Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As someone who loves the original series, I can't stand the modern film remarks. Load of junk. The original series had tense, well acted characters and clandestine stories. It's a pleasure to watch.

It wasn't about leaving a trail of wreckage arl ower.

Comment

I haven't seen any of them after the first. I enjoyed the series and it was about a beautifully coordinated team each playing their role to execute the perfect plan. I can't remember the film much but I seem to remember it all being Tom Cruise doing cool stuff on his own and finding it mildly entertaining but not something I needed more of.

Comment

More controversy!

The Last House on the Left
        Man you could tell this was an early film for Wes Craven. Utter rubbish. The basic concept is fine but the execution was terrible with lots of bad shot cuts and weird music choices which constantly undercut the events which are supposed to be dark and brutal but veer from horrific to Confessions of a Window Cleaner.

A Clockwork Orange
        Got to strap myself in for this one's backlash. I've seen chunks of it before but didn't stick it out because it didn't click with me, this was another attempt to sit down and soak it in but once again it swung and missed. Naff with the only enjoyable takeaway being the reminder of Conker's Bad Fur Day from the opening shot. The underlying story holds interest but I'm not a fan of the execution which definitely revels in what it's also pretending to highlight as offensive.

Comment

Guess you got no yarbles.

Comment

John Wick 3. These films really clicked with me this time. But I feel like I've had enough now.

Crimson Peak. I was expecting a straight up spook-fest but instead got a gothic romance / old dark house story instead. I love old films but I think they're products of their time ... impossible to recreate now. It just wouldn't work. But this proves you can put a modern filmmaker's spin on something much older. Harking back to the likes of Wuthering Heights and Rebecca and Edgar Allen Poe stories ... I just love everywhere it's coming from. Thoroughly enjoyed it. A stunning looking film too. Especially the house itself. Hats off to the production team for that.

Comment

Mission Impossible Fallout - Wow!! Just brilliant!!

I don't understand how each subsequent film is better than the last.

And the stunts? Incredible!!

Comment

John Wick 3. Loads better than 2. Still a bit stupid.

Comment

Venom - Tom Hardy sounds like he's trying to do a bad Christopher Walken impression while having a stroke.

Ridiculous and missing something that the "Marvel proper" films have I still enjoyed this quite a bit.

Comment

Duel
                    Takes a bit to get properly settled in but I enjoyed this one. Only one of the three used trucks still exists and ironically it's the one that doesn't end up appearing in any of the shots used.

Comment

Love Duel and love the fact there's still a truck in existence ^^^

I watched Hellbound: Hellraiser II last night. Not the best of sequels to be honest.

Comment

Duel is Spielburgs best film. I'm trying to get the truck for american truck simulator too BRRRoooooooo CHUG BBBrrroooooooo

Comment

Duel is one of my top ten films. Tension and expert pacing, with a sublime variety of camera angles.

The original tv cut isn’t as good as the extended theatrical cut.

Comment

Really enjoyed it, wanted it to be amazing but it wasn't quite there, seems it was filmed in one continuous shot

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
                              seems it was filmed in one continuous shot
                              It's lots of looooooong takes stitched together to give the illusion of one take.

A bit like God of War on PS4 using door openings to masks cuts / loading times.

Comment

Watched THE BURBS last night, it's strangely been doing the rounds on The Horror Channel and has been misguidingly advertised as an '18' on there (even tho I know it was always like a PG or summat).

Never seen it before, oddly, remember it being amongst the New Releases in my local vid shop back in the day but I never got me mam to rent it (prob cos I associated Tom Hanks with 'wishy-washy at the time).

Was it good? I really liked it! It wasn't amazing, it's a 7.6er max but chock full of late-80s movie magic. It's got loads going for it but the denouement is a bit crap, almost like a soggy fart of an ending, resulting in a small raisin of faecal matter.

Made me smile, wouldn't wanna watch it again tbh tho. The hood reminds me a bit of GTA: San Andreas

Comment

Working...
                                X