and asked to do the same thing, as he was a bit of a teen heartthrob.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
      It will be amusing it's all because of Anakin or something really Rebels-fan oriented ergo a non-event
      Pretty sure it's because

Thrawn is back, so probably Ezra too, so yeah, all about Rebels really (yes I am aware of Thrawn being in the Expanded Universe books, but who reads books??). I'm glad I managed to finish Rebels when I had Covid.

Comment

My god is Ahsoka boring, set up shots taking an age, slooooooowww pans, filler aplenty, found myself almost nodding off during episode 5.

Was hoping for good things for this series too, but let down again.

Comment

That episode was a bit uneven. I’m not entirely sure what the resolution of the meeting between Anakin and Ahsoka was. The not very subtle Ahsoka the white outfit was a bit much.
          Nice nod to Kagemusha too when she landed in the red sand not to mention the name of the episode.
          Still not as good as Andor. Take note Star Wars producers it’s at it best when there’s less Jedi and Skywalker stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by beecee View Post
            My god is Ahsoka boring, set up shots taking an age, slooooooowww pans, filler aplenty, found myself almost nodding off during episode 5.
            I don't feel that way at all. I love how the show gives things a chance to breathe. It's not at a breakneck pace and I'm fine with that.

Comment

I bloody loved last nights episode peak Star Wars and amazing sci-fi all wrapped up in a lovely package, Great characters and fantastic story telling and wow those light sabre battles where amazing.

mother flipping clone wars and the anakin bits just wow

I cant recommend this show enough it has a great main cast and the supporting cast is excellent too (Baylan Skoll, and Shin Hati are nuanced and excellent antagonists). For me its just gets better and better, i Groaned when i heard this was first announced it felt like we didnt have enough interesting story to investigate but I'm a convert and i was proved wrong, its one of my fave shows at the moment.

It feel some times the star wars spin off shows get a lot of stick they don't deserve, bar book of bobba fet (what the hell where they thinking with those awful 1950s speeder bike gang as a concept it was awful and the special effects just weren't up to scratch)

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                I don't feel that way at all. I love how the show gives things a chance to breathe. It's not at a breakneck pace and I'm fine with that.
                I'm not against slower pacing,and i don't like overly long action pieces, take the latest Indy film for good example of that.

it seems to me they are using it to prolong each scene, and for a show that is only 25/30 min long there is no need for overly slow pacing, and whats with new Jedi abilities being added to suit the plot line ( memory imprint is a new one for me anyway? )

I thought the Clone Wars cartoon was pretty good and especially the final season which was very good star wars, i liked the Rebels series as well, i re watched both in recent months to refresh my memory for Ahsoka.

with a few tweaks it could be so much better, maybe the guy that re-cut the Obiwan series into a 2hr film could do the same with this?

i will watch it, but it will be background TV, while i peruse internet forums on my phone.

Comment

"Star Wars: Lando" Series Becomes A Film - Dark Horizons
                  The Solo spin-off is now being adapted back into being a film

Comment

Originally posted by beecee View Post
                    and whats with new Jedi abilities being added to suit the plot line ( memory imprint is a new one for me anyway? )
                    I got the impression that Jedi have always been able to "imprint" upon places or objects. But in retrospect I'm not sure when I first saw that.

Rey experienced something when she touched Luke's lightsaber? Anything before that?

Comment

I’ve definitely seen that before. Is it an Ahsoka character thing? I feel like I have seen her use it before but I only ever watched bits of Clone Wars and Rebels so I won’t remember the context.

Maybe also worth pointing out that almost all of the Star Wars movies added a new Force ability. Never has it been implied that we’ve seen all it has to offer.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                        Still not as good as Andor. Take note Star Wars producers it’s at it best when there’s less Jedi and Skywalker stuff.
                        I'm finding the opposite, liking Ahsoka more than Andor which I found slow and boring - how many episodes did they drag the prison out for? The story is far quicker-paced here and has more coherent writing compared to The Mandalorian S3, so it seems to me anyway.
                        Last edited by MartyG; 16-09-2023, 07:34.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                          Maybe also worth pointing out that almost all of the Star Wars movies added a new Force ability. Never has it been implied that we’ve seen all it has to offer.
                          Again, it always comes down to whether it's good or bad. To some degree that's subjective. I like Ahsoka and as a result, I don't mind it introducing new concepts provided they widen storytelling. But I also like the idea of Jedi imprinting upon objects; I think that's a cool storytelling device.

Comment

Yeah, that’s totally subjective. At the core, though, there isn’t a problem introducing new Force abilities that we haven’t yet seen. And maybe even difficult to find one that hasn’t existed already somewhere in Star Wars, whether in books or games or whatever.

Comment

It makes sense in the universe; if the force is an energy field created by all living things, that surrounds us and penetrates us, binding the galaxy together, then it follows that energy flows both from and to a Jedi.

Comment

I'm 3 episodes in and this is dire. Titular character is boring as ****. The action sequences are the only half decent parts.

Comment

Working...
                                X