X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
    Worzel Gummidge

A lovely duo of episodes. I wish daft lad was old enough to watch it.

Very warm, surprisingly funny and beautifully filmed in stunning locations. It really is a throwback to simpler, more innocent times. Yet at the same time, very relevant to today. The kids are fine in it, the supporting cast uniformly excellent, and Crook is a revelation. This show is his baby, and he’s lovingly crafted a winner. More, please.
    Couldn’t have put it any better. The songs were fab too. Definitely a highlight of the Christmas schedule.

Comment

I wrote it off on a single image and I’m regretting it now.

Comment

Ditto here, ready for lots more updates re: thread title

Comment

I don’t want to over-egg it, but it’s a real grower. It’s just warmly entertaining.

Comment

+1 for Gummidge.

Comment

First ep of Dracula was ace. More intense than I expected. Looking forward to watching the next two.

Comment

Parts 2 and 3 of Dracula got progressively poorer imo. Esp ep 3.

Comment

I thought the series of Dracula was worth watching, played about with some of the established ideas and had some great moments.

It's true that they decrease in quality.

The final episode was easily the poorest, despite an interesting premise.

I just found that

It focused too much on his final bride, who was horrible, so just meandered about, giving her too much screen time until the final revelation about why he is vulnerable to the classic Drac weaknesses.

It was also pretty convoluted how Drac saw the phone and the owner just-so-happened to be obsessed with his perfect bride.

Thought the two main leads were great. Claes Bang as Drac lurched between arrogant and addict and Dolly Wells handled a few accents convincingly and was a real badass.

I was a little disappointed that Drac's arrogance wasn't his final downfall and I kinda wanted Blade to turn up.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                    Claes Bang... Dolly Wells
                    What kind of nonsense are you making up here, QC? Are these characters from some old Carry On film?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                      What kind of nonsense are you making up here, QC? Are these characters from some old Carry On film?
                      Please don't denigrate their work as actors as they played their (multiple) roles brilliantly.
                      Here's a picture of them together, so you know what they look like in future work:

Comment

Frying tonight!

Comment

Watched the Mark Gatiss documentary about that recent DRACULA you were just talking about.

Gatiss is SUPERB in League of Gentlemen but has a preening, irritating, 'attempting-too-hard-to-be-lofty' type of presence in stuff like this, it's just bloody irritating, tbh, and the camera is always focused on his horrible shoes.

But he's bloody great in TLOG!!!

Just that bloody posh voice he tries to put on. Grating.

Comment

I say GAT-iss, not GATE-iss, btw.

Like Nike. Ike not Ikey.

Comment

The boy Gatiss was born a few miles from where I live. I like his documentaries on the whole. His love for the genre shines through.

Comment

It does. I like the bloke. He went to college down the road from me with all the other LOGs. It's the fake genteelness that makes me gip a bit.

But I never knew them.

But I find Dracula very boring. But not Castlevania. I find that verrrrry interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X