No announcement yet.

Cobra Kai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The next season of “Cobra Kai” looks to be releasing a few months earlier than expected. Netflix has released an announcement teaser confirming the “Karate Kid” sequel series will return for the fifth run on September 9th – just nine months after the fourth season launched. The teaser shows the results of last season’s All-Valley […]

It's arriving early

Cobra Kai: Season 05 will launch on 09 September 2022

Comment

Looks superb! More of the same and I'll happily take that. September is earlier than I expected so that's good news.

Comment

I’m so down for more, been a consistently entertaining program.

Comment

Photo's from Season 05 - warning, there's a spoiler in the link

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post

Photo's from Season 05 - warning, there's a spoiler in the link
            Oh great, I was wondering if/when that would happen.

I assume the show is still not referencing The Next Karate Kidwhich, honestly, is a wise decision.

Comment

I'm ready for the show to wrap up but if they stick to making more and more seasons like they seem to be leaning to I feel like TNKK is inevitable

Comment

Just watched episode 8 of season 5. Two more left.

Hands down the most entertaining show on tv.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                  Hands down the most entertaining show on tv.
                  Yeah; at least for me, it's really up there.

It's totally free of pretension. Silly in the right ways. The cast look like they're having a great time.

(last episode spoiler)

"Penis breath? You? Why would you betray us?"
                  "WHY DO YOU THINK?!"

Comment

It’s like a modern day A team. Brilliant. Utter nonsense. Budget so small that in a scene at the end of the last episode I watched we saw a car coming round a bend, cut to conversation inside the car then back outside and the car was going round that same bend but in the opposite direction. No need to even move the camera!

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                      It’s like a modern day A team. Brilliant. Utter nonsense. Budget so small that in a scene at the end of the last episode I watched we saw a car coming round a bend, cut to conversation inside the car then back outside and the car was going round that same bend but in the opposite direction. No need to even move the camera!
                      Yeah, totally this.

There are sometimes scenes where the characters are at a restaurant, and in the same episode they go to a bar and I swear they're the same place, rearranged a bit with different lighting and shot from a different angle.

It started life as a YouTube production and I think it occupies this weird in-between-space of proper media product and student project, and frankly I think it succeeds.

Comment

I have wondered at some points if the budget has been cut back on these Netflix season more than it already was during the Youtube era. I've enjoyed Season 05, we have just the finale left to watch tonight and the overall arc going into S6 and 7 seems fairly obvious at this point. I've liked how a line has been drawn under a few plotlines but I'd be lying if I didn't say that the teen drama aspect is getting a bit stretched now, the flip flopping of the kids between dojo's is predictable and I'd like to see them commit to the consequences of one of them not having a moral dilemma and being sent down the wrong path entirely by Cobra Kai.

Comment

Finished the show last night, the final with Daniel was well done and the whole thing worked really well as a finale for the show in total. The wise move would be that this would be the finale but the routes to wriggle out for additional seasons are pretty obvious too

Comment

^ This man is not badass.

Comment

The totally made it that way in case the infamous Netflix axe comes down on them
                              Every plot arc wrapped up! lol

Comment

"Cobra Kai" S6 Could Face A Delay - Dark Horizons
                                Cobra Kai: Season 06 will likely take a little longer to arrive

Comment

Working...
                                X