X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
    Haha. I watched it earlier.

I watched Episode 9 straight after but couldn't take it in because of the fact Episode 8 was nuttier than a fez made of almonds.

Love how Lynch is in full IDGAF mode here, it's a delight and you really don't know what you're gonna get with each episode (and I mean you REALLY don't know what you gonna get...I mean "Ike the Spike" FFSLOOOOOL...)
    Yeah, he’s just doing his own thing. I watched that episode 8 three times. I had no idea what was going on initially but it was an amazing piece of television. The core of the episode adds some important backstory too. It’s a fantastic piece of horror television. Gotta light?

Comment

State of the Union: Season 01
      Chris O' Dowd and Rosaline Pike lead this. It's only 10 mins per ep so easy to plough through and is about a couple going to couples therapy. the ep covers the 10 minutes before the therapy where they meet up in a pub across the road and you pick up piece by piece how things are going and how this all came about as they try to brace for the meeting. It's not quite a comedy and isn't quite that well scripted in terms of natural dialogue but at the same time easy to get into.

Comment

Catweasel and Tufty the Squirrel.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          Yeah, he’s just doing his own thing. I watched that episode 8 three times. I had no idea what was going on initially but it was an amazing piece of television. The core of the episode adds some important backstory too. It’s a fantastic piece of horror television. Gotta light?
          Reckon "got a light?" crazy tramp guy is related to the crazy tramp guy in Mulholland Drive, DT?

(I'm thinking 100%...)

I like how he's factoring in his movie past. Eraserhead, esp, with the stark n dark parts.

Comment

Was grinding through Battlestar Galactica with about 12 eps left and Prime have just taken it off.
            It was a chore anyway, but I feel a bit robbed.
            I'll probably watch the Wiki.

Tried watching Black Mirror, but fell asleep.

Comment

Reckon "got a light?" crazy tramp guy is related to the crazy tramp guy in Mulholland Drive, DT?

(I'm thinking 100%...)

I like how he's factoring in his movie past. Eraserhead, esp, with the stark n dark parts.
              I had not considered this... until you mentioned it. Does feel like a similar idea!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                Was grinding through Battlestar Galactica with about 12 eps left and Prime have just taken it off.
                It was a chore anyway, but I feel a bit robbed.
                I'll probably watch the Wiki.

Tried watching Black Mirror, but fell asleep.
                I think the first 2 series of Battlestar are probably some of the best TV ever made. It completely goes off the rails after.

Comment

Ep 10 of Twin Peaks 2017. Cannot wait for Jim Belushi V Dougie. Loved the really crappy-looking vision of Laura that Gordon has. Disabled guy tied to a table took the cake. Dr Jacoby raving and a few more glimpses of Nadine looking foxy with her eyepatch and drapes shop.

It's just toooooo good. How could anything else even compare?

Comment

I'm thinking THE STRAIGHT STORY is Dave Lynch's version of heaven.

But even in heaven, you get Big Ed selling John Deere mini-tractors.

I'm thinking he's trying to encapsulate his entire oeuvre with this. I'm crossing my balls they do a second season!!!

Comment

TP The Return was phenomenal but I can’t see it’s like ever happening again. We were super lucky to get it in the first place.

Comment

I have heard rumblings. But, in some way, I'd like to keep it the way it is, already.

I'm only ten episodes in and I can already tell it will take me 67yrs to work out what's happening so far.

Boy done real good. He's 73yrs old is Lynchy but what youth could maketh such brilliancenessness?

Comment

it will take me 67yrs to work out what's happening
                          Yeah, David Lynch knows viewers enjoy being detectives. That's where the fun is.

When it originally aired I only knew one other person watching it: a mate who lives in London. And every week we'd have a mad text-a-thon following each ep. The iPhone was like our water cooler

Comment

Timeless: Season 02
                            Nice that they got to make an ending for this but I didn't think that much of it to be honest. It was an ok show but it became too convoluted for its own good and so probably for the best it stopped here.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                              I think the first 2 series of Battlestar are probably some of the best TV ever made. It completely goes off the rails after.
                              Oh thank you!

Everybody bangs on about how amazing it was, but I've found the last few series a real drag.

I think those early 2000s series where they had to fill 24 episodes until the writers' strike suffered from padding and too many seasons. 24, Lost and so on.

I swear for the last 7 hours, it's been the same story line with no further development.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                                I've found the last few series a real drag.

I think those early 2000s series where they had to fill 24 episodes until the writers' strike suffered from padding and too many seasons.
                                I stopped watching halfway through the final season. Just lost momentum and never went back. It was a great show at times but as you say it suffered from that network tv overload of episodes ... and Battlestar had some filler episodes of doom: Scar and that daft boxing one spring to mind. Rubbish.

Thank goodness for the likes of HBO who set a trend of quality over quantity, with satisfying arcs over 'mystery of the week' style programming.

Comment

Working...
                                X