This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evil: Season 02
    The switch to streaming service means they've tried to darken the content but really it's in a very tame way. Main issue is that they attempt to shake some things up by being a bit more on the nose which works in terms of plotting but ruins several of the characters by making them just bad or dislikeable. Small course correction needed for the third run.

Comment

Watched the first episode of The Witcher series 2, called 'A Grain of Truth'. I thought it was really good - fun, quite exciting and genuinely creepy and nasty in parts. I understand the Sapkowski fanbase are up in arms for the way it - and subsequent episodes - plays with the textual material they're based off. I haven't read much of Sapkowski at all but I've read this story - which is a good one (

it's basically an Angela Carter-esque reimagining of Beauty and the Beast

) - and the Netflix adaptation is an improvement, tbh. Looking forward to more eps. The Ciri actress seems to have improved quite a lot since series one.

Comment

Finally finished Seal Team All I can say is wow. I loved every season. So glad it got renewed, I cannot wait for the next season.

Comment

Finished Vexed (via Netflix) before it goes off.

3 eps in S1 and 6 in S2 meant it was do-able!

Nice, but silly odd couple cop comedy drama. I was laughing like a drain at some of the non-PC comments.

Comment

​Managed to finally watch a couple of shows that have been well recommended. Firstly Bosch on Prime Video. It’s great watching with a nice jazzy, noirish LA vibe. The storytelling is good and I’ll definitely be on board for more (just finished S1). Then I started Cobra Kai last night and found myself 6 eps in in the blink of an eye. Super enjoyable and much much better than I expected it to be.

Comment

Hawkeye
              Finished it last night and whilst the scale is lower than some of the other TV MCU content so far I think I perhaps enjoyed this the most. The plot was pretty obvious but the cast chemistry was great.

Comment

Binged Cobra Kai season 4 and loved every minute of it. Those last couple of episodes were incredible. It’s such an easy watch. That’s the perfect thing about it. TV got so tense and so dark for a while. Cobra Kai has drama and tension but it’s always an easy watch. It’s fun and funny and I always love the characters. Already looking forward to season 5.

Comment

I’m onto episode 7. It’s outrageous.

It’s complete cheese and often cringe. But it’s so damn funny, and the characters so investable. A glorious tonic, the kind of which seems unique in today’s schedules. Such an easy watch, it’s just pure entertainment.

Also watched Boba Fett episode 1 and really liked it, especially the Western stylings. Favreau knows what he’s doing. He should be given a Star Wars feature.

Comment

Finished the last four episodes. Class.

No idea why I find ‘Penis Breath’ so amusing, but I laugh every time. Loved the ending, it sets things up nicely for the next series.

The only downside is that they are so quick to watch. Why can’t they make them at the same rate as we watch them? Pussies.

Comment

Yeah, it’s so good and I already want the next season.

Comment

I just started watching Cobra Kai and I'm most of the way through the first season. I'd just echo what's said above. Lighthearted easy watching. I don't get enough of that, and I'm really enjoying it. Bags of fun.

Comment

Anyone who doesn’t like Cobra Kai just isn’t badass enough.

Comment

Cobra Kai IV
                            We binged it as the missus didn't want people at work to spoil it. At this point I almost wish I could resent liking the show because it's become pretty unavoidable as to how repetitive it is. The cycle of allegiances etc is very predictable and set in a loop but somehow the show still has sheer magic captured in a bottle. Major props for the addition of Silver too, really well handled.

Comment

Silver for me was like Kreese. In the sense that Kreese just wasn't needed in that first season and I felt adding him probably wasn't a great idea. He was too much of a cartoon bad guy. And yet they made him work really well. And Silver was even more of a cartoon bad guy. Karate Kid 3 was ridiculous and, for a large part, due to him doing his Dick Dastardly routine. And yet, once again, they made him work and brilliantly, I felt. Acknowledging the ridiculousness of who he was in KK3, building on the backstory they planted in season 3 and really fleshing him out and making him feel like a person. I was really impressed with how they handled his character.

Comment

Yep, his arc was one that could have very easily gone wrong which would have been a shame as we're hitting the point with the show where outside of The Next Karate Kid there's no-one left to bring back and like you say, he was so OTT he could have fumbled the show but they wove him in well and instead of being another sticking point for Daniel he's brought some interesting interplay and dynamics to Kreese. They always said they saw the show running for six seasons, not sure if that will remain the same but I can kind of picture how the show's overall arc will go now and it's nice to have a show where it's becoming hard to imagine they'll mess it up now

Comment

Working...
                                X