No announcement yet.

Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning Part Two

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dead Reckoning: Part 2 release date: 28 June 2024 (UK).

Part one should have a few more reviews this week as the preview is out today.
    Zoe Ball said on her breakfast show that she's off to see it today and that they're getting Cruise in for an interview in a couple of weeks.

Looking forward to seeing this!

Comment

I've got my tickets booked for the BFI IMAX my partner is a massive fan of these films.

The series is a mixed bag for me but the stuntwork in the last couple has been absolutely exceptional, and I'm expecting to be bigger and badder than ever in 7.

Comment

McQuarrie On How Much Of M:I-8 Is Done - Dark Horizons
        Turns out so far only around 40% of Part Two is in the can

Comment

Indy 5, Mission 7 Could Lose $100 Million - Dark Horizons
          As has been discussed in many places, the high budget and lower than expected takings for Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny may lose that film up to $100m however the news here is that despite its bigger haul, Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning Part One might lose the same. With Part Two inbound regardless, the viability of the series continuing beyond that might actually be in question.

Comment

I think it came up against some incredibly tough competition this year, releasing just before the Barbie/Oppenheimer hype train. Particularly with Oppenheimer absolutely dominating IMAX screens once it released, and shunting MI down to smaller ones. The BFI IMAX only showed MI for a week or two before switching to Oppenheimer which is getting at least 6 weeks of solid daily showings there.

For Part 2, release timing will obviously be key, but I imagine there will also be a major push to make Part 1 widely available on streaming services as part of the marketing run-up. Because of course a 'Part 2' of anything faces the additional challenge of attracting audiences who might not have seen the first one.

Comment

Yep, at the moment Part Two has a better window in terms of competition. In the weeks before it The Karate Kid and Inside Out 2 release, it's hard to imagine TKK proving to be competition and Inside is very counter-programming stuff. In the wake of Part Two the films releasing are Despicable Me 4 (same situation as Inside Out 2) and Mufasa: The Lion King. TLK made far more money than it deserved but to date audiences have shown zero desire for live action remake sequels from Disney so hopefully Part Two will stand out more as it's fairly alone in terms of intended audience.

Comment

Next "Mission: Impossible" Delayed To 2025 - Dark Horizons
                Nearly a year to shift it out of the summer window that Part One struggled in and instead open on the 23 May 2024 weekend that Top Gun: Maverick launched to.

Comment

Interesting. Exactly what we were talking about above in terms of release timing.

Comment

Paramount removes Part One from the last films title

Comment

Working...
                    X