Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gonna be watching EDGE OF TOMORROW very shortly.

I am vastly looking forward to it and I'm very much in the right frame of mind for it.

Never heard anyone slag this off but also don't hear many peeps talking about it at all.

Colour me curious. I'm not gonna look any more.

Comment

(gonna have to see THE LIGHTHOUSE and IN FABRIC, now...)

Comment

Tried to watch Justice League, but fell asleep 3 times before giving up and going to bed.

Too much late night EDF.

"The cube is so old, nobody could even date it, then my father looked at it and knew it was a perpetual energy engine."

Comment

Escape Plan 3: The Extractors
          Barely works in the same frame as the previosu two but given the second film was so weak it's neither here nor there. This was passable direct to dvd levels tuff really.

Jay and Silent Bob: Reboot
          I don't know why I did it to myself. There were a couple of alright moments but the film is 95-99% excrement. There's lots of Smith self-reference going on in a self-deprecating manner but it doesn't work as humour because it's all painfully true. This is very low budget, obscenely outdated, poorly made and borderline depressing to watch everyone still doing this schtick for Smith where it's appeal at this point pretty much seems to rest solely on familiarity with the characters. The idea of Clerks III...

Comment

Just watched EDGE OF TOMORROW.

It was actually a cross between GROUNDHOG DAY/STARSHIP TROOPERS/ALIENS with a GEARS OF WAR sorta vibe.

Once the 'twist' happens, it gets truly great but the end is MUCH less interesting than the twist itself and it's about half an hour too long as a result.

Anyhoo, it's still pretty good. Sorta film I knew nothing about, I really wished I'd seen this at the flicks. Tom Cruise is great, it's interesting, just runs out of steam and it's sad because this is a pretty quirky TC gem.

Comment

Tomorrow night's movie is PHILADELPHIA.

Never seen it before. Our kid saw it at the flicks back in the 90s when he was cucking himself for some forward 6th form forward lassie who was dating a 29yr old bloke or summat at the time.

He never got anywhere but always felt an inner sense she was "The One". Foooooool!

(even now, sometimes he gets drunk, he mentions it and it's like bloom is all over his eyeballs).

Anyway, I remember at the time he said he only concentrated on like the 30% he took in but he said the majority was a middling movie about Tom Hanks trying to win an Oscar playing an old dude with HIV.

Our kid said he could act like he had AIDS better* (and he could and can).

(*our kid was like 16yrs old at the time. And in the mid-90s. One had to be there to comprehend fully...)

Comment

I can't dis Tom Cruise.

He gave me RISKY BUSINESS and Tangerine Dream when I was 13yrs old.

(me and bro randomly caught it on BBC2 in like late 1988).

Best lesson in life EVER.

Comment

I managed to watch all of It last night. It was okay. The kids were good and the guy who played Pennywise was great. But the film suffered from something that other scary movies before have done (and I guess King’s source does this too) - it kitchen sinked the scares by just throwing a bit of everything in. Very few of the scary gimmicks were connected so it kind of had a ghost train feel. Ooh, cobwebs! A skeleton! A creepy witch! Bats! You know what I mean. And some of those just didn’t work for me at all. And those sent the plot down what appear to be red herrings too so there was no real sense of what the kids should do or were meant to be doing at the end.

Maybe it all comes together in the sequel, I don’t know. Enjoyable enough but it was patchy and didn’t really feel coherent to me.

Comment

Trinity Is Still My Name

Spaghetti western comedy, Was pretty good and did make me laugh quite a bit

Comment

Just watched PHILADELPHIA. Jesus H.

Contains THE worst, cringiest scene in a movie EVER. This is Tom Hanks winning Oscars, folks:

Bloody hell, man. At least Denzel Wash, Charles Nape and Jase Robards are cool and DON'T wildly overact. Hanks is RUBBISH!!! Bantonio Honduras - as his boyfriend - is curiously kept very much in the background, he's quiet as a mouse.

A sickly, sickening film with some great courtroom scenes and a few good actors (the aforementioned triumvirate) but just too much sugar-sweet garbage nonsense.

Made me wanna vom, tbh, I was hoping he'd win his case > buy a jumbo jet > travel the skies and lands spreading his plague like that vamp in THE NIGHT FLIER until he was too weak to live anymore.

But that doesn't happen. He doesn't infect *anyone*, he just wins his case, dies and there's about five minutes of 'home movies' at the end but I can't tell if they're real or professionally shot. They're supposed to make you feel sad.

They made me want to KILL.

Garbage but quality camp garbage. Rubbish but also kinda watchable in a TV movie kinda way.

Guy who made THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS, too. How the mighty fall.

Comment

Jeeeeez, just rewatched that clip a little *too* long and just vommed a gobbet of yellow bile up into the gaggy part at the back of my gob...

Comment

Just watched it a third time to either validate or negate my sense of thing.

The result:

CRINGECRINGECRINGECRINGECRINGE.

Oh my god how could anyone NOT feel uncomfortable watching that?

Deffo the worst film I've seen all year.

(but it's watchable, I'd recommend you watch it and make your own opinions).

Comment

Anyway.

Johnny Harris.

Odyssey Pt. 1.

Comment

I watched Jurassic World. I guess it gave me somewhere to rest my eyes while having beer and crisps so that’s something.

Comment

We watched Zombieland 2. Had its moments but completely inferior to the first one.

Comment

Working...
                                X