Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished my rewatch of The Bear series 1 in anticipation of my binge of series 2. I reckon it is even better second time around. WOW this is absolutely top drawer.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
      Yellowjackets: Season 02
      This second run was alright but there's an obvious drop off in the quality of the writing. One or two eps standout and it's an enjoyable enough run but it already has an air to it that the plan for five season may be two too many.
      Felt disturbed after the last couple eps of this. Maybe didn’t quite live up to series 1, but still pretty good.

Comment

Wrong thread

Comment

Not sure if anyone here likes Rob and Romesh, but I've really enjoyed the last few. The classical music one this week and the Kpop ones were great.

Comment

Absolutely bingeing Taskmaster with my wife. It's a show I've always liked, but have only ever kind of dipped in and out of it. We watched the last series together and the guests were such a good group we decided to go back to the first series and just work our way through the lot, and have done about six of them now. When you get a genuinely great group of contestants it can be one of the best things on TV, and even when you get a group with a couple of duds it's still worth a watch.

Comment

Must get back into Taskmaster. I think I got a bit burnt out with two series' a year and the audience-free Covid era episodes didn't have the same vibe.

As with any show he's in, the Bob Mortimer series was a highlight. "Have you ever eaten a wind-dried Puffin?"

Comment

Taskmaster works best when you watch them all, IMHO, because even the comedians you don't know have their own quirks and you end up looking forward to how they'll tackle each challenge, be it looking how to bend the rules (Richard Osman and the gym balls!) or how monumentally awful they'll be!

Just finished watching The Traitors: Australia (via iPlayer) and loved it.
                I watched it with my wife and son. He's 12 and warned him about the swearing, but it's been brilliant TV that we've loved watching together and chatting about.
                I love boardgames and it's similar to other social deduction games I've played (One Night Ultimate Werewolf, The Resistance and even parlour games like Mafia and Wink Murder!) but it stands on its own and even all three series I've seen so far (UK, US, AUS) have all played out differently and keeps you guessing how it will play out.
                Recommended if you're after a light, but engrossing show you can chat about.

I'm struggling to get into anything for me.
                True Detective S1 is finally back on NowTV, but I've really not engaged with it.

I tried watching Jessica Jones (D+) and nothing really happens.

Really miss wanting to binge a show.

Comment

Bates Motel: Season 01
                  Enjoyed this and the dynamic created around the central family and its nods to the original film etc but it already feels like it would have worked better as an event series that go to the point faster, there is a huge amount of stretching credibility and the set up to justify being a multi-year show.

Comment

I enjoyed Bates Motel. I probably is a bit stretched out in places but the endgame is always coming. I didn't feel it outstayed its welcome.

Comment

Binged The Recruit over the past few days, first 6 or so episodes were great, the last couple jumped the shark for sure. Really spoiled my enjoyment of it overall actually.

Will see how they handle the next season but I won't be desperate for it to come out.

Comment

Big Door Prize: Season 01
                        This is getting a second season which I'm not sure about, I felt like I'd worked out the ending and then it leaned much harder into its set up which meant I was way off but I still feel unsure of where it's going. That being said, I enjoyed it. The humour is light but there's enough character led weight too to ensure you're invested in most of the characters.

Red Dwarf VI
                        Enjoyed revisiting this one but despite it being the most plaudited run I definitely prefer the ones before it, this one relies more on repeating line variations and broad ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                          Big Door Prize: Season 01
                          This is getting a second season which I'm not sure about, I felt like I'd worked out the ending and then it leaned much harder into its set up which meant I was way off but I still feel unsure of where it's going. That being said, I enjoyed it. The humour is light but there's enough character led weight too to ensure you're invested in most of the characters.
                          What did you mean by you worked out the ending, We don't know where the morpho machine came from what the blue dots are or any of the other mystery's, The cards not always being straightforward or literal are the only twist we have had so far.

Comment

Just finished 'Twisted Metal' last night based on the 90s PlayStation game

Quite easy and enjoyable to watch, I didn't realise the 'Sweet Tooth truck from Rocket League was from this

gets a recommend from me.

Comment

Twisted Metal looks a fun watch ... looking forward to it airing in the UK hopefully sometime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                                What did you mean by you worked out the ending, We don't know where the morpho machine came from what the blue dots are or any of the other mystery's, The cards not always being straightforward or literal are the only twist we have had so far.
                                I got to around the seventh episode and became convinced it was:

going to turn out that the showkeeper had set it up. Him being a bad magician being something of a red herring to the locals for his ultimate trick, the cards issuing words based on his knowledge of them and their lives (that then explaining why the very cursory characters get seemingly random stuff). But then he tries to rip the machine open, gets shocked by it revealing the blue dots on his neck...

and my theory immediately went out the window. I had no idea it was going to run into a second season either so was expecting the end to deal with the fallout rather than teeing up an increasing mystery. Feel sorry for 'O Dowd's character as well, the women in his life...

Comment

Working...
                                X