Stranger Things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asura View Post
    I'm really hoping that's not the case. I always liked The Mindflayer as this massive, unfathomably ancient cosmic horror.
    You see Henry come across the Mind Flayer its a being that was there before him like the demigorgons its a shadowy black cloud being in the sky, he draws it down and gives it a spider like form and uses his power to join with it you see him reaching up his hand and he describes joining it and finding a purpose. it's a hive like mid that controls everything in the upside down and when Vecna joins the Mind Flayer, he is able to control the Demidogs the Demi bats and the Demigorgons ect.

It's why the three pronged attack was needed, removing the demigorgons from russia, attacking his body and attacking his mind all had an effect on making him weaker and distracting him.
    Last edited by Lebowski; 04-07-2022, 12:29.

Comment

I caned the final couple of episodes because I felt held hostage to watch it before everyone spoils it.
      I still managed to fail, knowing the fate of one character. Argh.

However, I really enjoyed it.
      Unlike Neon "meh" Ignition, I thought the 3-pronged attack was a brilliant way to spread out the characters so they're not making some redundant.

However, I've got to talk about:

Eddie Munson. That Master of Puppets section was EPIC. I rewound and watched it again. I watched a third time last night!
      I love how MoP is climbing the charts just like "Running Up That Hill" is.
      Bonus facts, Joseph Quinn can actually play the guitar! He played the majority of the song after being asked to learn it by the Duffers. The remaining bits were played by Tye Trujillo, the son of Metallica bassist, Robert Trujillo!
      He had a double for some sections to make it look more realistic.
      A guy called Aidan Fisher - here he is playing with Steel Panther at 11!

As for Eddie's character, I thought he had a beautiful story arc and actually was one of the most compassionate characters in the show. I know they were all saving the world and whatnot, but every other character felt like they were also working on their love lives at the same time! He was the only one still thinking of Chrissy long after everyone else. He made Justin and all the Hellfire Club members felt a part of something, not apart from everyone else. He took time to talk to Chrissy as a person.

The most cutting thing is that he died a hero, sacrificing himself to buy more time for everyone, but the town still thinks he's a mass-murderer, with no way to prove he wasn't.
      Yeah, it was nice and emotional when the gang got back together at the cabin, but the most emotional punch was Justin speaking to Eddie's dad and saying he was a hero. None of the core characters were saying how they made it after Eddie bought them more time. Eddie joins the ranks of unappreciated sacrifices alongside Barb and Bob.

Comment

didnt it end with Siouxsie and the banshees 'spellbound'

felt the way 'kate bushes' song was used was absolutely brilliant, but spellbound deserves to get to No1

Comment

I've just been reminded of the awkward plot point of 008 from Season 02... they're totally not going to close that strand are they?

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
            I've just been reminded of the awkward plot point of 008 from Season 02... they're totally not going to close that strand are they?
            What do you mean?

Also, this is a bit weird but seems to be a real thing:

Comment

Weird repacks of two old figure lines that they cant get rid of, those season 3 stranger things figures showed up in home bargains and other discount shops, surely anyone that wanted them would have them allready.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                What do you mean?

The city episode in Season 02 is when Eleven meets Eight, there's effectively another kid out there who wasn't referred to in S4's scenes and she has entirely different powers to all of the rest of the kids who shared weaker versions of Eleven. She was originally supposed to join the main cast as a regular but the episode landed so hard they steered away but she's effectively the loosest strand left at the moment unless they will backdoor that for the spin-off

Comment

The city episode in Season 02 is when Eleven meets Eight, there's effectively another kid out there who wasn't referred to in S4's scenes and she has entirely different powers to all of the rest of the kids who shared weaker versions of Eleven. She was originally supposed to join the main cast as a regular but the episode landed so hard they steered away but she's effectively the loosest strand left at the moment unless they will backdoor that for the spin-off
                  I had forgotten all about that. Yeah, maybe that’s the spin-off.

Comment

It makes no sense now either as the only two kids that where left from these experiments where 11 and 01 Eight should of been killed off when 01 went on the rampage. Hopefully Eight/Poochie will be revealed to be an alien from another planet and says "I has to leave now" in a five second clip that wraps up her story.

Comment

Spoiler if you've not seen the final episode:

Comment

Security scolded 'Stranger Things' star Joseph Quinn for spending too much time with fans in London. The next day, one fan moved the actor to tears.

Actor Joseph Quinn who played Eddie in the show was at London Comic-Con last weekend where he was 'scolded' and yelled at by security for spending too much time meeting with fans

Here's one for giving you the feels:

Comment

"Stranger Things" Gets An Animated Series - Dark Horizons
                          Netflix has greenlit a full season order for an animated Stranger Things spin-off said to be in the vein of Saturday morning cartoons of the 80's

Comment

Linda Hamilton Joins "Stranger Things" S5 - Dark Horizons
                            Sarah Connor joins the final season

Comment

[MENTION=16665]Blobcat[/MENTION] had a great theory for this...

That she's Nancy, from the future.

Comment

"Stranger Things" S5 Plans To Go Even Bigger - Dark Horizons
                                Whilst the fourth series had episodes running up to 90 minutes in length, Stranger Things 5 will be even longer running

Comment

Working...
                                X