No announcement yet.

Canon-Strike VI: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can’t remember - was he pardoned or still considered a fugitive? Also, Stark may not have wanted it to fall into government (Ross’) hands.

Comment

Yeah I was thinking the military connection might be an issue. But then I weigh that up against high school kid and…

Or even Pepper. They must have mentioned why she didn’t get it. Maybe she didn’t want it. Again, weighing it up against high school kid…

Comment

Oh, defo the high school kid. 100% haha!

Comment

Given that Pepper now runs Stark Industries and would have oversight of Tony's will it also suggests she was aware of it, would have seen Peter's situation and thought 'stuff him' and left him to it

Comment

We're going to do our yearly round up and extend this as we did last year based on the news from back in January that Marvel has confirmed that Deadpool will be made canon as of the upcoming third film, as was done with prior Spider-Man films in No Way Home last year. As such, those two films will be our starting point given they are the oldest of the additions this year. This also means that the MCU closes out this year with its 40th film and the end of Phase 4

Movie 35 - Deadpool
            An origin story for the merc with a mouth that brushed aside the previous Fox made attempt at the character and instead painted him as a modern day man in his dying days, willing to subject himself to an underground experiment that disfigures him but also grants him regenerative powers. The film operates largely in its own bubble, even given it's X-Men era timing, but it proved a huge hit and whilst the events of the film are very unlikely to feed into the character or MCU moving forward, barring perhaps Vanessa, the film established a cinematic incarnation of the character and the delivery of the character that will be transitioning into the MCU in two years time.

Is Marvel right to carry the character across?

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
              Is Marvel right to carry the character across?
              Difficult to say. Deadpool 1&2 were great fun, and better than they had any right to be. But I just don't know if the character is incompatible with the image of the MCU.

Has anyone here watched the PG-13 version if Deadpool 2? I want to try it sometime. It's meant to be hilarious.

Comment

Not seen the PG version, I've seen the alternate cut they did that's still higher rated and that was easily a worse version

Comment

I love Deadpool. I would have said some time ago that he would have trouble fitting in the MCU but we’re kind of at an anything goes stage with it. Not sure that’s entirely working for them though.

Comment

I think deadpool doesn’t fit in with the rest of the mcu and that’s why they should definitely do it. My favourite parts in any marvel movies are the comedy. So, selfish perspective but I’m all up for it.

Comment

Movie 36 - Deadpool 2
                      Following on from the success of the original, the sequel expanded the cast line up with several new additions including Cable and Domino with Wade out for revenge following the death of his love Vanessa. Despite the characters humour orientated nature, the film focused on developing the character as a leader and with a larger emotional core and the final film proved a hit once again matching the first films box office resulting in two alternate versions being released.

Did the sequel potentially bring the overall tone closer to something that would work in the MCU?

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                        Movie 36 - Deadpool 2
                        Did the sequel potentially bring the overall tone closer to something that would work in the MCU?
                        I still need to watch the PG-13 version. That being said, I loved the second one. Very much one of those movies where if you like the first, you'll probably like the second, as it's just another 2hrs of similar material.

Comment

I wasn't too sure of it on the first watch but on second viewing it held up much better. The alternate cut is typically of nearly all alt-cuts, worse in every change that is made whilst the PG version is more novel but still not as good.

Comment

Is the PG version on Disney+?

Comment

Nope, in the UK it ended up still being rated 15 and rumbles are that because Fred Savage was accused of misconduct this year it's unlikely to appear anytime soon on anything either other than to buy on disc

Comment

Movie 37 - Morbius
                                Sony's second attempt at introducing a character to the MCU brought in Jared Leto's vampiric doctor, struggling against the nature of the new powers he's been granted. The film achieved the mantle of being the lowest grossing MCU film though Marvel will feel somewhat indifferent given Sony shouldered this one. It remains unknown if the ropey tie in with No Way Home will end up being paid off.

Want Mor? (bius)

Comment

Working...
                                X