This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    Another fan of The Boys comic books and also enjoying the tv show ... both playing to the strengths of their platforms.

I finished Barry season 3 last night. Another entertaining one that continues to go to unexpected places and managed to pull off a pretty smart finale. Winkler and Hader both on great form.
    This looks great is this on any uk streaming platforms

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
      This looks great is this on any uk streaming platforms
      It’s on Sky and Now tv … not sure about any other platforms

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        It’s on Sky and Now tv … not sure about any other platforms
        Awesome got my brothers sky account logged in on my PS5 will give it a watch.

Comment

Been watching The Orville, it really is fantastic, everything star trek should of become. Not finished yet but I can’t fault it really.

Comment

With Orville they should have gone all in from the outset. I think the limited budget didn't help it either but the earlier runs straddle of trying to do Next Gen homage and comedy didn't work at all for it, the more it let the comedy go and became a more love letter kind of show the better it became but from what I understand this new third run is the last.

Comment

Baymax!: Season 01
              8 minutes per episode, 6 in the season so very fast to get through. Each episode is Baymax helping someone out with the final two making a two parter where it all comes together. It's all decent, enjoyable and easy to get through in a single sitting. Nothing adventurous about it, overall like an extra short you'd get on the home release.

Comment

The Boys: Season 03
                An enjoyable run and the Soldier Boy arc was enjoyable enough too but by the end there was a tad element of it treading water with things broadly ending set up for the next season exactly where they were at the end of the previous one too. I'm glad it won't be drawn out too much as it feels time to start ending to the plots endgame.

Midnight Mass

Clocked the entire plot by halfway through episode two which made its pacing issues all the more harder. It's nowhere near as good as Bly Mano which was in turn a pale shadow of Hill House. There's some decent dialogue scenes in places but generally it's a very, very slow seven episode long show drawing out a very thing premise.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                  Baymax!: Season 01
                  8 minutes per episode, 6 in the season so very fast to get through. Each episode is Baymax helping someone out with the final two making a two parter where it all comes together. It's all decent, enjoyable and easy to get through in a single sitting. Nothing adventurous about it, overall like an extra short you'd get on the home release.
                  Some genuine LOL moments for me. I really enjoyed it, left me wishing for more! Damn I wish there was another Big Hero Six movie

Comment

Yep, it's weird that for Disney+ they want content but make these things so criminally short

Comment

The Boys S3.
                      Same as Neon, it's a great show, well worth watching and some of the biggest WTF moments I've seen on a telly show, but the story could have wound up this season. I'm glad they didn't and I think there could be a fascinating selection of storylines to conclude, but if it keeps building up then dropping a resolution, it'll run out of steam.

Deffo watch it though, if you want an alternative to Marvel/DC heroes.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                        The Boys S3.
                        Same as Neon, it's a great show, well worth watching and some of the biggest WTF moments I've seen on a telly show, but the story could have wound up this season. I'm glad they didn't and I think there could be a fascinating selection of storylines to conclude, but if it keeps building up then dropping a resolution, it'll run out of steam.

Deffo watch it though, if you want an alternative to Marvel/DC heroes.
                        I have only just started this show, a few eps into season 2 now and I'm absolutely loving it. It's deliberately pushing buttons for reactions and yet doing it so well. It's like it uses its shock value thoughtfully, if you know what I mean. The characters are all really interesting, with Homelander being especially fascinating, so full of contradictions and yet coming together perfectly as a character. The show has impressed me.

Comment

It's really good and those shock moments aren't the only reason to watch, just an addition.

Homelander is an amazing character and it's genuinely interesting to see him unravel and who suffers.

Comment

Is the first episode of Peaky Blinders indicative of the show?
                            Watched it last night and was bored to tears. It looks amazing production wise but the plot immediately smacked of the same tired local gangster stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              It's really good and those shock moments aren't the only reason to watch, just an addition.

Homelander is an amazing character and it's genuinely interesting to see him unravel and who suffers.
                              Homelander is probably the best character on tv in recent memory. He’s every single question you could have about what if superman was actually a bit mental.

Looking forward to season4 but i think they need to wind it all up at the end of s4, no need to drag things out.

Comment

Started watching Spriggan on Netflix.

It's an anime based on an old manga series.
                                I did like the comic when it was in "Manga Mania" (or similar), so I thought I'd take a punt.
                                There's some brilliant action sequences and interesting concepts, but ultimately, it's all a bit silly.
                                I think it's arrived about three decades too late for me to really get into.

It's got a bit of a Metal Gear Solid vibe with loads of disposable soldiers taken out by "boss" characters with superpowers that the Spriggan then has to defeat.

Maybe check out the first episode. If that grips you, you'll probably enjoy it. 6 eps, I've watched 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X