Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate Zavvi. They didn’t even have the decency to reply to my whinge.

Jealous of those Jackie boxes, TA.

Comment

Dunkirk. Saw it four times in two weeks in the cinema

Comment

My friend is a Fu obsessive and could give Bey Logan a run for his money with his knowledge and isn't 100% happy with this release.

There are 3 releases of Police Story 2: The dubbed UK version; the slightly longer HK version and the longest Japanese release.
        The Japanese version feels like a rough cut with pacing issues and pointlessly longer cuts in nearly every scene. There are problems with the music cues too - the famous playground fight has no music, for example.

The Japanese version seems to be the go-to version now and this new release has only remastered the Japanese version and he much prefers the streamlined cut of the UK version, so he's taken it upon himself to re-edit the HD Japanese version down to the UK length AND re-editing all the music back in! Blimey!

I've 2 minutes left in the download and I can't wait!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          There are 3 releases of Police Story 2: The dubbed UK version; the slightly longer HK version and the longest Japanese release.
          The Japanese version feels like a rough cut with pacing issues and pointlessly longer cuts in nearly every scene. There are problems with the music cues too - the famous playground fight has no music, for example.!
          The only issue I have is the music being cut short in the Park scene. It is there, but it cuts out very early in. But its a wonderful collection with a ton of extra's and all done in a great collectors set

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
          I hate Zavvi. They didn’t even have the decency to reply to my whinge.

I'm finding Zavvi to be better than Amazone these days for prices on BlueRays and also the stock of Arrow films and obscure horror/gore films that I like.

Comment

My friend is a Fu obsessive and could give Bey Logan a run for his money with his knowledge and isn't 100% happy with this release.

The Japanese version feels like a rough cut with pacing issues and pointlessly longer cuts in nearly every scene. There are problems with the music cues too - the famous playground fight has no music, for example.

The Japanese version seems to be the go-to version now and this new release has only remastered the Japanese version and he much prefers the streamlined cut of the UK version, so he's taken it upon himself to re-edit the HD Japanese version down to the UK length AND re-editing all the music back in! Blimey!

I've 2 minutes left in the download and I can't wait!
            Who is this geek? I didn’t realise you had other fu-riends. You hussy.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
              Who is this geek? I didn’t realise you had other fu-riends. You hussy.
              He's the guy who worked with Steven Segal and a few others.
              Don't be jealous. Plenty of me to go around.

Comment

That sounds made up. He’s just trying to get into your pants.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                  Goodbye backdated pay increases and hello some ace films...

[IMG]IMAG1816 by Mega Drive, on Flickr[/IMG]
                  I've got my They Live and The Fog arriving Monday from HMV. I've never seen Candyman but I'm half tempted by an Arrow LE. I might take a chance on it.

Comment

I'm tempted, but don't want to keep double-dipping on these things, especially as there are either only a few extras or less.

The Chan films have lost their commentaries.

I do like the sound of some of the Carpenter extras like the new one on The Fog that talks about his films that were never made.

Comment

Is Howling 2 the one where they run the boob reveal sequence in repeat over the end credits?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                        Is Howling 2 the one where they run the boob reveal sequence in repeat over the end credits?
                        Yep, with the epic music too.

Comment

I'm tempted, but don't want to keep double-dipping on these things, especially as there are either only a few extras or less.

The Chan films have lost their commentaries.

I do like the sound of some of the Carpenter extras like the new one on The Fog that talks about his films that were never made.
                          There are some extras,and the quality of the transfers is ace. But the lack of Bey Logan Commentary is a huge loss but I still got the old versions too

Comment

I've got too many as it is without getting the same films twice.

It's an odd one because I like HD stuff and that Police Story 2 re-edit is lovely and crisp, but I can cope with grainy footage on Fu films because it's what I'm used to!

There's a strange decision to film a lot of it with a soft filter, so there's not much use for HD anyway!

Look, I'm not slagging off these new discs, I'm chuffed they're still championing them, I'm mainly reasoning with myself that's it's good I've not got them!

There's literally nothing new, documentary-wise, is that right?

Comment

Watched a couple I taped from Film4 tonight, Dario Argento's Inferno (1980) and Carnage Park (2016).

Former used to be my joint fave Argento movie alongside Tenebrae but it's twenty five years since I last saw it and it's a bit of a mess, definitely atmospheric but slow and samey and incoherent. Lovely location and use of colour, reds to the max, greens, blues, yellows, amazing music, unsatisfying gore...not as good as I remember it being, which is sad.

Carnage Park starts off decent, like vintage Tarantino. Then piques your interest up early on then just fizzles out really quick, fades to grey, has some great sun-kissed locations then commits the cardinal sin of having the last twenty minutes of the movie set in a pitch-black mine. Only notable thing is one of the tracks sounds exactly like the theme from the original NOTLD, even though this isn't a zombie movie. Anyway, not really worth it, it goes nowhere and the baddie is weeeeak.

Comment

The Change Up
                                Van Wilder and Michael Bluth are buddies since high school who switch bodies when they pee in a magic fountain. Wilder gets to experience married life while Michael learns to enjoy downtime and has the perfect opportunity to go on a date with his assistant Quorra who he's been perving after but must stay faithful, goshdarnit. Typical bottom of the barrel stuff, but we wanted a laugh and got it.

The Truman Show
                                Been on my Netflix list for a while. Decided to watch it Sunday morning. It's funny watching it now when such a concept could become reality quite easily. Jim Carrey in top form.

How To Train Your Dragon
                                Finally! I just put it on right after we finished The Truman Show. Wonderful film with well-deserved praise.

Burnt
                                Wrapped up Sunday night with some fine dining, courtesy of Bradley Cooper who plays a chef trying to achieve not one, not two, but THREE Michelin Men, with lots of smashed plates and over/under-done fish thrown away in this pursuit. I don't really care much for fine dining although I appreciate that it isn't just some guy flicking through dots of strawberry sauce to make nice patterns.

Comment

Working...
                                X