Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can easily imagine the further sequels make it an odd fit, either Freddy needs a host or he doesn't. One bit I liked was the scene when Freddy literally comes through Jesse. Given how low budget the effects in these films can look it's probably the best practical work out of the two films, likely due to the camera work.

Comment

Really enjoyed watching this

Comment

Venom: I actually didn't mind it. It's not going to win any awards but I didn't think it was as **** as the reviews made out. I would have like to have seen a few more scenes of the Eddie and Venom relationship just to add some more weight. It's not a great bad guy either.
        Plus the last 'turd in the wind' scene is definitely the worst part of the film.
        7/10 (but only just)

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
          Plus the last 'turd in the wind' scene is definitely the worst part of the film.
          I’m intrigued. Please spoil this for me.

Comment

I've just seen one of the biggest piles of crap I've ever seen, "The Anomaly", an utterly stupid sci-fi vanity project starring and directed by Noel Clarke, it's just...preposterously awful! Almost in an admirable way, it's such a strange trainwreck of a film and literally the fight scenes look like the slapstick scraps in The Muppets (serious), plus he's trying to channel Bruce Lee facial expressions all the while.

It's RIDICULOUS!!!!

Brian Cox filmed about two minutes of footage from a carbonite chamber, they slice it up finely to make it look like he's in it more.

I bet he got a hundred grand for that afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
              I’m intrigued. Please spoil this for me.
              I'm pretty sure this is in one of the trailers. Look it up. It's a completely pointless scene thrown in at the end of the film.

Comment

Ive seen it but still have no idea what you mean!

Comment

Fantastic Beasts 2

Not as good as the first. Nothing of importance really happened.

Comment

Daddy's Home 2 just became my Christmas movie of 2018. Total tosh of course, but funny enough and with a decent message about family.

Comment

The Christmas Chronicles on Netflix. Hilarious. Must watch if you have kids

Comment

The Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors
                        This one is such an odd entry. On one hand it felt better made than the first two entries but on the other hand the whole 'dream warriors' concept is just awful. There's a nice touch in having Nancy return but because she's more a supporting role used to shortcut the story. At this point I'm somewhat puzzled as to why the franchise has such a fixation on Nancy's old house, it doesn't make that much sense at this point as to why Freddy would be that tied to it. But, that aside, the vein walking sequence remains crude but effective and if it weren't for how bad the dream warriors elements are this would be the best one probably. Plus - Lawrence Fishburne!

Comment

Or Larry Fishburne, as he's called in the credits. Dream Warriors was the perfect film for teenagers. It doesn't quite hold up the same way as an adult.

Comment

It's amazing how enduring Freddy is considering the lack of tension or real horror the series has. This is only the third entry and Freddy is evaded by Patricia Arquette pulling a James Cagney by wall flipping over his head

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                              Fantastic Beasts 2

Not as good as the first. Nothing of importance really happened.
                              Saw this yesterday and 100% agree.
                              Me and the missus were having a right ole discussion about it, it actually pissed me off just how much they tried to fit the whole Potter-verse into it instead of being its own beast. After I came out the cinema I was like, what actually happened in that film? It was like a compilation of moments leading to a “surprise”

When they went from NY and I heard this new film was to be set in Paris, genuinely got excited at the thought of all the beautiful Paris sets they could do, we had one cityscene which was the circus and after that I think we spent the rest of the film indoors.

Really enjoyed the first film as well, I’ve seen a lot of people hate on this and thought they may have just been unreasonable, boy was I wrong.

Edit - It seems I’m still annoyed by this film!
                              Last edited by Family Fry; 27-11-2018, 08:29.

Comment

The Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master
                                This entry was... well, like a dialled up version the third film. It's interesting how they go all in on wacky stuff to try and maintain a canon for why Freddy is able to keep returning but once again the whole Dream Warriors/Master elements are just awful to the core. This one also takes the standard of acting in the cast to a new low as well which makes me feel somewhat anxious for the fifth film. This one bows to pop culture in several ways too, it seems to have a really out of place pop music soundtrack that sits poorly with the film and then there's a clear Karate Kid influence as well. Though the dreams concepts means it technically makes sense, the whole cockroach death sequence was just... what did I just watch?! Worst entry of the four.

Comment

Working...
                                X