This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brad View Post
    Finished Saul. Not entirely happy with the ending. Like the one half of the story was fine but the other half I dunno. Anyway, roll on the next season!
    I was okay with how it shifted but the transition was pretty abrupt. Two things I didn’t expect by the end of ep 10

Jimmy and Kim to still be together and Lalo to still be alive

but it sets the final season up a treat.

Comment

Friend watched episode one of season two of The OA by accident. She was so confused

Comment

Jack Ryan: Season 01
        Finally finished it, very meh to be honest. It feels essentially like an inferior 24-lite, hopefully future runs move it away from the set up of season one.

Comment

Tried the first episode of Schitt$ Creek last night.

Lovely stuff.

Comment

Castle Rock: Season 02
            I'm doubtful that this is going to see a renewal but it'd be a shame if it didn't because this was a much stronger season than the first one. Season 02 of the semi-anthology show is essentially a bit of a mash up of Misery and Salem's Lot used to create a backstory for Annie that precursors that stories tale. If anything the Salem's Lot slight element detracts from a really well done story and Lizzy Caplan does a great job in the role.

Comment

^^^ I was a bit disappointed with Season 1 but this sounds promising ^^^

Comment

Yep, had my expectations low but barring the side plot that comes into it most of the season is about Annie and is definitely the better stuff of both runs

Comment

Watched the first episode of the new Ghost in the Shell SAC series. It’s as rubbish as the previous GitS series on Netflix.

Comment

I watched my first ever episode of the *new* THE TWILIGHT ZONE.

I think I picked the wrong ep to kick off with. It's the Seth Rogen one, btw. Didn't like but could feel the show has some level of quality.

I am taping more, hope they're less up their own arse than this one...

Comment

PS and the CGI *** ******* was WAY off, Uncanny Valley to the max!!!

Even the voice was off, I've been doing a much better version since the mid-80s!!!!

Picture this...

Comment

The Passage
                        No second season because it was axed, apparently its ending drops off where the books it was based on begin. It's effectively a vampire story using a pandemic as the jumping point and I expected very little of it but it was surprisingly decent and a second run would have been significantly different too. Bit of a shame this one.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                          PS and the CGI *** ******* was WAY off, Uncanny Valley to the max!!!

Even the voice was off, I've been doing a much better version since the mid-80s!!!!

Picture this...
                          Jazzfunk doesn’t know it, but he’s just entered a place beyond space, and time. He’s just entered - The Twilight Zone. *BWAAAANG*

Comment

Halfway through Tales from the Loop on Prime. It’s an eight-part series about love, loss and loneliness, set in a world of high tech fantasy science in a low-key 1950s setting. It’s really very good: you won’t find any mind-blowing SF ideas, but the human stories are touching and smartly written.

Comment

The Flash: Season 06 Part One
                              This is the run of episodes leading up to the Crisis on Infinite Earths event. The show has struggled to find its focus for a season or two now and I'd say that these episodes continued the issue of having a weak villain arc but they did a decent job of finding the shows heart again as it built up the idea of the Crisis more than the other DCTVU shows have.

Star Wars: The Mandalorian: Season 01
                              To be honest, if it weren't Star Wars related I'd probably have gotten bored of it. Despite the imagery it's often not very Star Warsy which isn't too much of a problem but at the same time what it replaces it with is a simple, plodding arc of fluff. Unlike the hype it received, I'm hoping the second run steps up its game.

South Park: Season 23
                              Decent but not one of the better runs, there were some eps that were better than others but this season took the already used up Tegridy Farms running joke and stretched it way too long.

Comment

Finished Tales From The Loop. Solid, low-key sci-fi with really good human storylines. Overall a melancholic 8/10.

Comment

Working...
                                X