Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inbetweeners 2 - Nowhere as good as the first.

Saw - Not my usual cup of tea but clever.

Deadpool 2 - better at the cinema.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
      Inbetweeners 2 - Nowhere as good as the first.

Saw - Not my usual cup of tea but clever.

Deadpool 2 - better at the cinema.
      I really like the first saw movie; the second isn’t too bad either, but it goes a bit downhill from there...

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
        Saw.

Comment

Saw Aquaman a second time (this one in 3D in very comfortable reclining seats) as a friend hasn't seen it yet and we thought we'd give it another go around. It stands up to repeat viewing and I realise James Wan crammed a lot into this film (perhaps too much). Its a very entertaining film though and I'll probably go see the inevitable sequel tbh. It at least shows that DC can make a comic book/hero film that doesn't have to wallow in dark and dreary tones throughout.

Comment

Just seen the Spiderverse movie. Wow! Just. Wow!

6 celluloid outings for Spider man and this one totally nails the whole thing. Can't wait to see it again!

Comment

Spiderverse with my kids just now. Very trippy. Would definitely watch again. Especially enjoyed the meta cartoon (pig) joke. Music rocked. Surprised there hasn't been more buzz in real life

Comment

Bohemian Rhapsody, aside from one or two language inaccuracies and of course getting the planes wrong it's a terrific film, me and the wife loved it.

We are now both waiting for the Blu-ray to come out.

As an aside she saw Queen on the last night of their last Japanese tour (Osaka) before Freddie died.

Comment

Just watched Resident Evil The Final Chapter. It’s really bad. I have no issue with these films being stupid but the pacing and editing is so bad. A poor effort.

Comment

We watched the Greatest Showman last week. Great pop video, terrible film.

Peter Rabbit fell flat on me. It was a bit dull but shouldn't have been.

Worst film for me last year was Wonder Woman. What an absolute load of stinky bollocks that was. It still makes me angry just thinking how i wasted part of my life on that.

Shape of Water was good though. Great director so was to be expected. And A Star is Born was good despite the songs which weren't my cup of tea. Bohemian Rhapsody was great despite being a weak film.

Comment

Didn't cry watching It's a Beautiful Life this Christmas. Well maybe a few tears at the beginning

Comment

Originally posted by Anpanman View Post
                        Bohemian Rhapsody, aside from one or two language inaccuracies and of course getting the planes wrong it's a terrific film, me and the wife loved it.

We are now both waiting for the Blu-ray to come out.

As an aside she saw Queen on the last night of their last Japanese tour (Osaka) before Freddie died.
                        The bluray will have the Wembley concert in full. They redid quite a few songs apparently.

Comment

The wife and I went to see a brilliant play as a Christmas treat, called "The Crimes of the Christmas Pudding", which was a Poirot-style murder mystery but all the characters were performed by four actors.

We were in hysterics throughout as they played all the different parts and played about with the Fourth Wall.

We're going to see their next show, "Crimes on the Nile"

It's well worth seeing!

All this put us in a murder-mystery mood, so we watched The ABC Murders, which was really good. I struggled to see Malkovich as Poirot, but I liked the change of his backstory. I thought it gave him a bit more depth.

I can't believe people sent the writer abusive Tweets for changing it. You'll always have David Suchet's lovely portrayal for something a bit more whimsical.

We then watched the RDJr "Sherlock Holmes". I couldn't remember much about it, so it was fun to watch again. Nice chemistry with Holmes and Watson and a curious conundrum to untangle. (Netflix)

We then moved onto the sequel, Game of Secrets, which I remembered even less about! We're about halfway through and will finish it tonight. It's even funnier than the first film. (Prime)

I'm aware this post has content for various threads, but it all ties together and posting on my phone is a faff!
                          Last edited by QualityChimp; 03-01-2019, 07:30.

Comment

Originally posted by AlanM View Post
                            The bluray will have the Wembley concert in full. They redid quite a few songs apparently.
                            Really? Thanks for that, just made my day.

Comment

Originally posted by Anpanman View Post
                              Really? Thanks for that, just made my day.
                              The full 22 minute recreation will be included.

Comment

Originally posted by AlanM View Post
                                Great news!

I watched the Wembley one afterwards and was hoping the film version had just been cut down.

Comment

Working...
                                X