This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
    I've just seen one of the biggest piles of crap I've ever seen, "The Anomaly", an utterly stupid sci-fi vanity project starring and directed by Noel Clarke, it's just...preposterously awful! Almost in an admirable way, it's such a strange trainwreck of a film and literally the fight scenes look like the slapstick scraps in The Muppets (serious), plus he's trying to channel Bruce Lee facial expressions all the while.

It's RIDICULOUS!!!!

Brian Cox filmed about two minutes of footage from a carbonite chamber, they slice it up finely to make it look like he's in it more.

I bet he got a hundred grand for that afternoon.
    Is that the film with Alexis Tipton and Ian Sommerhalder in? If so, yes the film has some awful unnecessary slow-mo bits during the fighting. About the only redeeming part of the film is the main female lead is pretty hot so I give it half a point for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
      Saw this yesterday and 100% agree.
      Also, the first one felt like it was set in the late 20's but this one could've been set nowadays really(especially Depp's haircut. WTF). It didn't feel like a period piece at all. And Lita spent most of the film in her nightgown.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        Is that the film with Alexis Tipton and Ian Sommerhalder in? If so, yes the film has some awful unnecessary slow-mo bits during the fighting. About the only redeeming part of the film is the main female lead is pretty hot so I give it half a point for that.
        Yup, that's the one. It beggars belief in quite a staggering way so I'll at least give it that. So many layers of bad, like an onion made of sh1te.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
          Worst entry of the four.
          They only get worse, believe me. Kudos for working through them, its a real slog. Is number 4 the one with the kid who draws?
          Number 5, I think, actually starts quite well with an OK idea for a plot...for about 10 minutes...

Comment

Yep, number 5 is pretty terrible and 6 is one of the worst films ever made. New Nightmare turns things around though.

Comment

4's the one with the big haired friend who works out and the whole souls concept, I think Freddy eats a meatball at one point that has one of his victims faces on it at some point

One thing that stood out, nudity. Across all four films there have only been two scenes where nudity occurred. The first is in the third film with a blonde woman draping herself over the id who can't talk in bed, the second is in the fourth film where another blonde woman appears (in a pretty well done shot) submerged in water inside the same kids water bed mattress. The fact it happens just these two times and to the same character in similar ways properly makes you wonder if it was in his contract

Comment

At this point, I thought the main attraction for Freddy fans was just seeing the inventive way he dispatches the horny teens.

They could just show a montage of kills like a Mortal Kombat Fatality compilation and that would make most viewers happy.
                None of this "plot" malarkey.

Comment

The Night They Saved Christmas.

Again.

It’s a strange TV movie with an odd premise. Basically, drillers threaten to unknowingly blow up Santa’s workshop. A concerned elf alerts the family of one of the workers to try and prevent it.

It sounds gash, and in many ways it is. However, the team behind it has serious props. It’s directed by Jackie Cooper. The little elf is played by Paul Williams, with mutton chops and blusher. I didn’t know who he was, so looked him up. He has an astonishing resumé in songwriting and stage, so I can’t work out why he’d be in this.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                    The Night They Saved Christmas.

Again.

It’s a strange TV movie with an odd premise. Basically, drillers threaten to unknowingly blow up Santa’s workshop. A concerned elf alerts the family of one of the workers to try and prevent it.

It sounds gash, and in many ways it is. However, the team behind it has serious props. It’s directed by Jackie Cooper. The little elf is played by Paul Williams, with mutton chops and blusher. I didn’t know who he was, so looked him up. He has an astonishing resumé in songwriting and stage, so I can’t work out why he’d be in this.
                    Lil Enos Burdett!!

Comment

Bohemian Rhapsody

Saw this in imax over the weekend and loved it. I don’t know Queen’s story so I’ve no idea who accurate this is(I’ll probably google for differences at some point), and I hadn’t even heard Bohemian Rhapsody in its entirety until last week when I got the soundtrack to prepare but now their songs are going round and round in my head.

Anyway, it was quite the spectacle. And the Live Aid re-enactment was sublime.

They’re doing special evening showings where people are allowed to sing/cosplay/wave light sticks/etc and I’m going to try one of those next week. Should be fun!

Comment

I saw Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2 last night.

My son planned on seeing this with his nan, but both me and my wife also wanted to see it.
                        We got nannny over to have tea together and babysit his sister and we told him there's pudding, but we have to go out to get it.
                        On the way to the cinema (he's still oblivious) he says "I always think of the cinema when we go this way. I can't wait to see Wreck-It Ralph 2 this week!"

I told him it's called "Ralph Breaks The Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2", no the other way around but he didn't believe me, so under the pretence we were getting pudding from a nearby restaurant, I took him into the cinema to show him the name.
                        He asked if we could see it, I agreed and produced the tickets I'd printed earlier.
                        He was buzzing with joy and it was lovely to see

As for the film, I love the original, so it's got a lot to live up to.
                        It's not as good as the first, but it's still got a lot of charm and some serious laughs.
                        The first part felt a lot like the first, which was the point because Venelope starts to get wanderlust.
                        A series of events leads to Ralph and Venelope heading out to the internet to save her game.

I wasn't so sure of this bit and I share the same concerns others did at the trailer where there's loads of brands plastered everywhere.
                        There's a great car chase that's almost as good as the Ready Player One showpiece.

However, it's when they enter the Disney website that the film really peaks.
                        I won't say too much (although it might have been in the trailer, which I avoided), but I was really laughing at it.

The plot is kinda resolved, not long after that, but felt like they inserted an unnecessary rift that stretched it out a bit more.
                        The resolution was pretty emotional, though.

The reason why the first film worked was that it wasn't just Ralph's story, it was Venelope's, Felixl, Calhoun's and several other's too.
                        This feels like a lot of characters revolving around the main couple.

If that sounds like I didn't enjoy it, I'm sorry, because it was a real blast and one of the funniest films I've seen this year with some great jokes and really clever meta ones too.

"Eeee booooy-ah!"

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                          Bohemian Rhapsody
                          I've not seen it at the cinema, but I've got a bootleg copy that somebody filmed in a screening and the quality is awful.

All I could see was a little silhouette of a man...

Comment

I get that joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                              I get that joke.

Comment

I, Tonya - I not only missed this at the cinema, I missed the whole 'incident' when it happened way back when. So I finally caught it on Amazon Prime Video and it's class. Very well made film and thoroughly entertaining throughout. Brilliant performance from Margot Robbie too.

Comment

Working...
                                X