Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All up to date and still really enjoying The Last of Us. We look forward to the new ep every week. Love that feeling.

We also watched the entire second series of Clarkson's Farm over the weekend. It's built on the first series very well and is, somehow, incredibly watchable.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
      All up to date and still really enjoying The Last of Us. We look forward to the new ep every week. Love that feeling.

We also watched the entire second series of Clarkson's Farm over the weekend. It's built on the first series very well and is, somehow, incredibly watchable.
      Just watched the first 2 episodes of series 2 of Clarkson's Farm. There's a lot more swearing in it now but still very enjoyable.

Comment

I'm way behind on all that Top Gear/Clarkson's Farm/Grand Tour stuff, but it's all enjoyable fluff.

Watched Episode 4 of The Last of Us last night, which progresses the story again.
        It's really good, but making me think of other similar shows, especially Black Summer, which I think it superior, but I had two seasons of content, rather than 4 episodes.
        "Diarrhea is hereditary..."

We've been watching some more Travel Man and were proper chuckling at some episodes. Bill Bailey and James Acaster have been the funniest, but they're all worth a watch!

Bill and Joe (caveman ninja?) go to Iceland for their trip and there's some astounding scenery.
        They check into these bubble hotels that let you see the Northern Lights, as a strong wind blows whilst the sun sets.
        I rewound it and the wife asked what I was doing, I queued a track up and muted the telly then watched the sequence again, but with the opening track from It Follows and it TOTALLY looks like a horror trailer!

Comment

Stranger Things: Season 03
          It's simpler and less ominous than the prior two runs but I do like this one, there's just a nice sense of fun with the characterisations having clicked across the board.

The Last of Us: Episode 05
          Wasn't 100% sold on the QZ stuff or every element of the Sam and Henry story handling, but it was only minorly off from the other eps, still enjoyable.

Comment

Just finished re-watching, at least 25 years since the last time, the first two episodes of the BBC's '80s' drama/conspiracy series Edge Of Darkness.

Getting on for forty years old now it still holds up very well and remains a benchmark for this type of series.

Bob Peck's performance is/was a standout but there are plenty of other well known actors of the time, John Woodvine, Joe Don Baker, Jack Watson and of course: Joanne Whalley amongst many others doing sterling work.

Well worth watching if you've not seen it before.

Comment

Taboo - finally finished this. Started out great, dropped off a fair bit in the middle, ending was ok I guess. Disappointed they didn't really go into the back story, thought most of the cast was good, Hardy was Hardy, Pryce over the top pantomime villain. Some decent action and intrigue but the payoff just wasn't there. Would I watch a season 2, probably but I think overall it wasn't good enough to continue.

Comment

Stranger Things: Season 04
                We're finally done on the rewatch, you just kind of go with it more on the second viewing as to how dependent the fourth run is on coincidence. It's still a solid run though and the last few episodes remain much more dramatic than much of what came before. It's right to end it on the next run but it'll still be a shame to see it go.

Comment

Lost: Season 04
                  Simpler and leaner, it's a better run than the previous one that was too bloated and aimless. It's nice that the next one will be revisiting my favourite one too.

Comment

The Last of Us: Episode 07
                    Solid but definitely the weakest episode. Whereas the Bill episode had much to say and expand on, this is a very 1:1 adaptation of Left Behind which itself didn't have that much to add to things. Considering the show has shown itself to be very good at cutting and reworking sequences I'd have rather that happened to Left Behind to mix it with the events from the cliff hanger more concisely, instead it gets almost an entire episode to itself and borders a little too close to boring at times. With only two episodes left though the shows looking good to cross the finish line strong though.

Comment

Still an episode behind but we watched The Last of Us - Ep6 last night. I genuinely don't have a bad thing to say about the show. It's just an expertly handled adaptation. This ep says a lot about Joel ... his imperfections and qualities ... and further drives his relationship with Ellie. It's such a great looking show too. Every frame is a thing of beauty.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                        Still an episode behind but we watched The Last of Us - Ep6 last night. I genuinely don't have a bad thing to say about the show. It's just an expertly handled adaptation. This ep says a lot about Joel ... his imperfections and qualities ... and further drives his relationship with Ellie. It's such a great looking show too. Every frame is a thing of beauty.
                        I really enjoyed left behind it shows Ellie as being a lot more vulnerable than she has been so far and showing her as being a survivor, her saving Joel and not giving up was perfectly married with the left behind story line.

Comment

Ah, we just watched the Left Behind ep last night (ep 7). Much as I love the game(s) I'd never played the dlc so it was all new to me. And absolutely brilliant. The show is very good at keeping things varied and interesting. It's so good ... although one of my son's grumbled at too much back story yesterday ... after ep 6 he very much wanted 7 set in the now.

Comment

New episode of The Mandalorian.

I had to do a double take as I was pretty sure baby Yoda Grogu left with

the most awesome Luke Skywalker

at the end of the last series??

Anyway it was pretty cool, the ending shot of the opening sequence was a nice touch.

Comment

We started watching Edge of Darkness (1985 via BBC iPlayer) and it's really good.
                              It's a police/political/conspiracy thriller about a detective who starts investigating his daughter's death when things don't seem to make sense.

Comment

That 90's Show: Season 01
                                If you want more 70's Show that's not as good as the original but not as bad as the last season or two of that version then this will see you right. It's ever so slightly cheaper made and only 10 episodes long, as usual the new kids aren't as good either but it hits just enough nostalgia notes to keep it breezy and likeable. Kitty is doing a lot of heavy lifting and it's gutting that the old cast only make ever so slightly passing appearances because most of them, particularly Topher are staggeringly spot on at picking up their old characters. A 16 ep second season has been greenlit and whilst I get the new cast will always come first, they really need more of the old one in the mix.

Comment

Working...
                                X