Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light & Magic. First episode done before bed, absolutely wonderful. A must for any Star Was, SFX fan.

Comment

2 series down from Suits. Whilst I am enjoying it, there is no way it can sustain itself for 9 series. So I'm sure there will be a point where I jump off well and truly prior to that. Like the use of the evil Pommie firm as the bad guys Was funny seeing Varys with hair!

Comment

I've started The Wire on my own. Seems a bit slow-moving at the moment.
        One cop thinks there's a kingpin, nobody else thinks there is.
        Cop is getting grief from other cops about it, perps are selling drugs.
        Yet it's still really interesting and I want to watch more.

With my wife, we watched The Last Leg after finishing S2 of Only Murders in the Building.
        Last Leg was good and fairly balanced look at the death of The Queen, which didn't air the day after her death.

OMITB was poor, tbh and I struggled to engage with it.
        Too self-referential and loads of evidence appearing when the plot needs to move on a bit.
        I'm not relishing a third series.

With my son, I'm watching Marvel What If...? and I'm enjoying seeing this again.
        Some eps are better than others, but they're all worth a watch for Marvel fans and the last couple are really clever.

Comment

These are probably the exact same things I said about Cobra Kai after S4, but S5 is totally daft, predictable, cheese-tastic rubbish... aaand yet we were totally compelled to watching the entire season in two evenings.

They had such an opportunity to wrap everything up here that they totally squandered... see you guys here for S6, I guess

Comment

You just listed its best points!

Critical analysis doesn’t apply to Cobra Kai. Just this concern: did I enjoy it? And, unless you’re a pussy, the answer is yes.

Comment

The Flight Attendant: Season 01
              It kind of pays off overall but there is an entire side plot adds nothing except stretching credibility, some logic gaps late on and a bit of a tease for the direction of Season 02 which is also a bit daft. It's very much a solid enough but slightly strained one shot idea so I'm not sure how well the second run will go when we get to it.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                You just listed its best points!

Critical analysis doesn’t apply to Cobra Kai. Just this concern: did I enjoy it? And, unless you’re a pussy, the answer is yes.
                I thought my point about watching the whole thing in two nights got this across sufficiently, Johnny Lawrence!

Comment

Kobra Kai rules. That’s it.

I love how Johnny thinks that in addition to Mexican money having different value to US dollars, Mexican time is different as well. He’s so dumb you gotta love him.

Comment

More of The Wire for me, which is still slow-moving but engaging.

Finished The Detectorists with the wife, which was a bit tense in the middle, but ended up being a lovely, sweet series. Glad there's a S2.

Finished What If...? with my son, which has a great finale. Turns out there's a missing episode that got dropped because of Covid that will make S2, but there's a moment where you see some random Iron Man in S1 and it's a bit confusing!
                    Eternals is next on our Marvel catchup.

Saw that Final Space was getting axed for tax reasons (can't believe this practice is allowed), so dived into that and I bloody love it!
                    I was proper belly laughing at some bits. Especially:

Where he dons the skinsuit of a dead alien mother, then spends some time, by accident with her family until the kids are hugging her so much, they just tear the skinsuit in half. The whole thing culminates with Gary and Avocato escaping the base by jumping off a ledge, but landing on the family's car ship and they use the wipers to get rid of them, but Gary's severed arm is stuck under the wiper.

So wrong, but hilarious!

I still like Rick & Morty, but it's got this spiteful streak running through it that makes it less appetising these days.
                    Final Space's Gary Goodspeed is an idiot, but well-meaning and completely faithful to his friends.
                    Need to cane it before it leaves Netflix, never to be seen again.

Comment

I’m loving Cobra Kai.

I know people rip into the kids stuff and would rather they focus on the adults but I’m happy with the balance - the adults bring the acting chops but Jesus Christ, the kids bring the karate chops! The school fight in S1 was bananas, and the one-shot brawl at Daniel’s house in a later season was also bananas. The fouling football was, you guessed it, bananas. I’m expecting the man from Del Monte to show up and say “yes”.

I’ve got one more episode of season 10 to go.

EAGLE FANG, BABY

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                        I’ve got one more episode of season 10 to go.
                        No spoilers. The rest of us can’t see this yet due to seasons 6 to 10 not having been made yet.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                          Critical analysis doesn’t apply to Cobra Kai.
                          Yeah, I'd second this. It's terrible in soooo many ways, but it's just so entertaining and earnest. It's like the streaming show equivalent of a little puppy trying to lift up a stick that's too big.

Comment

I’ve watched the first episode of Cunk on the World. Very amusing. It’s not like the style is new but it’s just good fun and the experts she interviews must be game for a laugh.

Comment

S3 of The Boys. Still great entertainment but not much humour in the last few episodes

Comment

Just finished a re-watch of Breaking Bad, and it really is a great bit of TV, the Roller coaster it takes you on is still amazing and watching ti again a second time when you know the outcome is even better it makes you realise quite a few things.

I remember being quite annoyed with Skyler on the first watch through but i have a massive lot more sympathy for her the level of manipulation and bull**** she has to put up with is astounding and its her that's left to pick up the pieces from Walt's mess she ends up in a worse position than before but their is a small light at the end of the tunnel in what he did with his former partners and it means that his kids will get a decent education. The real loser in this is Jesse though he has been put through the ringer well and truly and lost everything and everyone he cares about, by comparison Walt didn't have long left and gets to die with everything in order he finally admitted to Skyler he liked the killing the drug making and the life of crime as it made him feel alive.

Nobody comes out of this looking good Hank comes off a lot worse on the secone watch he is a real racist piece of crap hes treats his wife really badly and on multiple occasions becomes so obsessed with the Heisenberg case hes involved in breaks the law hes supposed to be upholding. Its this in the end that leads to his demise how he thought going it alone when he could of gone in their with proper backup and support shows how the case had become all about him getting the resolution and him alone. It feels at times like everyone on the cast will break and bend the law with some doing it for their own gain and some justifying what their doing as not hurting anyone its a real interesting study on how far people will go with illegal activities, Marie' shoplifting to Skyler's tax fraud (by helping cook teds books) all the way down to walts murder and drug dealing

Last edited by Lebowski; 27-09-2022, 11:44.

Comment

Working...
                                X