Comment

"Shōgun" Heads For Two-Season Renewal - Dark Horizons

Comment

Comment

"Walker" Cancelled At The CW - Dark Horizons

Comment

"Dexter" Prequel Series Sets Main Cast - Dark Horizons

Comment

Hmm, more Dexter is always welcome (I enjoyed New Blood) but prequels are generally hard to get excited about.

Comment

"Munsters," "Car Wash" Get Series Reboots - Dark Horizons
                Munsters will be a horror based show set as part of the monsters universe.

Comment

Comment

Netflix are real dicks at the moment.
                    I get the clamping down on sharing, but the added adverts and lower resolution are anti-consumer IMHO.

Here's a couple of new ones:
                    Netflix CEO Says Watching ‘Lawrence of Arabia' on Your Phone is Just as Good
                    "Netflix co-CEO Ted Sarandos has given this unhinged interview to the New York Times, it’s hard to really grasp some of the absurdities that he says here.

Firstly, he makes the claim that “Barbie” and “Oppenheimer” would have been just as big, culturally-speaking, if they had been released on Netflix. He gives as an example his son watching “Lawrence of Arabia” on his phone as the reason why theatrical and streaming is all in the same level:

"There's no reason to believe that the movie itself is better in any size of screen for all people," he told NYT. "My son's an editor, he watched 'Lawrence of Arabia' on his phone.""

Comment

The argument that films at the cinema vs home are no different has always been a weak one. There's a reason why cinema has lasted decades beyond it's many projected deaths. I get why Netflix would make the argument as the opposite view in their eyes diminishes their own films as they don't want the 'direct to DVD' stigma but facts are facts, Netflix is never going to negate the big screen and undermines its own films thanks to its aversion to engaging with cinema.

Comment

Watching a film on a phone is f*ing lame. YouTube is bad enough.
                        I have a 100inch projection at home with a 7.1 sound system which I love using to watch movies but even that isn't going to stop me visiting the cinema to watch a blockbuster on the true big screen with Dolby Atmos audio.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                          The argument that films at the cinema vs home are no different has always been a weak one. There's a reason why cinema has lasted decades beyond it's many projected deaths. I get why Netflix would make the argument as the opposite view in their eyes diminishes their own films as they don't want the 'direct to DVD' stigma but facts are facts, Netflix is never going to negate the big screen and undermines its own films thanks to its aversion to engaging with cinema.
                          What's also crazy is that it rules them out of what previously have been lucrative revenue streams. The subs model makes it too hard to quantify the value of a show or movie they make. Now the ad revenue, that's a different story. But with more content split across so many streamers, the hikes in subscription prices coupled with ads makes the future of streaming far less attractive.

Comment

Working...
                          X