The Star Trek Cinematic Universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Star Trek: Picard" S3 Unveils Titan Theme - Dark Horizons
    A snippet of the theme for the USS Titan has been revealed ahead of Star Trek: Picard Season 03

Comment

Stewart Open To A Fourth "Picard" Season - Dark Horizons
      Despite the marketing the door appears to be widening for a Star Trek: Picard Season 04

Comment

Comment

"Star Trek" Next Gen Films Set 4K Release - Dark Horizons
          4K releases for the Next Gen movies land on 04 April 2023

Comment

Pine, Abrams Offer "Star Trek 4" Update - Dark Horizons
            Chris Pine continues to be on point about the mishandling of the Star Trek films and Paramounts inability to get Star Trek XIV into production

Comment

He is completely right about Star Trek not being meant to compete with the Marvels of this world. That has always been unrealistic and it does the property a disservice.

Comment

Early Discovery looked amazing for a TV show, it can't be that difficult to make a fairly economical ST film. It's nuts that they are taking so long to get back around to it given how easily they're knocking TV eps out now. That being said, Star Wars is now in the same boat I guess

Comment

I've watched Picard s3 ep1 and ep2 after getting word of mouth about a turn around in writing quality... and oh my, it's the best Trek produced since the revival started, none of the dog crap from season 1 and 2 or the terrible, awful, embarrassing Discovery. It actually feels like Adults are back on the Bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                    Early Discovery looked amazing for a TV show, it can't be that difficult to make a fairly economical ST film. It's nuts that they are taking so long to get back around to it given how easily they're knocking TV eps out now. That being said, Star Wars is now in the same boat I guess
                    I think they experience a bit of analysis-paralysis where they feel that every Trek movie needs to be something bigger or grander than a Trek episode. Maybe that's their mistake. They want every movie to be this huge thing.

It can just be that the Enterprise turns up at a planet. Weird **** happens. Maybe they travel through time. I dunno. But not everything needs to be some world-ending cataclysm. It can just be about the characters.

Comment

"Star Trek: Discovery" To End With Season 5 - Dark Horizons
                      An ending is inbound for the original third era Trek show which will air in 2024

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                        I've watched Picard s3 ep1 and ep2 after getting word of mouth about a turn around in writing quality... and oh my, it's the best Trek produced since the revival started, none of the dog crap from season 1 and 2 or the terrible, awful, embarrassing Discovery. It actually feels like Adults are back on the Bridge.
                        Agree.

My only issue so far is I think that the actress who plays rafi is not that great. I don’t remember seeing her in anything else so maybe the character just doesn’t work for her but it’s jarring when I see her scenes compared to everyone else.

Comment

Just watched ep3. Bit of a drop in quality I thought. Also Rafi isn't any worse that the rest of the next gen crew (Stewart aside), most of them aren't great actors, I'm just used to their quirky ways so didn't notice them.

Comment

This series of Picard has been superb so far. That is all.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                              I haven’t watched it because I hated season2 but I’m hearing this same thing from friends. I’m going to start watching it.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                                You were right.

Comment

Working...
                                X