This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
    I really wasn't sure were to put this, so feel free to move it. It's a bit of a talking point.

Turns out that Cats is full of CGI **** ups you'd only see in videogames. Like feet glitching through the floor and furless unrendered cats. They are releasing a redone version but it begs the question how it could be released in this mess in the first place.

https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2019/12/c...an-should-see/
    Damn even films are getting paid beta releases these days.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
      Damn even films are getting paid beta releases these days.
      You joke, but there's a day one patch.

Comment

I already posted these things!

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          I already posted these things!
          Apologies dude, I hadn’t read your post.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
            Apologies dude, I hadn’t read your post.
            Nobody had! I’m on everyone’s ignore list... well, I had it coming.

Last night I watched The Thing on Netflix, the prequel one with Winstead. I hadn’t seen it and didn’t really know much about it other than I didn’t need it in my life when it came out. But actually... it wasn’t bad at all. I enjoyed it and thought it did a good job at almost serving as a remake yet prequel all in one. A shame some of the CG doesn’t hold up the way practical effects do but I felt it was quite true to the original while not in any way undermining it. More reboots should take that approach. If you like the original and haven’t seen this and you’re going in with no expectations, you might enjoy it so give it a go.

Comment

Last night I watched The Thing on Netflix, the prequel one with Winstead. I hadn’t seen it and didn’t really know much about it other than I didn’t need it in my life when it came out. But actually... it wasn’t bad at all. I enjoyed it and thought it did a good job at almost serving as a remake yet prequel all in one. A shame some of the CG doesn’t hold up the way practical effects do but I felt it was quite true to the original while not in any way undermining it. More reboots should take that approach. If you like the original and haven’t seen this and you’re going in with no expectations, you might enjoy it so give it a go.

Comment

??? [MENTION=25]charlesr[/MENTION]

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                  ??? [MENTION=25]charlesr[/MENTION]
                  It was a joke about people posting what you already posted...

Comment

It's worth checking out some of the practical effects they had originally designed for the new The Thing before they CGd it all out. Really impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                      It was a joke about people posting what you already posted...
                      Ah! Too clever for me! I didn’t get it but I totally should have.

I’ll look up those The Thing effects if I can find them!

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                        Hehe. Brilliant.

Comment

Jojo Rabbit
                          Enjoyed this quite a bit thanks to the light hearted humourous tone throughout. Despite the promotional stuff about the imaginary Hitler it really didn't need that addition which doesn't really add much and Waititi is only so-so in that role unable to cover up his native accent too. The kids absolutely steal this. Not up on a level where it's a FOTY consideration but Waititi's humour worked much more here than it did for me in Ragnarok

Comment

OMG. I'm watching G.I. Joe: Rise of the Cobra.
                            IT'S AMAZING. Highly recommended. So much stunt. Littered with OTT. Amazon prime.

Comment

I've watched a lot of films recently.

The joys of Christmas.

Rise of Skywalker
                              Frozen 2
                              Life of the Party
                              Crazy Rich Asians
                              The Grinch (Cumberbatch not Carrey)
                              Tangled
                              Fighting With My Family
                              The Incredibles
                              Ralph Breaks The Internet