Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disney 2024 Slate Indicates No "Andor" - Dark Horizons​

Comment

Directed by Jon Favreau, and produced by Favreau, Kathleen Kennedy, and Dave Filoni, The Mandalorian & Grogu will go into production in 2024.

Star Wars: Ahsoka Season 02 is in the works and it is now official that a Star Wars movie is in the works as previously rumoured for Mando, currently being referred to under the absolutely awful title The Mandalorian and Grogu

Comment

With the scale and production of the series being so high already, they're going to struggle to make it stand apart from the series.

Comment

Given The Marvels etc of late, to make a film based on a Disney+ series feels like a big swing. I'm honestly already expecting it to come in low, it feels like a Disney Exec led project

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
            it feels like a Disney Exec led project
            This doesn't happen.

Comment

Maybe not, but trying to fill an earlier marked out release slot vacated by delayed and cancelled projects by adapting something intended for TV to fit the big screen and use that slot is exactly the kind of move I'd expect from one, compared to just making the right thing at the right time

Comment

The one person they have faith in right now is Filoni and both of these announcements are, at least in part, his babies. And Favreau has built a lot of goodwill over the years. This is about the people as much as the projects.

Comment

Plenty of crossed fingers at Disney then, feels a little like the relaunch of the DCU to me. Making Mando into a movie feels like a retreat into safer ground because they've failed for so long to get their act together over so many attempts to make a post-Sequel Trilogy film map. Unless it is very much its own thing away from the show I don't think this will be the safe bet they'll be hoping it is.

Comment

I can't see it doing silly money, the hype and quality of the Mando has declined over the course of the series, the low point being the Book of Boba Fett that had a lot of the mando in it.

I bet what will do well is Merch it feels like if you thought the shelves were full of Grogu​ merch now then Disney are gonna to show you what a fully operational licencing department can do!!!,

I wouldn't be surprised to see an enforced costume update for both the mando and Gorugu to sell the same stuff all over again but now with

"NEW HAT"

Comment

"Andor" Season 2 Filming Almost Complete - Dark Horizons

Comment

"Star Wars: The Acolyte" Set For Summer - Dark Horizons

Comment

Jenkins Back On "Rogue Squadron" Film? - Dark Horizons
                          Patti Jenkins has stated that she has signed a new deal to return to work on Star Wars: Rogue Squadron.

Comment

Comment

this ain't your grand-daddy's Star Wars

Comment

May the Force Be With... The British

Comment

Working...
                                X